First Name
UtahMavericks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux 2.0 EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do y'all think the Tremor will perform in snowy situations? Looking forward to having an AWD vehicle with good tires for snowy winters in Utah and Colorado, putting it to the test with a lot of trips up mountain canyons in blizzards to hit the ski slopes. Do you think the Tremor, with the extra clearance, twin rear clutch, electronically locking rear diff, updated drive modes, etc. would provide any meaningful advantage over a maverick without the Tremor, but with Falken Wildpeaks, 4K tow, and FX4?
Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not much of any difference I suspect, definitely not enough to lose the 4k towing in my mind. Biggest difference once you have AWD/4WD comes from having actual snow tires. Now if you are talking about 10+ inches of snow, I could see the lift and locking dif being handy.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I look at Falken Wildpeaks as not the best rubber for winter, but arguably the best 3PMSF out there. I use them as I have an aversion to bringing my vehicles to the tire place twice a year to have summers and winter rotated. The way those tire cowboys bang around the rims on that tire machine makes me cringe. Of course up here no specialty tire places that cater to fussy people like me. :LOL:

I would think the Tremor would be a step above the FX/4 in winter performance just as it would be off road. I like that 4x4 locker switch. Personally, I feel the Tremor package is worth every cent if one does not tow like me.

OP
OP

Gardnetm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
UtahMavericks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Lux 2.0 EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I look at Falken Wildpeaks as not the best rubber for winter, but arguably the best 3PMSF out there. I use them as I have an aversion to bringing my vehicles to the tire place twice a year to have summers and winter rotated. The way those tire cowboys bang around the rims on that tire machine makes me cringe. Of course up here no specialty tire places that cater to fussy people like me. :LOL:

I would think the Tremor would be a step above the FX/4 in winter performance just as it would be off road. I like that 4x4 locker switch. Personally, I feel the Tremor package is worth every cent if one does not tow like me.
Good point to include that I'm also not really needing the tow package for towing. Was interested in it for the Falkens, the upgraded gear ratio, and improved cooling.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not much of any difference I suspect, definitely not enough to lose the 4k towing in my mind. Biggest difference once you have AWD/4WD comes from having actual snow tires. Now if you are talking about 10+ inches of snow, I could see the lift and locking dif being handy.
Up here we measure snowfall in feet. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good point to include that I'm also not really needing the tow package for towing. Was interested in it for the Falkens, the upgraded gear ratio, and improved cooling.
Im thinking that the gear ratio is upgraded in the Tremor aswell since its the same as 4k in the Badlands BS.

Other than thatm, there is that Daniel Delivers guy on youtube who got his FX4 stuck in snow. I would imagine that extra clearance and traction would have potentially gotten him farther. I feel that extra traction in snow is the main key aswell as wheelspeed. If the gearing is infact better it will be easier to keep the tires spinning to claw at the ice more.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How do y'all think the Tremor will perform in snowy situations? Looking forward to having an AWD vehicle with good tires for snowy winters in Utah and Colorado, putting it to the test with a lot of trips up mountain canyons in blizzards to hit the ski slopes. Do you think the Tremor, with the extra clearance, twin rear clutch, electronically locking rear diff, updated drive modes, etc. would provide any meaningful advantage over a maverick without the Tremor, but with Falken Wildpeaks, 4K tow, and FX4?
It will depend how really more so on terrain like how rutted a trail is for the Tremor to be a better option. As far a regular but slippery conditions and deep snow, your tires are going to be the more important in my opinion. I am just not sure if going with a good set of A/T tires or a rotation of winter and summer tires would do better.

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im thinking that the gear ratio is upgraded in the Tremor aswell since its the same as 4k in the Badlands BS.

Other than thatm, there is that Daniel Delivers guy on youtube who got his FX4 stuck in snow. I would imagine that extra clearance and traction would have potentially gotten him farther. I feel that extra traction in snow is the main key aswell as wheelspeed. If the gearing is infact better it will be easier to keep the tires spinning to claw at the ice more.
It is not according to the 2023 spec sheet. It is still 3.63 standard for the ecoboost 2.0L that includes all packages and trims except for 4K tow which changes the gear ratio to 3.81.

Attachments

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I remember that video , was he running the wildpeaks or scorpions I don't recall ?

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It is not according to the 2023 spec sheet. It is still 3.63 standard for the ecoboost 2.0L that includes all packages and trims except for 4K tow which changes the gear ratio to 3.81.
Im hoping that is a error of some sort. They do that sometimes, especially with dates :ROFLMAO:. It seems funny that they wouldnt run the Badlands gears on a bigger tired package. Unless they needed it for MPGs.:( MPGs makes me sad. Anything out of the teens is plenty.

I remember that video , was he running the wildpeaks or scorpions I don't recall ?
He had KO2s on it. As much as people think they are so badass, they arent much different than the Wildpeaks.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im hoping that is a error of some sort. They do that sometimes, especially with dates :ROFLMAO:. It seems funny that they wouldnt run the Badlands gears on a bigger tired package. Unless they needed it for MPGs.:( MPGs makes me sad. Anything out of the teens is plenty.

