Sponsored

Trying to decide: XLT vs Lariat Maverick

HarrisonFordMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
I may have just decided on Lariat FX4 4k tow non Lux over an XLT FX4 4k tow non Lux for 2 reasons. 1) Dual Zone HVAC has always been a dream feature for me. I run hot and wife runs cool. 2) 6 way manual adjustable passenger seat with height adjustment. Wife has always wanted this feature since seat height adjustment became a thing about a decade back. Pluses for the Lariat over the XLT are keeping the black painted wheels WHILE being able to order the 235/65/17 Falken tires at no additional charge, the power sliding rear window, and the Active X seating. It's a lot of added features for just about $3k over the XLT I had previously specced out. I plan on this being the last gas powered vehicle I purchase so I want it loaded how I want it while the infrastructure for electric vehicles catches up.
Sponsored

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The easiest argument I made was comparing the features I have in my current Grand Cherokee daily driver and which of those features I’m not willing to give up. All of those are in the Lariat, and a few features I miss (BLIS, ACC, etc.) from a previous top trim Ford Edge are features I’d like to have, as well. Money’s not (really) an issue, so basically, a Lariat Lux 2.0 AWD EcoBoost right below a First Edition is where I landed.

Plus, the thought of seat warmers in cloth weirds me out. 😂😅
I have seat warmers in my 2006 Subaru and 2015 F150, both with cloth seats and both work fine. Nothing weird about it.

On the Maverick I'm going Lariat, somewhat because I actually like the look of the "leather" seats. (More concerned about the light color portions of the XLT seats, would have likely gone for XL's color scheme if available.)

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in an odd position, in that the Lariat has one great feature that messes things up for me: push button start. You cannot lock the car with the key for in it. I want to be able to leave the keys locked in when at the beach and such and will use the keypad to get back in. The only reason I'm going for the lux pkg I'd because of the backseat plugs. Otherwise, I'd add on the bed liner add cab inverter separately and keep both rear cubbies.
You bring up an interesting observation. One of the things I like most about my current F150 keypad access is the ability to leave the keys in the truck, lock it, and go. I use this when I ski or do some other activity where it is possible to lose the key (which is a very bad thing when it occurs). It sounds like the Lariat will prevent me from leaving the fob there?

Jojo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It sounds like the Lariat will prevent me from leaving the fob there?
Both Bronco Sport and CRVs with push button starts and the magic door touch unlocking won't keep the doors locked with the key for in the cab.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both Bronco Sport and CRVs with push button starts and the magic door touch unlocking won't keep the doors locked with the key for in the cab.
Wonder if you can lock the keys inside on the XLT because it doesn’t use the proximity key.

giddyup

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wonder if you can lock the keys inside on the XLT because it doesn’t use the proximity key.
I believe it's possible, as long as the key is not in the ignition.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I'm in an odd position, in that the Lariat has one great feature that messes things up for me: push button start. You cannot lock the car with the key for in it. I want to be able to leave the keys locked in when at the beach and such and will use the keypad to get back in. The only reason I'm going for the lux pkg I'd because of the backseat plugs. Otherwise, I'd add on the bed liner add cab inverter separately and keep both rear cubbies.
You bring up an interesting observation. One of the things I like most about my current F150 keypad access is the ability to leave the keys in the truck, lock it, and go. I use this when I ski or do some other activity where it is possible to lose the key (which is a very bad thing when it occurs). It sounds like the Lariat will prevent me from leaving the fob there?
I must be missing something here, I thought the Lariat and XLT both came standard with the Securicode keypad? If so, this shouldn't be a problem unless functionality has been reduced the last few years. My last two Escapes have had push button start, proximity/magic keys and a keypad. If I use a code on the keypad to lock the doors, I can lock my keys in the car. I VERY rarely use it (beach and concerts) but it is handy when you need it.

Has that ability been taken away?

AltoBlueberry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Initially I was convinced that the XLT-Lux was the best value for me until I sat down and mapped out every single difference between XLT and Lariat. More specifically, I started with the features that are in the Lariat that you cannot obtain in an XLT. Ultimately, I went with the non-Lux Lariat, mostly for the intelligent access, push-button start, one touch windows, Active-X seating. Those are all features that I have in my Escape that I really appreciate and utilize. None of those features are available in the XLT, even with Luxury added. The ambient lighting, signature exterior lighting, larger productivity screen, acoustic lami windshield, dual zone climate control, power sliding rear window were all added perks to go with the Lariat as well.
THIS ☝

Reactions: JJC

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The easiest argument I made was comparing the features I have in my current Grand Cherokee daily driver and which of those features I’m not willing to give up. All of those are in the Lariat, and a few features I miss (BLIS, ACC, etc.) from a previous top trim Ford Edge are features I’d like to have, as well. Money’s not (really) an issue, so basically, a Lariat Lux 2.0 AWD EcoBoost right below a First Edition is where I landed.

Plus, the thought of seat warmers in cloth weirds me out. 😂😅
I also went with a Lariat AWD lux with copilot 360. My wife’s 21 explorer limited spoiled me that adaptive cruise control and reverse sensing system has saved me several times when idiots pull out in front of me and reverse sensing is great when backing out in crowded parking lots
Sponsored