First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well after the debacle on here when they gave away a fellow posters order, I was fortunate to report back that I got my delivery there A-OK. That said, I am done with that dealership and won't set foot back on there property. After 5 weeks of ownership while stopped, my windshield popped like a balloon. That's exactly what it sounded like. I immediately had a foot long crack. So I called and scheduled an appointment with Titus-Will Ford Tacoma. Drove out of my way to get there, when they refused to even look at it, and argued with me that Ford would never warranty a windshield. Mind you this is a week later and at this point my foot long crack is now two feet. So I said fine, I'll use my insurance and they still refused to even look at it, telling my I had to get permission from my insurance first. Ummm What? So after they wasted my time I called another Ford Dealer in the area, they looked at it that day, agreed it met the standard to submit for a warranty claim as it appears to be a defect and I am waiting to hear back from Ford. I bought two brand new vehicles at Titus-Will Tacoma Ford this year and they have lost my business for good. I regret that I ever did business with them.
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Man that sucks! Glad you found another dealership that is willing to help. Sounds like they have lost a good customer!

Deleted member 15474

If you don't mind. I live in the Tacoma area. What was the name of the second dealership?

OP
OP
Tbolt

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don't mind. I live in the Tacoma area. What was the name of the second dealership?
Korum Ford in Puyallup. That's actually where I already have my oil changes schedule (taking a 5k mile road trip in August so wanted to get it done before and after). Wanted to buy my wifes car there but they sold it before we closed on our house and didn't have any inventory at the time and we couldn't wait. I would definitely go back to deal with Mike Cook in the future though and the Service side of the house has been extremely professional to deal with.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did you have any dash rattles or pops before the crack?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tbolt

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have any dash rattles or pops before the crack?
YES! The day before driving home, had an annoying rattle I thought was coming from the dash. Couldn't figure it out. Then the next morning, no rattle, didn't think much of it. Went to go grab lunch and on the way back, the rattle came back. A few moments later while stopped, POP, foot long crack. I should mention I also have the Lariat Lux so it's the acoustic glass in case that makes a difference. Well after that, no rattles for 3 or 4 days. Then I get it again but not as loud and sure enough, the crack doubled. So the two sure seem to be related somehow.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

YES! The day before driving home, had an annoying rattle I thought was coming from the dash. Couldn't figure it out. Then the next morning, no rattle, didn't think much of it. Went to go grab lunch and on the way back, the rattle came back. A few moments later while stopped, POP, foot long crack. I should mention I also have the Lariat Lux so it's the acoustic glass in case that makes a difference. Well after that, no rattles for 3 or 4 days. Then I get it again but not as loud and sure enough, the crack doubled. So the two sure seem to be related somehow.
I've been going to the dealer in Bellevue for the same exact issue (minus the crack). I've had pops, squeaks, and rattles. Lariat Lux as well. It's not as bad right now with it being warmer, but noticeable.

After the 4th holiday, will be my 8th visit for the issue since April. Not good.

Have you kept your Maverick mostly onroad or have you done some dirt roads too? Wondering if the unibody is flexing a lot to the point that the bead on the windshield is breaking.

OP
OP
Tbolt

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have yet to go off a paved road with it. There is a pretty beaten up road I sometimes go down. There are some of those road bar things as you leave McChord AFB though. After going over the second one was when I first heard the rattle. But it does bother me if such light duty can cause this sort of issue to pop up. The day it 'popped' was after it had been in the mid 60's having been in direct sunlight all day.

I'll admit some of the shine for this vehicle is wearing off for me. I am already thinking ahead to the 24' Ranger.

It's not that I don't love my maverick, I do. But it seems a little on the chintzy side in places. I've owned so many vehicles in my life and never had to replace a windshield, let alone one that broke like plate glass while idling. At least the rattle is gone...

Reactions: bgn
OP
OP
Tbolt

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw that. The Service Department Manager did what is called the Pin hole test on my windshield crack and took a bunch of pictures to submit for my warranty claim, so just waiting for Ford to respond now. I will be greatly disappointed if they deny this, as there is no obvious reason this should have broken. Isn't that what the warranty is supposed to cover? In fact, it is the driving principle over why we bought two brand new Ford's this year. The time of ownership under cost certainty.

But knowing mine is not the first, I wonder how long until I am dealing with this again. If it is some flaw built into mine that will just eat windshields.

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw that. The Service Department Manager did what is called the Pin hole test on my windshield crack and took a bunch of pictures to submit for my warranty claim, so just waiting for Ford to respond now. I will be greatly disappointed if they deny this, as there is no obvious reason this should have broken. Isn't that what the warranty is supposed to cover? In fact, it is the driving principle over why we bought two brand new Ford's this year. The time of ownership under cost certainty.

But knowing mine is not the first, I wonder how long until I am dealing with this again. If it is some flaw built into mine that will just eat windshields.
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I bought 2 vehicles from Titus back in 2000 a Ranger and then a Focus. Treated me OK then, but salesman was a long time friend. A couple of years later wife and I went to Korum. Sales lady (might have been owners daughter) treated us like poor scum who couldn't afford even a junker. We thanked her and went to Fugate Ford in Enumclaw and bought 2 new vehicles the same night. Been very happy with Fugate and would recommend them. I have my Mav ordered through them as well, more poor scum buying a $40,000 Mav with cash!

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
if you go into the Ford pass app and click on the service icon and then the warranty icon it even specifically states under "bumper to bumper" - " windshields replaced for stress cracks are limited to 12 months/12 thousand mile coverage" so apparently Titus Will Ford is just a terrible dealer all around for them to say Ford would never warranty a windshied.

OP
OP
Tbolt

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes. I bought 2 vehicles from Titus back in 2000 a Ranger and then a Focus. Treated me OK then, but salesman was a long time friend. A couple of years later wife and I went to Korum. Sales lady (might have been owners daughter) treated us like poor scum who couldn't afford even a junker. We thanked her and went to Fugate Ford in Enumclaw and bought 2 new vehicles the same night. Been very happy with Fugate and would recommend them. I have my Mav ordered through them as well, more poor scum buying a $40,000 Mav with cash!
I had a good experience with Kirkland Ford, but they are so far away. The thing is with car salesmen is that they don't tend to stay that long. I had issues with Titus Service Department treating me like scum at the Lakewood location for my F150 about three years ago, and that escalated but I went overseas. Refused to go back to that location but still bought from their group because, frankly, at the time, there was not many options on the dealer lots. I didn't get to pick who would take delivery of my Mav (Ordered while overseas from Military Auto Sales) and they were it.

OP
OP
Tbolt

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Heard back from Korum Ford yesterday. Ford approved my warranty claim on my cracked windshield. The same one Titus-Will refused to look at (with an appointment) and swore Ford would not warranty.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What an awful experience to have with a dealer from whom you already purchased two vehicles! Glad you were able to find a another dealer. Like any other business it all boils down to who is running it. I'm sure you left a crappy review on Yelp or Google. I wonder if Ford execs read those?
Sponsored