Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Will the reduction in MPG due to increased weight be off set by an increase in MPG due to better aerodynamics? Back in the day with 2 nissan frontier trucks that was my observation. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At 55-65mph I ran a full tank in a Tremor at 30.9mpg with a ARE MX topper. 4550 miles with lots of 90 mph, extreme heat, and 3 offroad days achieved 24.6 mpg average in a Tremor.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the reduction in MPG due to increased weight be off set by an increase in MPG due to better aerodynamics? Back in the day with 2 nissan frontier trucks that was my observation. Any thoughts?
Perhaps there will be more of an offset with the Snugtop, which I think is more aero than the ARE MX. I've noticed a slight decrease in efficiency with the ARE MX on the Hybrid. Not nearly enough to bother about.

The topper has been a game changer for camping and traveling. It has also helped with household trash runs. I put all my trash and recycling with loose paper and cardboard back there, doesn't blow around. Would never have fit under a tonneau. Dump runs cut in half.

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Perhaps there will be more of an offset with the Snugtop, which I think is more aero than the ARE MX. I've noticed a slight decrease in efficiency with the ARE MX on the Hybrid. Not nearly enough to bother about.

The topper has been a game changer for camping and traveling. It has also helped with household trash runs. I put all my trash and recycling with loose paper and cardboard back there, doesn't blow around. Would never have fit under a tonneau. Dump runs cut in half.
Thanks for the info. The initial cost is high but assuming I get my Mav I will go with the Snug.
Sponsored