Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Ford previously stated that 2022 orders rolled over to 2023 would be price-protected. Is "Private Offer" the same as price protection or are holdovers facing a price increase?
When they say that they are price protected, it is in the form of a private offer, which will cover any price increases throughout the 22MY.
Sponsored

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes But is it correct that the new line forms after Aug 2nd where people who had 22 orders are given the opportunity before the order banks open on Aug 15th? This is extremely confusing to me
yes that is correct

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Hello Tim. I remember you posting about how the dealer can change an errant Maverick COVP into the correct ROVP. COULD YOU REPOST SO I MAY SEND IT TO MY SALESMAN? Thank you.
If the ROVP/COVP was submitted before the deadline (11/22/21 for hybrid, 2/3/22 for ecoboost) and currently has an "On Hold" status the dealer can contact Ford and find out what is holding it up (Example blurry documents, order sheet address not matching their driver's license, etc). Once that is corrected it will be given a "Approved" status making it a certified 22MY order.

If that approval happened after June 15th it will not be available for July scheduling but will be available for August scheduling. Only certified/good COVP 22MY orders will receive the private offer and have priority over first orders in 23MY.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they are scheduling until late august, why give up your order in early august?

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the full size spare a constraint?

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If the ROVP/COVP was submitted before the deadline (11/22/21 for hybrid, 2/3/22 for ecoboost) and currently has an "On Hold" status the dealer can contact Ford and find out what is holding it up (Example blurry documents, order sheet address not matching their driver's license, etc). Once that is corrected it will be given a "Approved" status making it a certified 22MY order.

If that approval happened after June 15th it will not be available for July scheduling but will be available for August scheduling. Only certified/good COVP 22MY orders will receive the private offer and have priority over first orders in 23MY.
Thank you Tim. I forward your message to my salesman.. I also contacted Ford and need to call again to check on the approval. Status. Fingers crossed.

Leand60

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Is the full size spare a constraint?
I just removed the spare tire from my Ecoboost order. I wouldn't want this to be the reason it doesn't get selected for scheduling.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Thank you Tim. I forward your message to my salesman.. I also contacted Ford and need to call again to check on the approval. Status. Fingers crossed.
I believe that the dealer is the only one that can provide you a screenshot of the approval for the ROVP or COVP. I had my dealer send me via email. Which by the way they gave me pushback on it. Hopefully, you have a better dealer.

Sponsored

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No it's not a constraint.
Thank you Tim for all you do and for being in this Dog fight to get answers and results. Ford, stop making a simple order system so hard on your customers that want your products.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim @fordvideoguy, months and months ago, I thought people were crazy flying out to Wichita, spending a couple nights in hotels, and putting tons of miles on a brand new truck driving home. If I had known my base hybrid xl ordered in October would still not even have a build date, I should have ordered from you. Now I am looking at 12-14 months or more to get a plain old $20,000 truck. Plus I am spending $400 a month in commuting costs as the value of my 2012 Colorado goes down each month.I can’t believe how much Ford has bungled this big opportunity for them while they were the only one offering a small truck in the market. Thank you for your shows and answering questions here.

dwilson

First Name
n/a
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
it is now 7/2/22 and i still dont have a build date or a email from ford . have you heard any thing else nj pinelands ?

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve never received a ford email, promotional or other wise. I rely on customer service for information which is vague at best. I can’t change my order cause I’m priority 2, can’t build my truck cause of constraints. No way my dealership will know how to handle private offers and convert it to a 23. Hopeless
Sponsored