Sponsored

Truck delivered to dealership. Should I start the Ford Financing application now or wait?

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truck has been delivered but still waiting on the dealer to contact me. Should I start the application with Ford or wait until the finance geek to call me?
Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call them, just so they don't accidentally "SOLD" your truck to someone else and get confirmation from the dealer. You should start your finance apps with 3rd parties now, and you can deal with the Ford finance app when you are at the dealer, when closing the deal. Compare finance options(best 3rd party vs Ford) and use whichever is best for you.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Truck has been delivered but still waiting on the dealer to contact me. Should I start the application with Ford or wait until the finance geek to call me?
Go over there and get in their face. The sooner the better.

Jerseysteve68

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer says that Ford financing isn't giving the best rates right now. So I would wait.

OP
OP
Maverick2023

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i'm looking to get the rate that was offered last year which is 0% for 36 months when I ordered the Maverick and not the current rate.

Sponsored

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call them, just so they don't accidentally "SOLD" your truck to someone else and get confirmation from the dealer. You should start your finance apps with 3rd parties now, and you can deal with the Ford finance app when you are at the dealer, when closing the deal. Compare finance options(best 3rd party vs Ford) and use whichever is best for you.
Starting other applications will probably lower your credit score so I wouldn't do it.

bautek_mn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX Sport Wagon, Future Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Starting other applications will probably lower your credit score so I wouldn't do it.
Any auto finance requests within 30 days get lumped together into one hit on your credit. If you have decent credit history it probably won't be more than 5-10 points.

Definitely hit up the local credit unions, Capital One auto finance, etc. If you walk into the dealership with pre-approvals you have the advantage, otherwise they're going to do their best to rake you over the coals because they get higher back-end bounties the higher your interest rate is.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer says that Ford financing isn't giving the best rates right now. So I would wait.
Of course they'll say that.

And, normally, Ford Credit rates aren't the best.

That said, many people ordered when they had promo rates available (as low as 0% for 36 months, 0.9%/48, 1.9%/60, etc. Even though the promo ended, it's locked in alongside your order, if it was valid when you ordered.

Otherwise, a credit union is generally your best bet.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i'm looking to get the rate that was offered last year which is 0% for 36 months when I ordered the Maverick and not the current rate.
I applied when the sales person phoned me it had arrived. When the LM finance person called to go over the numbers I had him look up my $750 CPO and 0/36 in the Smart VINCENT. I told him how much I was putting down and what to finance. We did the paperwork electronically via Route One software. The process gave each party time to do things right and without an in office pressure atmosphere.

JamesC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I applied when the sales person phoned me it had arrived. When the LM finance person called to go over the numbers I had him look up my $750 CPO and 0/36 in the Smart VINCENT. I told him how much I was putting down and what to finance. We did the paperwork electronically via Route One software. The process gave each party time to do things right and without an in office pressure atmosphere.
You got the $750 & 0/36? I thought it was one or the other only.

Sponsored

ATL_Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki zx6r, bmw 328is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hmmm, my dealership just received a truck load of mavericks and bronco sports. Maybe one of them is yours.

ATL_Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki zx6r, bmw 328is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Angela Krause

ATL_Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki zx6r, bmw 328is
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dang, well good luck, hopefully you can pick it up soon.
Sponsored