First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today, in a car wash, truck was in neutral and it moved into reverse on its own-twice. So it went from neutral to reverse to neural twice. What is the cause of this?
Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Today, in a car wash, truck was in neutral and it moved into reverse on its own-twice. So it went from neutral to reverse to neural twice. What is the cause of this?
You're supposed to press the L button on the dial shifter to hold it in Neutral, for car washes, etc. It will hold it in N for 30 minutes. Did you do that?

The instrument cluster should have a pop-up that tells you this when you put it in N.

OP
OP

Blcaldwell09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No--it didn't. Just tested that and the module says "to stay in neutral when exiting the vehicle select the L button".

OP
OP

Blcaldwell09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The manual says as to temporary neutral mode--the vehicle COULD shift to PARK after 30 minutes.

Sponsored

jmatchco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BMW X3 M40i, 07 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're supposed to press the L button on the dial shifter to hold it in Neutral, for car washes, etc. It will hold it in N for 30 minutes. Did you do that?

The instrument cluster should have a pop-up that tells you this when you put it in N.
The L option is if you leave the car (open a door) and need it to be in Neutral (not Park). I've never had it change out of Neutral on its own if I'm in the car.

OP
OP

Blcaldwell09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I stopped for coffee on my way to dealership...in drive, the gear automatically switch to neutral without me touching it. In fact, I hadn't noticed it but did hear some odd noise coming from hood..once I moved foot from brake to accelerator is when I realized it was in neutral.

OP
OP

Blcaldwell09

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today I stopped for coffee on my way to dealership...in drive, the gear automatically switch to neutral without me touching it. In fact, I hadn't noticed it but did hear some odd noise coming from hood..once I moved foot from brake to accelerator is when I realized it was in neutral.
After being at the dealership for 5 days, they cannot find any computer codes to explain this behavior. This being the 2nd time the truck has gone into neutral from drive and it also went into reverse on its own twice...I sure hope it doesn't happen again where somebody gets hurt or worse. I love my truck but now I'm scared of it.
Sponsored