First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to despise OSB, particle board, etc., but I just finished a class in beginning construction and now I know engineered wood products are better than dimensional lumber for a lot of uses.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jcast0311

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB LUX FX4 4K CG
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I used to despise OSB, particle board, etc., but I just finished a class in beginning construction and now I know engineered wood products are better than dimensional lumber for a lot of uses.
Thatā€™s class sounds interesting. Yeah. That stuff is pretty handy.

raymaines

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm surprised the OP hasn't deleted the post. I get that he's an ex-Marine, or still a Marine or whatever, and he's lived through worse, his intentions were pure and we all love our Mav's, but he was factually wrong and I would have been embarrassed and deleted the post or at least re-written it to to be factually correct. Then again, these are crazy times, and not all of us really care about being factually correct.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would they take 8 sheets back off the truck before it ever left the warehouse (where the photo was obviously made)?
Paid for 20! Loaded 12! (New math conversion to metric?

dbmurray

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Tricky Dicky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Taco (deceased)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LIL TRK? Yeah, but as my mother said, ā€œ I may be small, but I fight dirty!ā€ LIL TRK is loaded for a dump run. Thank you drop-in bed lineršŸ¤ 

Ford Maverick This Thing is Capable!! IMG_5876

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for clicking on this click-bait!! (Sarcasm)
I have been very impressed with how capable my Maverick is. Iā€™m working on a remodel for a home and we needed plywood (IDK WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN OSB AND PLYWOOD ). My partner and I met at our local Home Depot, he in a Tacoma and I with my Mav. We looked at his Tacoma and he mentioned having to lay them across and over the bedā€¦ I told him, why donā€™t we just use mine since my truck was designed for this, exact moment, in mind. So he agreed and pulled up loaded it with 20 sheets of plywood(OSB IDIOT) 4x8 at ~55lbs each. (YOUR MATH IS still WRONG)Thatā€™s about ~1,100 lbs plus a few 2x6x8s and 2x4x8s. I know what youā€™re thinkingā€¦ the minimum sheets recommended by Ford is 18ā€¦ well, it handle my 20 sheets just fine. (CAUSE I CANT COUNT) Funny thing, a few guys at the load zone were staring thinking I was nuts but I was confident with my Mav. Once they saw it loaded and the minimal squat, they were impressed.

Down here in lower Texas, thereā€™s a Mexican truck that small and had a payload of 1600+ lbs. (STILL CANT COUNT ) that little thing is nuts. Itā€™s the Ram 700 I believe. Itā€™s pretty awesome as well. Itā€™s unbelievable how far this little trucks have come.

Yes, that is a miter saw being used in the bead above the plywood. Why unload when it at the perfect height for cutting.
(WARNING: THE IMAGES BELOW ARE COMPUTER GENERATED AND COULD LEAD TO CONFUSION WHEN COUNTING AND WEIGHT THE PLYā€¦ I MEAN OSBā€¦ TO ACCURATELY CALCULATE THE WEIGHT. The OP is clearly and idiot and doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about!) oh, and Canadians are smarter than me!

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

IMG_0003.jpeg

IMG_0004.jpeg

IMG_0069.jpeg
Ryobi is like The maverick. Versatile, affordable and awesome looking..... one day I will get mine and be cool like the rest of you. 3 months or less I hope.

OP
OP
jcast0311

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm surprised the OP hasn't deleted the post. I get that he's an ex-Marine, or still a Marine or whatever, and he's lived through worse, his intentions were pure and we all love our Mav's, but he was factually wrong and I would have been embarrassed and deleted the post or at least re-written it to to be factually correct. Then again, these are crazy times, and not all of us really care about being factually correct.
Fact.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Cocobean

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OSB, isn't that Oriental Strand Board?? :ROFLMAO:
I know thereā€™s a lot of sarcasm going on in this thread but itā€™s Oriented not Oriental šŸ˜‚ heavier than typical plywood and less expensive.
Plus some other differences easily looked up on this new thing called ā€œGoggleā€ šŸ¤— šŸ‘
No doubt there is a carpenters forum also as someone else suggested ā˜ŗ

Sponsored

Deftallica

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm very appreciative that Ford designed the FlexBed as they did. I started woodworking for a hobby a couple of years ago and sheets of plywood are the largest single item I haul, and they fit perfect.

OP
OP
jcast0311

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm very appreciative that Ford designed the FlexBed as they did. I started woodworking for a hobby a couple of years ago and sheets of plywood are the largest single item I haul, and they fit perfect.
Thatā€™s awesome. The truck has impressed me. Round trip from south Texas to Florida, decent hauling weight and stability through stormsā€¦ yeah.. Ford knocked it out. My wifeā€™s asked me if Iā€™d go back to full size Ram and I told her with confidence, for as long as Ford makes the Maverick, Iā€™ll continue to buy them. They just need to stop raising the price.
Sponsored