Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Trying to decide which to order… I did order the XLT with the luxury package, BUT I like the interior of the Lariat more. Money is a object so want to keep the cost down.
26103.00 for the XLT 27000 for basic LariT
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
Trying to decide which to order… I did order the XLT with the luxury package, BUT I like the interior of the Lariat more. Money is a object so want to keep the cost down.
26103.00 for the XLT 27000 for basic LariT
The main difference.
No Dual HVAC.
Power rear glass
LED DRL
Rear USB
Push button start
On the XLT LUX

OR

No heated wheel
BLIS
Lane keep.
400w outlet
On base Lariat

so just pick what options mean more to you

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
I was in a similar boat. If I went Lariat I would have wanted lux package and 360. But the ~$4-5k difference to get pleather seats and adaptive cruise control wasn't worth it to me. So I went xlt with lux.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was in a similar boat. If I went Lariat I would have wanted lux package and 360. But the ~$4-5k difference to get pleather seats and adaptive cruise control wasn't worth it to me. So I went xlt with lux.
Good point! Wha color did you go with?

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
XLT.....Tho, I don't like the color scheme in the XLT it's better then Vinyl seats in the Lariat

Sponsored

WhoAmI2021

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6S Wagon, E250, Kia Soul
I was originally going XLT with Lux package but I am concerned that the light color on the XLT seats is going to get dirty quickly and drive me crazy, so I went Lariat w/o lux for the darker seats.

Jcj280

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I also debated this for a while, and I went with an XLT Luxury for a few reasons. Firstly I just dig the interior of the XLT more. I like that it has durable cloth seats and has weird orange highlights everywhere. It looks distinct and embraces the general inexpensive/basic design. Plus you get the luxury features you'd actually want as a daily driver mostly covered with the XLT Lux (heated everything, power driver seat, leather wrapped steering wheel, remote start). Also since it's cheaper I'm kind of more okay with using it as a truck and just throwing shit around in it and maybe not caring too much about spilling something?

With a Lariat plus the lux trim, you're looking at around $32.5k, which is a full five grand more than my XLT with a lux package and a bunch of nice add-ons (Paint protector, bed extender, manual sliding rear window, splash guards). The seats and interior look nice, but the seats are pleather and at the end of the day they're just adding brown to class up the interior of the cheapest car they make. At the price of a Lariat, that stuff tends to stick out way more. Adaptive cruise control is nice, a wider array of driver assist features is also nice, but is that $5,000 worth of nice? There's a car reviewer on Youtube I really like named SavageGeese, and he has reviewed a slew of new Fords with the B&O sound system, and he does real sound tests with an engineer and believes them to be absolutely awful and not worth the upgrade at all. That was a big check against the upgrade for me. The fact that a modestly upgraded stereo means you have to get the fully loaded tippy top trim is also rather dumb, especially since they're targeting young buyers. Should at least be an option to buy for XLT.

The biggest reason however for me was that at the end of the day, the greatest appeal of the Maverick is that it's cheap. At $27.5K I'm right at the same price as a somewhat tricked out mid trim Civic. I just landed my first "real" job that's very stable where I'm making decent money, and I was looking to spend around $25k. The other vehicle I was considering over the Maverick was a Mazda3 AWD hatchback which I test drove and enjoyed driving, but the visibility was absolutely dreadful and the trim level I wanted was over $29,000. So for less money, I get a more fuel efficient, more practical, easier to drive, better equipped truck.

This thing is an economy car at it's core, and economy cars shouldn't cost over $30,000.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I also debated this for a while, and I went with an XLT Luxury for a few reasons. Firstly I just dig the interior of the XLT more. I like that it has durable cloth seats and has weird orange highlights everywhere. It looks distinct and embraces the general inexpensive/basic design. Plus you get the luxury features you'd actually want as a daily driver mostly covered with the XLT Lux (heated everything, power driver seat, leather wrapped steering wheel, remote start). Also since it's cheaper I'm kind of more okay with using it as a truck and just throwing shit around in it and maybe not caring too much about spilling something?

