First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 23 Mav Lariat Tremor and am curious if anyone hears the turbo kick in with light acceleration??
Sponsored

DonkeyJohn

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver w/ 2.0 EB, splash guards
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, never. My xl 2.0 EB only has turbo kick in when I stomp on the gas, e.g. passing semis on freeway when they struggle on upgrades, or similar. Plenty of acceleration for normal driving conditions w/ rpm's in 2000-2200 range, and turbo hasn't kicked in until 2400rpm or higher. I drive conservatively, mostly in normal drive mode, or occasionally in eco, but sport mode might change the parameters. Would also negatively impact mpg's, and I'm frugal. Jack rabbit starts not my thing.

OP
OP

Lilhev333

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s my thoughts too. Hubby thought turbo and ya no! It’s kind of a rattle sound that I only hear when accelerating from a stop of slow speeds like under 20. It’s internal not like something’s rattling in my door pocket or anything.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I dont have my Tremor yet but I thought there was a boost readout on the productivity screen.

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think they really nailed this turbo. It's seamless power on demand. I used to have a 1993 RX7 R1, and when the turbo kicked in on that thing it was like somebody lit a rocket engine. The engineers across the industry have really "dialed in" turbos thirty years later.

mavhopefull

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 23 Mav Lariat Tremor and am curious if anyone hears the turbo kick in with light acceleration??
I replaced the air filter on my Mav with The Green Filter. Now I hear it spool up even on light acceleration. I love the Sound!

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't noticed it as I'm usually peeing my pants from the acceleration when I do actually get on the throttle hard. I put it in sport mode and scared myself :D

OP
OP

Lilhev333

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't noticed it as I'm usually peeing my pants from the acceleration when I do actually get on the throttle hard. I put it in sport mode and scared myself :D
Like i said my hubby is nuts it’s the turbo it’s just cuz he has no clue. It’s a rattle non the less and I don’t know if it’s normal or not.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
That’s my thoughts too. Hubby thought turbo and ya no! It’s kind of a rattle sound that I only hear when accelerating from a stop of slow speeds like under 20. It’s internal not like something’s rattling in my door pocket or anything.
Good morning- I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored