First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered an XLT in September 2022 . Been getting usual emails from Ford, I even called their CS but they couldn’t do anything except note I called. My dealer I think would just as soon not have me call him. I have no money invested but I seriously need a truck by August/ September. Do I wait or start looking at used Rangers when I can find them. There are no Mavericks to be found that aren’t $5000 over msrp. I’m really getting frustrated.
Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think providing your dealer has allocations, you should get it this year as all EB's are expected to be built. Your dealer allocation probably has more to do with when it will be. Sounds like they hope you give up, so they can make a hefty profit.

SleepySin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear that Ford is expanding production by double this year so that should be relieving some of the bottlenecking. I ordered my Lariat in September and just took mine home last week. Don’t give up! 🤗

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is just about too late now if you haven't been scheduled yet. Scheduling for July was made last month and August should be made this week. So even if it gets scheduled sometime in August and built it will take 4 to 6 weeks on average to get shipped to your dealer. They will be scheduling for builds in September and October later before switching over to MY24 builds.

Blueskies

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered an XLT in September 2022 . Been getting usual emails from Ford, I even called their CS but they couldn’t do anything except note I called. My dealer I think would just as soon not have me call him. I have no money invested but I seriously need a truck by August/ September. Do I wait or start looking at used Rangers when I can find them. There are no Mavericks to be found that aren’t $5000 over msrp. I’m really getting frustrated.
I am selling my 22 Cactus grey xlt awd in July. I have a Lariat scheduled to be built in July. 5k miles.. Also has a the 4k towing package’.

Sponsored

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Keep your order open, buy something that you can sell without taking a "beating" a ranger should be a good choice. When the Mav gets delivered and in your possession, flip one of them

NMNewf1984

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I ordered my Maverick XLT Hybrid in October 2021 and took delivery of it February 2023, like you I had no money invested and had a special order (spray in box liner and trailer hitch) which added its own set of delays.
When I got my truck it was perfect, and because of the long wait I had a special offer from Ford (Corporate offer) of about $3,000 off the MSRP. The dealership also, in a shocking move, did NOT charge the extra $5,000 to $7,000 above MSRP like the majority of the country. With the discount we were still able to negotiate the price a little bit further, and we drove it home with 18 miles on it. All of that to say, in my opinion, wait because it will be worth it.

You know your situation best, what you decide is ultimately up to you.

Good luck.

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

I waited until it came. Don't pay mark ups. Get exactly what you wanted. It's well worth the wait. I waited one year for my Hybrid XL and seven months for my XLT Tremor.

FordHybrid

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

We got our XLT Hybrid 8 days short of a full year wait on the order. Our thought is that it was worth the wait.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Buckeyeguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear that Ford is expanding production by double this year so that should be relieving some of the bottlenecking. I ordered my Lariat in September and just took mine home last week. Don’t give up! 🤗
Thanks for the encouragement. I finally got a production date and vin number. It’ll be almost a year to date when I get it.

tdonch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester (current toad)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the encouragement. I finally got a production date and vin number. It’ll be almost a year to date when I get it.
Feel blessed you won the lottery. It will be almost a full 21 month wait when ours arrives in July.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took 14.5 months and a switch from a ‘22 to a ‘23 before mine arrived. Love it 😎
Sponsored