With a Lariat plus the lux trim, you're looking at around $32.5k, which is a full five grand more than my XLT with a lux package and a bunch of nice add-ons (Paint protector, bed extender, manual sliding rear window, splash guards). The seats and interior look nice, but the seats are pleather and at the end of the day they're just adding brown to class up the interior of the cheapest car they make. At the price of a Lariat, that stuff tends to stick out way more. Adaptive cruise control is nice, a wider array of driver assist features is also nice, but is that $5,000 worth of nice? There's a car reviewer on Youtube I really like named SavageGeese, and he has reviewed a slew of new Fords with the B&O sound system, and he does real sound tests with an engineer and believes them to be absolutely awful and not worth the upgrade at all. That was a big check against the upgrade for me. The fact that a modestly upgraded stereo means you have to get the fully loaded tippy top trim is also rather dumb, especially since they're targeting young buyers. Should at least be an option to buy for XLT.

The biggest reason however for me was that at the end of the day, the greatest appeal of the Maverick is that it's cheap. At $27.5K I'm right at the same price as a somewhat tricked out mid trim Civic. I just landed my first "real" job that's very stable where I'm making decent money, and I was looking to spend around $25k. The other vehicle I was considering over the Maverick was a Mazda3 AWD hatchback which I test drove and enjoyed driving, but the visibility was absolutely dreadful and the trim level I wanted was over $29,000. So for less money, I get a more fuel efficient, more practical, easier to drive, better equipped truck.

This thing is an economy car at it's core, and economy cars shouldn't cost over $30,000.
Very good assessment. I kinda the opposite of you and probably not the demographic Ford was looking at. In my 60’s retired, will probably be the last truck I’ll have. I wanted a hybrid but also be able to throw my boat in the back.

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
Very good assessment. I kinda the opposite of you and probably not the demographic Ford was looking at. In my 60’s retired, will probably be the last truck I’ll have. I wanted a hybrid but also be able to throw my boat in the back.
I was originally going XLT with Lux package but I am concerned that the light color on the XLT seats is going to get dirty quickly and drive me crazy, so I went Lariat w/o lux for the darker seats.
I love the look of the XLT interior and also had concerns over the light sections on the seats. My plan is to scotchgaurd them every six months. The sweet spot of the Maverick is the price and MPG of the hybrid. Once you get to Lariat or all wheel drive or 2.0 eco boost it seems like the sweet spot is starting to vanish for me. But I live in LA what do I know. 😁

Last edited:

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to order the XLT Hybrid with the luxury package in Iconic silver until I seen the rapid red First Edition video from the Chicago Auto Show.

After much debate I went with the First Edition 2.0 EB AWD, 4K Towing in Carbonized Grey. It’s going to be a great color combination with the brown Lariat interior. I really love the touches that the First Edition add.

I plan on keeping it for many years long after it’s paid off. The EB will give me more ability for towing and off road activities. It will be a much better truck in gas verses my current 2006 F150 with the 5.4 Triton motor.

It will get me thru til’ electric vehicles are the norm and the charging infrastructure is plentiful.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
So for less money, I get a more fuel efficient, more practical, easier to drive, better equipped truck.

This thing is an economy car at it's core
That's my thought as well. The Maverick is going to give sedans in the same price range a run for their money. The XLT Lux is the sweet spot in terms of features for the money, unless anything in the Lariat is do-or-die. Dual zone climate being one.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My thought process went this way: At most, its "Subdivision Cowboy" use for me. Runabout, small hardware store trips for mulch and such, and so forth. I don't need a massive rig. I won't be towing much, and thanks to a horse walking on an ankle of mine and mild arthritis, cruise is a necessity. With how that determined interior color and how I think colors pair together, I ended up with a First Edition Rapid Red Hybrid. It will do everything I need, looks decent, and meets my needs 100%.

The only thing I would like to be different? Offer Cyber Orange in the First Edition trim, or better yet.. a "Digital Sour Apple" color. Yeah, it would be ugly, but cool at the same time. :)

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
The easiest argument I made was comparing the features I have in my current Grand Cherokee daily driver and which of those features I’m not willing to give up. All of those are in the Lariat, and a few features I miss (BLIS, ACC, etc.) from a previous top trim Ford Edge are features I’d like to have, as well. Money’s not (really) an issue, so basically, a Lariat Lux 2.0 AWD EcoBoost right below a First Edition is where I landed.

Plus, the thought of seat warmers in cloth weirds me out. 😂😅

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in an odd position, in that the Lariat has one great feature that messes things up for me: push button start. You cannot lock the car with the key for in it. I want to be able to leave the keys locked in when at the beach and such and will use the keypad to get back in. The only reason I'm going for the lux pkg I'd because of the backseat plugs. Otherwise, I'd add on the bed liner add cab inverter separately and keep both rear cubbies.
Sponsored