First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I paid 300 with tires and sensors the guy just wanted them out of his way. And I got a second set from the wife’s bronco one is silver and the other is carbon grey
I paid 300 with tires and sensors the guy just wanted them out of his way. And I got a second set from the wife’s bronco one is silver and the other is carbon grey
Yea I went the xl route and I like the interior better plus I bought the new bronco rims carbon grey with 100 miles on the tires for $400.00 so I'm more than happy they should look great with the iconic silver and a tonneau cover
Sponsored

Jim graham

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea I went the xl route and I like the interior better plus I bought the new bronco rims carbon grey with 100 miles on the tires for $400.00 so I'm more than happy they should look great with the iconic silver and a tonneau cover
You think black lug nuts or chrome. Would look better??

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So we finally saw some video and pictures of the Xl interior this week. I love it! Happy with the choice we made! What do you all think?

34129D6E-A0F0-4BD6-9BE0-8A0481FE4ECE.jpeg

7B9D2EBE-E933-4927-884D-28CD5C505F59.jpeg
I like it. Simple, clean and functional. Everything I want in a work truck. No need for all the bells and whistles. It's like Ford knew what they were talking about when they said that the XL trim would be sought after by business buyers or something.

Sponsored

Jim graham

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i bought the XL also in iconic silver and i think it looks great the only thing i added was a spray in liner a tow hitch and the 360.. i also bought a set of the grey bronco rims of a guy brand new with tires so im sure it will be all i need.. Jim

LAClippers420

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like it. Simple, clean and functional. Everything I want in a work truck. No need for all the bells and whistles. It's like Ford knew what they were talking about when they said that the XL trim would be sought after by business buyers or something.

Haha, exactly. Sometimes less is more.

Commander Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I went with a XL So I could load it up and keep it under $30,000 so I went with Well it's in my signature....But the constraints have taken the fun out of it...See signature
But it's a city truck that does not need cruise..360..etc..., It's going to be my Maverick "Rat Rod" ....Black the rims or Black Mags with low profile tires...Tint the Windows...250hp with the Tow gear ratio...will make this a city screamer
Most if not all the stuff I had to take off can be put on locally..and not financed :)
No the XL makes the perfect foundation to build something your way
RTX makes some nice rims for $170ish
I agree with you totally. I rather build mine from bottom up. Even going to install bed liner locally. However, I have not actually found rims to fit yet. Has anyone found some black options?

Commander Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I went XL, because I wanted a basic truck. All the extra stuff isn't needed. The only complaint I have is the steelies are ugly. I plan to paint them black so I can live with it.
What type and brand black paint? Great idea!

EggSalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox and Focus
What type and brand black paint? Great idea!
Honestly I don't even know yet lol. I'm wondering if I can get my hands on a set of xlt wheels before I do anything. If not I will most likely paint them. I know there are a few options out there for wheel paint.

Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got to see the Maverick up close and in person today, at my dealer. Of course, they showed the loaded model, but I got a good look at what was my biggest concern: the quality and engineering of the soft tonneau. IT IS A NICELY DESIGNED, WELL-BUILT SYSTEM. Like I said before, I only had the snap-on British tonneaus from the 1950s to compare it to. The "velcro" system is a very heavy duty velcro. The fit is nice and should keep the weather out. My bean-bag GPS will fit on the dash without interfering with the airbags. One surprise not listed in the Owners Manual. The gas cap door is a push-flip-open system. I don't want that, and I am hoping that it is an "upgrade" for the loaded model. I want the button on the dashboard like the manual describes. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
****One surprise not listed in the Owners Manual. The gas cap door is a push-flip-open system. I don't want that, and I am hoping that it is an "upgrade" for the loaded model. I want the button on the dashboard like the manual describes. IT IS A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK.
All hybrid models have the electric push button fuel door release. This is due to the fuel pressurization system of the hybrid.

ArizonaLouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my XL back in June with the Optional Co-Pilot360 package. Anybody know what that includes on the XL? Does it add cruise control? I haven’t been able to find a definitive on what Co-Pilot360 features my truck will have.
No Cruise on any XL

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, TB84 says it all. Certain options are worth their price to certain buyers. That's what makes the world go 'round. I remember awhile back when the price range on a Mustang was $15,000 to $35,000. Both were sold, and I suspect that both owners were happy. My Maverick XL is what I can afford and what I need. Anecdote: Monday I drove to my dealership to see their demo Maverick. I took the fast route, 5 miles on I-70, rather than the back way, just to use my cruise control for the last time. I haven't used it since moving to Sykesville 2 years ago, so I should be OK without it on my XL. Famous last words.

Oh! For what it's worth, Ford is telling prospective buyers that the Maverick will be here in 60-90 days. From their lips to God's ear...

Initial reaction: the truck is bigger than I thought. It seemed huge to me until I walked over and looked at an F-150. At 5'8", I can see into the bed of the Maverick, but there is no "looking into" the bed of an F-150.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Things I would add to the XL if I could….. I live in four seasons and winter is starting to come….so heated seats and steering wheel, mirror defrost/fog..
but I’m also going to garage this truck so those aren’t as important but that is what I would pay extra for.
Sponsored