Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Round Rock Maverick. Cyber orange XLT Lux Hybrid, CP360, SIBL, moonroof, sliding rear window, and all weather floor mats. Delivered and purchased on Nov 4. I only had to wait 508 days to get it. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
Ford Maverick The Texas Mavericks! mav4
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've noticed in reading through several threads that there are a bunch of us Texans who have either ordered a Maverick or are about to. I thought it would be interesting if all Texans would list their location (city or town), the dealer they are working with, what build they have already ordered or have in mind, and anything else that might be interesting or helpful to fellow Texans. I think good dealer experience would be helpful to others as well as dealers you would not recommend. Not sure if this is allowed in the forum rules to talk bad about specific dealers but we'll soon find out!

I live in a golf course community known as Holly Lake Ranch. It is a very pretty place nestled in the Piney Woods of east Texas, roughly half way between Shreveport, LA. and Dallas, Texas. All the dealers around here are small, country mom and pop businesses. If you go to the "city" such as Longview or Tyler, there are a few bigger dealerships but I have found them to be no better than our more rural "locals". I ordered my Lariat from Texas Country Ford, Winnsboro, Tx. Once they got the hang of the Maverick ordering system they did very well and I have received confirmation from Ford that my order has been accepted. I have already recommended them to several forum members here in Texas looking to order a Maverick.

Another reason for my starting this thread is that I recall my early days at the Honda Ridgeline forum about 15 years ago where threads like this were started in various states. We Ridgeline owners would often get together for lunches and compare and show off our Ridgelines, mods and accessories. We all learned a great deal from each other. We would also go to car shows and do various other things as a group and the Ridgeline caravan was quite impressive. It was a good time and some of us even went on hunting trips together and shared other interests. Maybe something social like this can happen down the road with Texas Maverick owners. Anyway, Texas Mavericks is a cool name (not only for the basketball team) and deserves a thread of its own - so here it is Texas!!!
Great thread. Glad to see the focus on the Lone Star State. I am located northwest of Ft. Worth in Bowie, TX. I have a 2022 XLT FX4 loaded. After months of looking, I found it at Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown, TX. It has an EB in it and was able to get it for $3K over, which was better than a couple of others I found in Florida and Ohio. I have a 2023 Lariat ordered for me and another for my wife, but wanted this one now. Mine was ordered from Five Star Ford in N. Richland Hills and hers was ordered from our local dealer, Kory Hooks Ford. Have only had mine a week and a half, but already love it.

rdia

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Great thread. Glad to see the focus on the Lone Star State. I am located northwest of Ft. Worth in Bowie, TX. I have a 2022 XLT FX4 loaded. After months of looking, I found it at Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown, TX. It has an EB in it and was able to get it for $3K over, which was better than a couple of others I found in Florida and Ohio. I have a 2023 Lariat ordered for me and another for my wife, but wanted this one now. Mine was ordered from Five Star Ford in N. Richland Hills and hers was ordered from our local dealer, Kory Hooks Ford. Have only had mine a week and a half, but already love it.

rdia
Congrats! So glad you're loving your Maverick, Jesse!

Howl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fort Worth here. I've had my XLT Hybrid just over 3 weeks now and I love it so much already.

Ford Maverick The Texas Mavericks! PXL_20221120_184428292

Sponsored

Oh Weld

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 250 , Maverick XL, Maverick XL AWD 4K(ordered)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Austin, Texas. I own a 22 Velocity Blue 2.0 EB and also have a 23 Hybrid XL on order.

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Winter Texan here. I am in Alamo and ordered my XLY hybrid from Boggus Ford in McAllen. My FL dealer never came through with 22 XLT EB… I called Ford customer service today and she guaranteed that my 23 order is a clean unscheduled order, but had no other details… so, I sit and wait again.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just purchased a refused '22 Hybrid First Edition (Lariat Lux+) in Area 51. I'm in Cedar Park (NNW of Austin) and purchased the truck from Mac Haik in Georgetown. This one had the airbag recall, so it sat for a while waiting for the fix parts to become available. Original order person gave up and moved on. His bad luck was my good luck. I paid a bit over MSRP for it, but at this point, the secret is out, and "on the lot" Hybrids are ALL selling for MSRP+ADM. At least Mac Haik was up-front about it, and didn't play any games.

