The Sheriff Likes My Mav...

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
But the officer was doing private/personal business on company time. Bad form. I might have encouraged him to call me after his work shift was over but we're not talking now.
Not "personal business." Not bad form. He has violated no law or policy that I ever heard of. If he is in his assigned area, he can make citizen contacts as he sees fit. Some departments even track all citizen contacts as part of their community policing program. Getting a citizen's phone number is far more intrusive than the situation described by the OP.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
Everyone is different. Everyone has different experiences on which they base their opinions. So all opinions are valid for those who hold them. Personally, I defer to "friendly" unless given a reason to think otherwise.
I don't disagree, but in this case, there was no "invasion of privacy." Ideally, opinions should be based on facts, not on faulty reasoning. No harm, no foul. Like you, I would welcome the opportunity to talk about my new Maverick.

Last edited:

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
with having a truck like this i find that you have to put away some of your fears about people in general. there are not a lot of these trucks out there and people just want some info about it. (me personally i like a little attention) so if you see in a parking lot or wave me down and if i have time ask me all you want. you never know the world just might become a better place

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People have to take it in context. I mean if the guy was genuine and said he ordered ordered one... I don't see ANY issue with it. Even if it were an individual.... not a cop.... irrespective of their color, creed or any other factor.... I would be OK with it. People need to stop being so damn paranoid. If someone wanted to do you harm... it wouldn't be because you have a Maverick.

Sponsored

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, sometimes I do...you are lucky or are not a lead foot I guess.
Oh no...I AM a lead foot. It's just my experience with the police is different than a lot of other peoples', I suppose.

Amen to your quote, Rob Cactus Gray: "I understand being afraid but we all need to chill and legally carry a gun." <---This right here is why I don't worry about the police. Lead foot or not, you pull out a CCWP at a traffic stop along with your DL, and 9/10 times you and the officer will be parting ways with nothing more than a, "Be safe out there."

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In all honesty.... I would have told him about MTC and welcomed him to the site. I have LOTS of issues with police in the USA, but again.... I am not going to judge any individual who merely wanted to talk about the Maverick. The only people I judge are the ones that buy Cyber Orange Mavericks (I keed.... I keed).

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No disrespect to any Police Officers or family of police officers but if that happened to me I would not have been happy. I'm not okay with any law enforcement following me to my house.
What are your guilty of.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
with having a truck like this i find that you have to put away some of your fears about people in general. there are not a lot of these trucks out there and people just want some info about it. (me personally i like a little attention) so if you see in a parking lot or wave me down and if i have time ask me all you want. you never know the world just might become a better place
My take-away from the things, slight or otherwise, that I've had to face in my life; much more "good" in this world than "evil".

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been followed home 3 times with 2 wanting to ask questions. Threw the key to them and said take of look. The 3rd person wanted to buy mine. I told him MSRP + $1K for each month I waited (10 months). He didn't want to do 10K over. At gas pumps people come over to look and ask questions about MPG. 4 neighbors came over to look at it. At the UPS Store a 6'7" dude wanted to sit in it. Saying he would not fit, I let him try. He said it had more headroom than his big Silverado. Not sure about that. The key was on and the MPG was showing mid 40's during the summer. Came close to having a free pair of dentures, his jaw dropped so far.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What are your guilty of.
They're guilty of not being on the forum anymore. That post was a year ago and they were last seen on the forum last April.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been followed home 3 times with 2 wanting to ask questions. Threw the key to them and said take of look. The 3rd person wanted to buy mine. I told him MSRP + $1K for each month I waited (10 months). He didn't want to do 10K over. At gas pumps people come over to look and ask questions about MPG. 4 neighbors came over to look at it. At the UPS Store a 6'7" dude wanted to sit in it. Saying he would not fit, I let him try. He said it had more headroom than his big Silverado. Not sure about that. The key was on and the MPG was showing mid 40's during the summer. Came close to having a free pair of dentures, his jaw dropped so far.
Same type of experiences with me, also. One guy followed me home on his bicycle to take a look a look, and another time, when firefighters & paramedics answered a call on my street, they turned their interests over to the Maverick parked in my driveway. "Shouldn't you be getting that person to the ER?" LOL. (Nothing life threatening, so they weren't in that much of a hurry, but NOT your typical 'How do you like your Maverick' forum).

Last edited:
OP
OP
dicchicora

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I never thought this post would be so polarizing, but I guess when law enforcement is involved, everyone has an opinion. A year later, and I'm still fine with the officer stopping and asking about it. Heck, I've had neighbors, whom I've never met, just stop and ask questions. One guy said he'd been driving by for weeks on his way to work, and wanted to stop when he got out of work, but I was never home. One day, I'm getting ready to go somewhere, and he just pulls into the driveway, in front of me. Had no idea who he was, but I was a little taken aback by what he did. However, he just wanted to talk about the Mav. This little truck has been a very interesting vehicle. As I said, one year in, and I still love it!
Sponsored