First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never had it before and wouldn't go without it now . blind spot mirrors are great . I Also like cross traffic warning . I also really like brake hold at stop lights . It was well worth the extra bucks to me .
Sponsored

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure when you ordered but a change like that could also lose your place in the que and drop you to the bottom of the list. I know switching trims xl to xlt for example will not sure if 360 will do the same. Definitely would check on that before you make a decision if getting your maverick sooner is important.

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
Works great. Would probably be the last optional package I'd drop.
Agree. These features are useful, helpful, and I've found them reliable. If I had it to do again, I would still get them.

Qwillex

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav Hybrid XLT, 04 Ford F350, 12 Mazda CX-9
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had the pre collision warning trigger when the car 2 in front of me hit his brakes, car in front of me almost hit him, I saw it about the same time as the warning, but if had been looking down or checking a mirror, adjusting the radio, etc it would have saved an accident.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just had the pre collision warning trigger when the car 2 in front of me hit his brakes, car in front of me almost hit him, I saw it about the same time as the warning, but if had been looking down or checking a mirror, adjusting the radio, etc it would have saved an accident.
The collision warning/braking is standard on all trims. It's not part of the 360 package.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have these safety features on my XC-40. Like heated seats and steering wheel, once I experienced them I'll never buy a car without them. I have 50 years of habit patterns of aggressively looking for traffic (in the Air Force, we called it "keep your head on a swivel"), and I'm still glad I have electronic backup. But that's just me - to each their own. Do what rocks your boat.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have these safety features on my XC-40. Like heated seats and steering wheel, once I experienced them I'll never buy a car without them. I have 50 years of habit patterns of aggressively looking for traffic (in the Air Force, we called it "keep your head on a swivel"), and I'm still glad I have electronic backup. But that's just me - to each their own. Do what rocks your boat.
In my DOD career, we called it get your Head out of your A$$

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been driving over 50 years and not once would I have trusted anyone in my vehicle or any technology to tell me it's okay to change lanes. I don't Text and drive so I would have no need for any electronic device to keep the vehicle I'm driving within the lines/lanes. When I'm first in line at a red light nobody will have to honk at me to let me know the light turned green. When I'm in the driver's seat . . . . I'm driving!

For all those who use the new technology for what it was developed for, I'm good as long as they respect the dangers of driving. I just think some of this new technology will help take more lives than it saves.

Until humans evolve a third eye for texting I'm going to drive my Maverick myself and enjoy every damn minute of it.

Last edited:
Sponsored

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have had zero issues with CP360, the cross traffic works awesome backing in parking lots when surrounded by full size (bloated really) trucks and SUV's.

I have noticed that my blind spot monitoring comes on earlier when passing traffic is moving faster, if they are barely going faster than me it will illuminate just as the vehicle begins to dissappear in my mirrors, but if they are coming up fast it will illuminate much much earlier.

I have activated the emergency warning one time when I was approaching too quickly to a vehicle in front of me, but as soon as I began to make the lane change it cleared - got a tone and red warning box.

Haven't really used lane keeping yet,

OP
OP
NoMavyYet

NoMavyYet

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f250 2002 Ranger
Well hereā€™s the thinking, never had it on a vehicle ( the blind spot monitoring) so Iā€™m accustomed to mirror checking AND shoulder/ back window check so
Iā€™ve never had even a close call before merging into someone. Just didnā€™t want it to become something that would make me a less observant driver relying on the technology to say itā€™s safe.
to be honest I Donā€™t think itā€™ll make insurance any cheaper it already has the pre collision breaking.

as far has my order changing my place in que ?
well I ordered it oct 22 from a small dealer so I still probably wonā€™t see it till May

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of strange posts in this thread. BSM does the same thing as a mirror? Driver assistance features kill more people than they save? Where do people come up with these things?

First off, BSM doesn't take the place of mirrors or checking your mirrors. It isn't intended to be a "oh the lights off so I'm good to change lanes" function. The people who use it that way are morons who would be even more dangerous without the system - so trying to blame the system for driver incompetence is a silly conclusion.

Second, BSM's key components are radar sensors on each side of the rear bumper (in most cars, and I assume the Maverick). There is no way a mirror is capable of the same thing in every situation. Yes, a proper mirror check and glance over the shoulder will do "the same thing" by revealing what is in your blind spot. But BSM systems go well beyond this. If there is a car approaching in another lane at a greater speed than you, BSM will turn on the light way before the car is in the blind spot. Also, cross traffic will alert you to cars (and people, in my experience) that you cannot see with mirrors until possibly too late.

And last - if you're concerned about "too much tech" going wrong.. you probably shouldn't be buying any 2022 vehicle of any trim level.

Deleted member 6544

It's the only thing I added to my XLT. Blind spot is useful along with power mirrors, lane centering is ok, not great.
If you set your mirrors correctly you don't have a blind spot. Unless of course a gerbil is coming up on you and 75mph. Personally, and yes I'm an old guy, people should just learn to friggin drive. You young folks don't even have to parallel park anymore?
Sponsored