So now I actually have a Maverick Hybrid! I love the truck, though my wife has taken to calling it "her truck" so I may be in trouble... At least she's letting me drive it until my Cyber Orange one comes in... LOL

Yeah, we have two other Hybrids on order (see signature), but given that orders for hybrids are 2X what Ford plans to produce, I wasn't confident we would even get one. If we get the Cyber Orange one, it will be mine and my wife will get this one (Area 51 is in her "top 2" colors right behind Cactus Gray).

If we receive the Cactus Gray truck, that one will become hers, and I'll drive the Area 51 (in my "top 3," behind Cyber Orange and Hot Pepper Red).

However it works out, I'm happy. I'm really enjoying the Maverick a LOT!

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just purchased a refused '22 Hybrid First Edition (Lariat Lux+) in Area 51. I'm in Cedar Park (NNW of Austin) and purchased the truck from Mac Haik in Georgetown. This one had the airbag recall, so it sat for a while waiting for the fix parts to become available. Original order person gave up and moved on. His bad luck was my good luck. I paid a bit over MSRP for it, but at this point, the secret is out, and "on the lot" Hybrids are ALL selling for MSRP+ADM. At least Mac Haik was up-front about it, and didn't play any games.

So now I actually have a Maverick Hybrid! I love the truck, though my wife has taken to calling it "her truck" so I may be in trouble... At least she's letting me drive it until my Cyber Orange one comes in... LOL

Yeah, we have two other Hybrids on order (see signature), but given that orders for hybrids are 2X what Ford plans to produce, I wasn't confident we would even get one. If we get the Cyber Orange one, it will be mine and my wife will get this one (Area 51 is in her "top 2" colors right behind Cactus Gray).

If we receive the Cactus Gray truck, that one will become hers, and I'll drive the Area 51 (in my "top 3," behind Cyber Orange and Hot Pepper Red).

I bought a EB XLT FX4 with Luxury, moonroof, off road pkg, etc. from Mac Haik in a very similar situation as yours. I am awaiting my 2 Lariat Hybrids to be be built - fully loaded, but wanted something to drive until then.

You are right about Mac Haik in Georgetown. They are the absolute best. I have NEVER been treated better from the first phone call until I drove off the lot. I, like you, had to pay above MSRP, but not as much as other dealers wanted.

Congratulations and happy Mavericking.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

WISH WE GET A TEXAS EDITION. Highly doubt it, but would be awesome. I might buy the badge just for the shits. Everyone from my work is gonna make fun of my small truck.
What would be on a Texan addition?

Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Waxahachie but I ordered mine Long-MacAuthur Ford
Hybrid XLT

Texan

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue EB XLT 4k FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Denton here. Just picked up a XLT EB 4k FX4 from Karl Klement in Decatur last night that someone ordered and didn't want. Loving it so far.
Ford Maverick The Texas Mavericks! IMG_0809

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in Round Rock and have a cyber orange XLT Maverick. It's the only cyber orange I've seen around me. @JimParker256 please post in this Texas forum when/if you get your cyber orange Maverick and we could meet up and take some pics of the trucks together.

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought a EB XLT FX4 with Luxury, moonroof, off road pkg, etc. from Mac Haik in a very similar situation as yours. I am awaiting my 2 Lariat Hybrids to be be built - fully loaded, but wanted something to drive until then.

You are right about Mac Haik in Georgetown. They are the absolute best. I have NEVER been treated better from the first phone call until I drove off the lot. I, like you, had to pay above MSRP, but not as much as other dealers wanted.

Congratulations and happy Mavericking.
I bought my Maverick from Mac Haik Georgetown, and did not have a good experience. But as the saying goes, YMMV.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in Round Rock and have a cyber orange XLT Maverick. It's the only cyber orange I've seen around me. @JimParker256 please post in this Texas forum when/if you get your cyber orange Maverick and we could meet up and take some pics of the trucks together.
Will do! I've yet to see ANY Maverick in Cyber Orange. In fact, I've only seen 5-6 on the road at all... And three of those were Area 51 like mine (though not a First Edition, which Ford seems to have saved to be the last 22's delivered), one was White, one was Cactus Gray, and the other was Velocity Blue.
Sponsored