He had KO2s on it. As much as people think they are so badass, they arent much different than the Wildpeaks.
K02s suck in snow imo. Had them on a f350 and anything over 1" I'd have to put it in 4x4. Also terrible in the rain.

I think in that video he also was close to high siding on a bank. He was essentially testing the limits of it.

As far as the Tremor being more capable In the snow.....doubt it. Especially to trade off not having 4k tow. Needing a locker in snow is already a place that the maverick shouldn't have been in the first place most likely.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

K02s suck in snow imo. Had them on a f350 and anything over 1" I'd have to put it in 4x4. Also terrible in the rain.

I think in that video he also was close to high siding on a bank. He was essentially testing the limits of it.

As far as the Tremor being more capable In the snow.....doubt it. Especially to trade off not having 4k tow. Needing a locker in snow is already a place that the maverick shouldn't have been in the first place most likely.
I really dont like the mentality of "shouldnt have been there in the first place". The exact same thing could be said of space, crossing the Atlantic, norther icebreakers, every climber ever, that first fish like thing that tried breathing air a billion years ago. I have an AMC Eagle, its a long bodies, long wheelbase, unibody, a transfer case that relies on silicone jelly density for propulsion, comes factory 2" higher off the ground than a AMC Pacer, factory 26" tires, and has a wonky limited travel front IFS. But if you put a 2" lift(the limit of its axleshafts without fabrication) on it and "huge" 28" tires it becomes quite unstopable and was well known for its snow abilities in its day. Even so much that is was used in the Rockies as a Ski Patrol vehicle.

Pushing limits is the greatest challenge of the concious mind and should be welcomed and respected. When I get my Maverick I will push its limits, not with the intent of destruction but with years seasoned off road experience mostly down in the river valleys of south west Ohio. I once linked 3 proper(CJ) Jeeps together to pull 2 full size chevys on ATs out of a holler near Xenia, it was a challenge we met that we were told we shouldnt have tried, hell they shouldnt have tried the trail. But at the end of the day everyone drove home and the only casualty was a busted strap that got run over. Another time those same 3 Jeeps crossed a river linked together 1 by 1. Should we have tried no, but we measured, plotted, and succeded in finding a secret spot we never knew existed that was part of a 1800s canal and lock system lang ago abandoned.

You are right KO2s suck, but if I Maverick does make it somewhere, at whatever point it gets to. Thats exactly where it should be.

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really dont like the mentality of "shouldnt have been there in the first place". The exact same thing could be said of space, crossing the Atlantic, norther icebreakers, every climber ever, that first fish like thing that tried breathing air a billion years ago. I have an AMC Eagle, its a long bodies, long wheelbase, unibody, a transfer case that relies on silicone jelly density for propulsion, comes factory 2" higher off the ground than a AMC Pacer, factory 26" tires, and has a wonky limited travel front IFS. But if you put a 2" lift(the limit of its axleshafts without fabrication) on it and "huge" 28" tires it becomes quite unstopable and was well known for its snow abilities in its day. Even so much that is was used in the Rockies as a Ski Patrol vehicle.

Pushing limits is the greatest challenge of the concious mind and should be welcomed and respected. When I get my Maverick I will push its limits, not with the intent of destruction but with years seasoned off road experience mostly down in the river valleys of south west Ohio. I once linked 3 proper(CJ) Jeeps together to pull 2 full size chevys on ATs out of a holler near Xenia, it was a challenge we met that we were told we shouldnt have tried, hell they shouldnt have tried the trail. But at the end of the day everyone drove home and the only casualty was a busted strap that got run over. Another time those same 3 Jeeps crossed a river linked together 1 by 1. Should we have tried no, but we measured, plotted, and succeded in finding a secret spot we never knew existed that was part of a 1800s canal and lock system lang ago abandoned.

You are right KO2s suck, but if I Maverick does make it somewhere, at whatever point it gets to. Thats exactly where it should be.
Thats a real false equivalence comparing driving a maverick through snow, to space exploration and the like. We have the privilege of standing on the shoulders of giants to know that the Maverick is not designed and built for the extremes.

With that said everyone is entitled to do how they please and push the maverick to the limits how they see fit. I just like realistic expectations. Regardless of how hopeful we are. I can't count how many times I've seen burned out full size trucks from people trying to take them through dunes and only to get stuck with no way out but a fraudulent insurance claim. And speaking of ohio I saw a rolled(burned out a month later) F250 at Wellsville I assume due to them thinking their truck was capable of something it's not.

My point is that the Tremor has a upgraded rear end. It's not going to make or break from the FX4 version and I just want people to air on the side of caution before they risk there sweet new vehicle and/or their life.

Between me and you....I looked forward to the first big snow in NE ohio, I'll be out and about seeing how it does for sure. :)
Sponsored