Sponsored

Tremor tow time. Whatcha think?

OP
OP
Cherokee

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
66
Messages
4,671
Reaction score
9,285
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ScottyC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
915
Reaction score
2,050
Location
Central NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick AWD hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No one gets a do over in life. I don’t sit around watching television.
It’s better to burn out than fade away.

I’m like a dog chasing a car, wouldn’t know what to do with it if I caught it.
:’P
Ford Maverick Tremor tow time. Whatcha think? 1789388359894-ag
 

BigClydeLittleTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Clyde
Joined
May 28, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
266
Reaction score
722
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
It’s been ten years since I’ve seen Wesley Chapel.
Back in the day where that mall is we used to pick shrooms, the get high kind.

Years later I drilled water wells out there. 1-3 acre lots each with a single wide trailer.

Hippies growing weed in the bay heads.
That little airport was handy.

Did a lot of quail hunting around there.
Yeah even 10 years has made a huge difference in how busy it's gotten out here. The development stalled for a bit after 2008 but it's going like gangbusters now. :frown:
 

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Cal
Joined
Oct 13, 2021
Threads
27
Messages
6,243
Reaction score
12,360
Location
Ohio...but I'd rather be in Boone.
Vehicle(s)
2025 Hybrid AWD Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really? Bigger tires, much heavier active diff, bigger halfshafts even.
The half shafts aren't bigger - they are different design.

Bigger tires do not affect payload.

I'm not sure what an active diff is but the PTU and RDU weight increase are negligible and would not impact payload or towing capacity.
 
OP
OP
Cherokee

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
66
Messages
4,671
Reaction score
9,285
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dressed up like that for a Halloween party,
Nurses dress, face paint, had the long hair at the time. I practiced lines.
Made my own fake detonator.
I was a BMF
 

Mavtremor24

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Tony
Joined
Jan 16, 2024
Threads
28
Messages
454
Reaction score
700
Location
Ohio
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick tremor 2024 space ford explorer timberline 2000 black svt contour
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Ford Maverick Tremor tow time. Whatcha think? 20260427_185313
Ford Maverick Tremor tow time. Whatcha think? 20260308_120452

Top picture was a short trip. About a hundred miles total pulled great seventy five miles, got about sixteen miles to the gallon.. Bottom one was in 1800 mile round-trip. No trailer on the way there loaded trailer with the car on the way back, got about twelve miles per gallon at seventy five mph
 

Britch

2.0L EcoBoost
Active member
First Name
Alan
Joined
Nov 11, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
32
Reaction score
43
Location
Hanover, Pa
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Rated 2,000 # tow like every other Maverick without the 4K package. Tremors have the better cooling toys already for slow off road work so I’m good.
Total loaded trailer is only about 1300 pounds but I’ll likely shoot for 200 pounds on the hitch

10-11% tongue weight is only 130-150. I think closer to 200 would be wise, since I am an inch higher and tuned for more articulation by just a tad.

Who knows ?
In Tow/Haul mode pulling 2300-2500 rpm at 70 mph in 7th gear the Turbo will be in its sweet spot. For no particular reason I may see 18 mpg.
And it may pull hard enough to settle into 8th gear at 70.
Matters little because I can help the engine with my paddle shifters.

I expect this Tremor to pull this little trailer like a freight train.
 
 







Top