Snug top leak water?

Midnighthog

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Maverick XLT, 4k, lux, fx4
I wanted to take this on vacation with the family but, so far I hate that the flat covers let water inside. Normally you don't have this issue with normal truck toppers but, they are not unibodies. Does anyone have any idea on water getting inside if we want to put clothes, etc in the back? If it leaks it's obviously not worth the money and I might as well continue my trade for a big bend bronco.
Sponsored

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick

ValenciaOrange

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like your idea. I do think that for $1200.00 the roll up I bought from Ford should not leak.

I have the factory hard tri-fold cover.

I find that most of the leakage actually comes from gaps in the side/top of the tailgate and only really leaks in a downpour or if i take it through the carwash.

I threw a few of these in the back of my bed for anything that is especially sensitive to moisture. You might also try 'dry bags' for camping.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Plastic-10-Gallon-Stacker-Tote-Yellow-Lily-Single/418481151

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I like your idea. I do think that for $1200.00 the roll up I bought from Ford should not leak.
I agree.

To clarify, I don't really think it's the cover that is the source of the leaks. It's the tailgate. At least on mine, there are some gaps and the pressure wash in the carwash gets in there. It snowed the other day though and stayed mostly dry.

djb_rh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
SnugTop doesn’t leak that I’ve found.

Sponsored

Rob Daman

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robdaman.com
Vehicle(s)
Mav
I agree.

To clarify, I don't really think it's the cover that is the source of the leaks. It's the tailgate. At least on mine, there are some gaps and the pressure wash in the carwash gets in there. It snowed the other day though and stayed mostly dry.

I've used this tailgate seal in my old truck and it stopped a lot of dust and water from seeping in big gaps

http://amzn.to/2CcuS7D

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Paid $237 for the Gator Tri-Fold and have not had a drop of water leak into the bed...and Maverick has been thru some heavy rains. But clothing, etc Dry Bags are the plan, other items to protect need a plastic container for further backup waterproofing. Another alternative is an ice chest cooler.

OP
OP
Midnighthog

Midnighthog

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Maverick XLT, 4k, lux, fx4
Paid $237 for the Gator Tri-Fold and have not had a drop of water leak into the bed...and Maverick has been thru some heavy rains. But clothing, etc Dry Bags are the plan, other items to protect need a plastic container for further backup waterproofing. Another alternative is an ice chest cooler.
I've been thinking about a Retrax
Sponsored