Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I loaded up my August recycling run on Tuesday. $222.60 worth of cans, bottles, plastic, and a bit of cardboard. The Trailer is rated around 1800 lbs and weighs around 500lb. Probably only had 500lbs on it but it towed it like it wasn't there. Even shook it around less than my 96 Bronco. Temp gauge never budged either. Even averaged 21 mpg hauling it around all day.

By the way that money along with $800 we raise went to a couple nursing school students who my sister in law knows that lost their homes in the Lahaina fire. If anyone else would like to help out please find a reliable source to donate to. About 1900 homes were lost, 1000 folks are still unaccounted for, 111 people lost. About half of the displaced people are in tents, temporary shelter, or bunking wherever they can find shade. About 3000 pets are missing and many found dead and more injured. It's as tragic as it gets for about 12,000 people that mostly spent their lives serving to make the dream vacations a reality of America and the world. I'm sure many of you live in towns around that size. It's like a tornado fire just took it all. Zero infrastructure left in affected areas.

Ford Maverick Who says a Maverick Tremor can't tow?! IMG_20230815_124422_985
Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My heart goes out to all in Maui. God bless you all. I hope an pray y'all get the help and assistance that you need. Keep the Faith.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I loaded up my August recycling run on Tuesday. $222.60 worth of cans, bottles, plastic, and a bit of cardboard. The Trailer is rated around 1800 lbs and weighs around 500lb. Probably only had 500lbs on it but it towed it like it wasn't there. Even shook it around less than my 96 Bronco. Temp gauge never budged either. Even averaged 21 mpg hauling it around all day.

By the way that money along with $800 we raise went to a couple nursing school students who my sister in law knows that lost their homes in the Lahaina fire. If anyone else would like to help out please find a reliable source to donate to. About 1900 homes were lost, 1000 folks are still unaccounted for, 111 people lost. About half of the displaced people are in tents, temporary shelter, or bunking wherever they can find shade. About 3000 pets are missing and many found dead and more injured. It's as tragic as it gets for about 12,000 people that mostly spent their lives serving to make the dream vacations a reality of America and the world. I'm sure many of you live in towns around that size. It's like a tornado fire just took it all. Zero infrastructure left in affected areas.

IMG_20230815_124422_985.jpg
That fire was 20 miles straight west on the other side of that mountain in the background.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_20230815_124422_985.jpg
So sad to see, and sobering to hear the numbers. My wife and I were just there last January.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So sad to see, and sobering to hear the numbers. My wife and I were just there last January.
I live and work on the other side near Twin Falls. I hope you had a good time. Our business is still operating but at a loss until tourism returns(delicately). It is very similar to the pandemic shutdown now except you can move about. However 80% of the islands total income shut down overnight while at the same time everyone is giving everything they can extra to help those with nothing left.

If anyone had plans to travel here or is thinking about it in the near future. Please do come we need you're business, but do not seek accomodations on the west side. Look at Kihei, Makena, Sugar Beach, Kahului, Wailuku, Paia, and maybe Haiku and Makawao. There is small hotels, vacation rentals, and hostels. Please just be respectful, alot of people are mourning and a lot more are frustrated. If you are the type to volunteer and travel, there is work to be done.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live and work on the other side near Twin Falls. I hope you had a good time. Our business is still operating but at a loss until tourism returns(delicately). It is very similar to the pandemic shutdown now except you can move about. However 80% of the islands total income shut down overnight while at the same time everyone is giving everything they can extra to help those with nothing left.

If anyone had plans to travel here or is thinking about it in the near future. Please do come we need you're business, but do not seek accomodations on the west side. Look at Kihei, Makena, Sugar Beach, Kahului, Wailuku, Paia, and maybe Haiku and Makawao. There is small hotels, vacation rentals, and hostels. Please just be respectful, alot of people are mourning and a lot more are frustrated. If you are the type to volunteer and travel, there is work to be done.
We loved it. We were going to come in 2020, but covid killed that. We had 2 years to use our tickets, so we re-booked for January 2022. We previously went to Oahu, and decided to try Maui. We stayed in Kihei. I told my wife if we ever hit the lotto, we are moving to Hawaii. Truly awesome place, with great people. No regrets at all going there.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

We loved it. We were going to come in 2020, but covid killed that. We had 2 years to use our tickets, so we re-booked for January 2022. We previously went to Oahu, and decided to try Maui. We stayed in Kihei. I told my wife if we ever hit the lotto, we are moving to Hawaii. Truly awesome place, with great people. No regrets at all going there.
Its a really great place to live and just like everywhere else it has its risks. But its very much worth it to us. Thankyou for supporting our island. Mahalo.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truly devastating. Unfortunately, after the Breaking News coverage dies down we tend to forget the real stories of the difficulties people face in trying to rebuild their lives. While I had a taste of it when our home caught fire, it now seems trivial in comparison. You and your Maverick are not merely towing, you are helping people return to a bit of normalcy. They will never forget the fire . . . nor will they forget your kindness.

OP
OP
Maverickman74

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Truly devastating. Unfortunately, after the Breaking News coverage dies down we tend to forget the real stories of the difficulties people face in trying to rebuild their lives. While I had a taste of it when our home caught fire, it now seems trivial in comparison. You and your Maverick are not merely towing, you are helping people return to a bit of normalcy. They will never forget the fire . . . nor will they forget your kindness.
At this point we are really just hoping tourism comes back to a manageable level so we can continue to rebuild. Even if government and insurance pays for the buildings. People have to live to reside in them. People are starting to get some normalcy as we try to reconcile with the +850 missing and the 114 deaths. Just hoping that somehow those numbers meet in far less than the middle.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad