Sponsored

Fellow Oregonians - Where will you go on first Road Trip?

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
Ordered my Alto Blue XLT Lux from Kendall Ford here in Eugene. Got order confirmation from Ford on Aug 2nd. Pretty safe bet it won't be here until 2022.
Plenty of time to plan my first road trip. Thinking about heading down to Ashland, my hometown. Lots of mountain passes to test its umph.
Sponsored

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my Alto Blue XLT Lux from Kendall Ford here in Eugene. Got order confirmation from Ford on Aug 2nd. Pretty safe bet it won't be here until 2022.
Plenty of time to plan my first road trip. Thinking about heading down to Ashland, my hometown. Lots of mountain passes to test its umph.
We have reservations at the Grand Canyon for my wife's birthday the second week of February. If I get it in time, that's it. It's an easy days drive from our house in the mountains east of Albuquerque. No real mountain passes, but lots of flat desert interstate driving, a gradual climb to Flaggstaff, then some two-lane through rolling hills from there to the South Rim. (Would be so cool!)

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I keep wanting to drive Lolo Pass, but was weary of doing in with All Season tires on our Alltrack.

OP
OP
Catlady6

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
I keep wanting to drive Lolo Pass, but was weary of doing in with All Season tires on our Alltrack.
I wasn't familiar with Lolo Pass so I looked it up on Google maps. East Burnside, is that still a sketchy neighborhood?

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably drive out to the bend area as my first real trip

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
Catlady6

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
We have reservations at the Grand Canyon for my wife's birthday the second week of February. If I get it in time, that's it. It's an easy days drive from our house in the mountains east of Albuquerque. No real mountain passes, but lots of flat desert interstate driving, a gradual climb to Flaggstaff, then some two-lane through rolling hills from there to the South Rim. (Would be so cool!)
Will you have snow to drive through? Many years ago I went to the Grand Canyon in December and it had snowed.

Sponsored

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will you have snow to drive through? Many years ago I went to the Grand Canyon in December and it had snowed.
The south rim does get snow, but usually not that much. We could have snow around Flagstaff, but we can take an alternate route.

AMCJeepMJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One too many
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bend area here. As we ordered so late, we may hit the Hatch Chile Festival in Hatch NM around Labor Day weekend after going to Dallas to visit family. May hit up Roswell Ford for a UFO plate frame as while in the area... I am not expecting to receive the Mav until this summer so planning way ahead.

Jimbo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tundra Limited
after break in, I will be driving it in almost every forest road in the western half of the state. I will be using my maverick for scouting, hunting, and fishing.

OP
OP
Catlady6

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
after break in, I will be driving it in almost every forest road in the western half of the state. I will be using my maverick for scouting, hunting, and fishing.
Sounds like you're getting an Ecoboost. Not sure the hybrid I ordered would be so happy on our country roads.
Sponsored