NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After viewing a 22 minute in depth video of the Maverick somewhere, whose source I cannot recall, I was struck at the cheap, hard, utilitarian, plastic used in the interior. And do you wanna know what?

I LOVE IT!!!

I have LONG bemoaned the overengineered, overstyled, interiors that most new cars now posses; I longed for the return of a sturdy, functional, stylish, easy to clean, interior - such as what was common to lower end vehicles in the 80's-90's. Most new vehicles have become needlessly expensive; many interiors feature tacked on bling to them - for the sole purpose of claiming such - and as a consequence, I have held onto my trusty last gen Ranger.

Ford has finally filled a niche with the Maverick, in that they created a handsome, useful, runabout, that hopefully will be reliable. I'm thinking that their sales projections of 110k per year are VERY conservative. I LOVE the easy to clean, sturdy, handsome, interior in the Maverick. I know that certain publications - CR for one - will jump all over Ford, but I love the product that they put out.
Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After viewing a 22 minute in depth video of the Maverick somewhere, whose source I cannot recall, I was struck at the cheap, hard, utilitarian, plastic used in the interior. And do you wanna know what?

I LOVE IT!!!
Man, that took a turn. 😆

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Probably Doug DeMuro's video....? - he covers the interior in depth.

Could be... I may have missed it because I couldn't stop watching his hands.

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
I figured there would be limited soft touch surfaces. I’ve seen some YT channels mention it’s plastic, but not necessarily super cheap feeling. Most has nice textures and I think some is some sort of recycled material type woven texture that was mentioned to feel decent for the segment and price point.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I personally love simple hard plastic interiors. Some of these new cars with 5 different colors and 7 different materials look ugly. Rule #1 in visual arts class. 2 main colors and 1 accent. That’s it.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really like the XLT interior, very unique. I think the orange would go would compliment a lot of the paint color options. Lariat interior is nice but I think I would prefer the XL over it.

Reactions: NDL

RM83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you. The great thing about these hard plastics is that they are so easy to clean.

Sponsored
OP
OP

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to see so many people agreeing; the automotive market has, for far too long, been flush with unnecessary nonsense and bling.

But get ready for it: the same publications that (will) laud the Maverick's 20k starting price, will in the same breathe complain about "low rent plastics."

I'm glad that Ford brought the Maverick to the market just as she is; I have not been this excited about a model in many years. The Maverick is plenty handsome, and functional.

Stetson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ford Raptor, 2018 Fiesta ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i have a fiesta ST and it has an extremely plasticky and inexpensive interior and it is great. its easy to keep clean, functional and durable. i am hoping the interior of the maverick is similar. durable and utilitarian

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No to carpet in any truck. Trucks are supposed to get used in bad weather so they're going to get wet and dirty. What happened to vinyl floors?

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
No to carpet in any truck. Trucks are supposed to get used in bad weather so they're going to get wet and dirty. What happened to vinyl floors?
I never understood why ANY vehicle has carpet. Hell I’ll just rip out the carpet and spray paint the metal. Call it a day.
Sponsored