First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
When you compare the XL and XLT trim you should not compare just the price difference at purchase.
  1. The XL trim level will be less desirable than XLT at resale.
  2. A used XLT will sell for more reducing if not even eliminating the additional $2285 asked as new.
  3. All this putting aside the many options in XLT (for me as well the cruise control was a must..)
  4. Probably even the lease of XL and XLT will show a minimal $ difference
  5. I see the XL trim as something purchased by a fleet
  6. Years from now a savvy customer may buy it at a larger discount from a dealer that wants to move it from the lot.
I am writing this not to antagonize XL trim buyers; it is going to be just fine with the XL. I just hope to bring some points as there is still time to upgrade before scheduling.
I went with a XL So I could load it up and keep it under $30,000 so I went with Well it's in my signature....But the constraints have taken the fun out of it...See signature
But it's a city truck that does not need cruise..360..etc..., It's going to be my Maverick "Rat Rod" ....Black the rims or Black Mags with low profile tires...Tint the Windows...250hp with the Tow gear ratio...will make this a city screamer
Most if not all the stuff I had to take off can be put on locally..and not financed :)
No the XL makes the perfect foundation to build something your way
RTX makes some nice rims for $170ish
Sponsored

Last edited:

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I just heard from my Dealer. Hermosillo has a hold-up over my ............................ get ready ...................... MUD GUARDS. EIGHT SCREWS ??????!!!!!!!!! Of course, I told my dealer to go ahead and drop the guards from the order, and let him install them when the truck arrives. Not a good sign from Hermosillo: MUD GUARDS BEING A DEAL BREAKER!! I just thought that I'd pass this along...

GAB

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL order all the way. Can’t see putting Cadillac options in a truck, just my preference. This is why they don’t make actual work trucks anymore at a reasonable price point. People have to have it all. My 09 ranger had roll up windows, drum brakes and manual locks. Best truck I ever had.
I agree 100% … your a smart guy .

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. That only applies if you are buying this vehicle with the intention of reselling it soon. I bought my 2004 Tacoma new, and sold it last November, 16 years later.

2. That additional $2285 can be used to buy you own upgrades and accessories, if you wish, or even better be put towards something more important to you than your car, if you aren't a car person.

3. I can accept that cruise control is a must for many people. FOR ME, I have owned 5 cars in my lifetime, all had cruise control, and I couldn't tell you how to activate it on any of them. It is of no value in traffic congested city driving. 99.9% of MY driving.

4. I don't lease. No response.

5. So what, use the $2285 you save to modify it so it doesn't look like a fleet vehicle. The wheels come off and $2200 can buy you some different ones. As long as you don't buy a white truck and slap a sticker on the door, why would anyone think it's a fleet vehicle.

6. 15 or 20 years from now I'm not going to care about resale value, but if I do consider this, if I can get the same 16 years 205,000 miles I got out of my Toyota Tacoma, at the MSRP of my XL ($23,885) that's a little under $1500 a year, 12 cents a mile. That's more that my money's worth even if I put it on blocks in my backyard until I'm ready to be buried in it. That's where my Tacoma would be if people hadn't been begging me to buy it. Anything you get for a vehicle at that point is profit.

I AM writing this to let XLT and Lariat trim buyers know that none of us is buying a Cadillac or BMW, this truck is certainly not going to be a status symbol. The trim levels are not an indicator of quality, they are only an indicator of the accessories you chose to add. The trucks are identical. I could choose to add any or all of the accessories a Lariat has at a later time. Also consider this, aftermarket accessories, are going to come out for this truck. My truck is a blank canvas I can add things later that could make my XL better than a Lariat. I just hope to bring up some points, that there is no need for trim level shaming here. I don't care that "nobody is going to get the base model" because somebody did get it. I DID.
This is a great post Blue XL I wish everyone planning on buying a Maverick reads this . It all makes sense thank you .

Sponsored

Ajm

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
So we finally saw some video and pictures of the Xl interior this week. I love it! Happy with the choice we made! What do you all think?

34129D6E-A0F0-4BD6-9BE0-8A0481FE4ECE.jpeg

7B9D2EBE-E933-4927-884D-28CD5C505F59.jpeg
I like the blue. Thought it was going to be all black & gray. Looks good.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So we finally saw some video and pictures of the Xl interior this week. I love it! Happy with the choice we made! What do you all think?

34129D6E-A0F0-4BD6-9BE0-8A0481FE4ECE.jpeg

7B9D2EBE-E933-4927-884D-28CD5C505F59.jpeg
Yep. Looks very much like my Fusion, in fact, except for the larger touch screen. (2016 Fusion has two small screens, not touch but controlled by buttons on the steering wheel and on the dash. One is mainly for the sound system and some Sync features, the other is between the speedometer and tachometer and has about a million settings menus and a lot of status reports.) Many of the standard features on the Mav, even the XL trim level, were added cost features on the Fusion back then and I only have a few of them.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree 100% … your a smart guy .
Wait a 09 ranger was considered a Cadillac compared to my 95 . Bigger, safer buckets not bench disk brakes not drums. Back then they used what was left over from the Taurus plant.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the blue. Thought it was going to be all black & gray. Looks good.
Yeah, they've kept telling us that it was all framed in blue, but this is the first glimpse I've had showing that blue. It looks nice, but then I'm partial to blues and greens. :love:

Reactions: Ajm
Sponsored

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. Looks very much like my Fusion, in fact, except for the larger touch screen. (2016 Fusion has two small screens, not touch but controlled by buttons on the steering wheel and on the dash. One is mainly for the sound system and some Sync features, the other is between the speedometer and tachometer and has about a million settings menus and a lot of status reports.) Many of the standard features on the Mav, even the XL trim level, were added cost features on the Fusion back then and I only have a few of them.
Looks great it will be a good contrast to my oxford white exterior

DrkLrdChckls

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Outlander, 16 Equinox, 94 Econoline 150
I ordered my XL back in June with the Optional Co-Pilot360 package. Anybody know what that includes on the XL? Does it add cruise control? I haven’t been able to find a definitive on what Co-Pilot360 features my truck will have.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I ordered my XL back in June with the Optional Co-Pilot360 package. Anybody know what that includes on the XL? Does it add cruise control? I haven’t been able to find a definitive on what Co-Pilot360 features my truck will have.
No cruise control.
Ford Maverick The XL Trim Maverick Thread mav copilot

EggSalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox and Focus
I went XL, because I wanted a basic truck. All the extra stuff isn't needed. The only complaint I have is the steelies are ugly. I plan to paint them black so I can live with it.
Sponsored