2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I did the same to all Mav owners I saw, but most ignored me and my wife made fun of me so I gave up!

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have gotten waved back. What is funny is that we both see each other trying to see each other!! The wave is the "Yeah, I was looking to see if you were looking at me" confirmation.

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Maverick is a nice little truck but to wave at another Maverick owner....I don't think so. The Corvette, Jeeps & Mini Cooper owners typically wave at each other (Ex Mini Cooper owner here) which is OK b/c they have a deep history / following....Google Mini on the Mack.

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's no secret that we, as Maverick owners, are privileged to be in such an exclusive society. Ford still isn't cranking them out like crazy yet and the supply still has not quite met demand either.

That said: I feel compelled to salute every Maverick owner I see on my travels. I feel an unspoken camaraderie with them/you guys.

I usually end up acknowledging that by giving them what I've deemed "The Mav Signal". I just give a little🤙in passing-which, when I position my hand where my pinky and thumb are pointing upwards, it kinda looks like...you guessed it...Maverick horns! 😅

Just trying to gauge the community on this one: Is it cool 😎 or am I nuts 🤪 for doing this? (My daughter thinks it's the latter.)
All the Focus ST,RS and Fiesta ST guys always wave at each other! lol

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I mostly favor the well known Mr. Bean wave.

Harry's Humble Hitch

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
¬Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4x2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today I learned something new. Thanks @jonez !

Ford Maverick "The Mav Signal" (Maverick Wave) Screenshot from 2024-03-23 22-49-02

Last edited:

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I mean the OP looks like a "Hang Ten" sign to me ... from CA ..the surfers used it.
If ever confronted...just give them the love and peace signs:
🤟✌
Its a shaka brah!

Im in, ive been throwing shakas at Maverick drivers since the beginning.

Sponsored

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's no secret that we, as Maverick owners, are privileged to be in such an exclusive society. Ford still isn't cranking them out like crazy yet and the supply still has not quite met demand either.

That said: I feel compelled to salute every Maverick owner I see on my travels. I feel an unspoken camaraderie with them/you guys.

I usually end up acknowledging that by giving them what I've deemed "The Mav Signal". I just give a little🤙in passing-which, when I position my hand where my pinky and thumb are pointing upwards, it kinda looks like...you guessed it...Maverick horns! 😅

Just trying to gauge the community on this one: Is it cool 😎 or am I nuts 🤪 for doing this? (My daughter thinks it's the latter.)
Exclusivity and privilege have never been aspirational for me and even if they were, owning a Maverick wouldn't satisfy them. To each his own.

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB LUX FX4 4K CG
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I also give the 🤙🏻
But I also receive the 😡 cause I live in south Texas and they don’t care about Mav fam. Hahahaha

jcast0311

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 EB LUX FX4 4K CG
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did the same to all Mav owners I saw, but most ignored me and my wife made fun of me so I gave up!
Same. She very quick to remind me that we are not in my “hometown”.

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

X X
X. X
X. X
XXX
X

Kritas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a truck, I didn't join a cult. ;)
Sponsored