First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As I was perusing the wares of my local dealership, I noticed something about the Mavericks they had in stock (already sold) and the F-150s. The Maverick might be the only truck you can talk around. What I mean is the F-150s are so tall nowadays you cannot simply just throw your arms on the side of a truck bed and talk with your friends unless you are 6'8". The Maverick is short enough to allow those truck bed roundtable discussions.

I spent many hours just talking with my father over the bed of his 1994 F-150 and the thought of not being able to do that with a modern truck actually makes me a bit sad. The Maverick can ensure those conversations can happen with my own kids.

Again, it's those little things people don't think about until they aren't there.
Sponsored

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Try being somewhat height diminished. I don't think I could hang my arms over the bumper of one of those behemoths. I rolled up to a light and there was an 90's c10 2wd and my Mav bed height was about the same height as the c10. Man things have changed. :) Have I ever told you how much I like my Maverick

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Still waiting to be scheduled. Someone has to be last...
Well no worries. I took the moral high ground over forced Dealer Add-Ons and the clock ran down as I made it to a 3rd dealer (at MSRP, no Dealer Add-ons, but the systems were slow and there were a few folks ahead of me). So, I'm not even ordered. LOL! I keep looking though! Perhaps I'll be one of the first to place a MY2024 order.

What's funny about the Maverick is that the bed is literally ~ 7" narrower and ~7" shorter than my Frontier.. and yeah even feels ~ 7" lower. LOL! We consider a Maverick as more of a replacement for my wife's CRV than a replacement for my Frontier. Removes allot of unfavorable comparison anxiety. (note: we will get rid of both vehicles though... and it will be Maverick and a golf cart... got to love living in a place where you can drive them legally on the road for short errands).

My dad never owned a truck, despite being a manual laborer. strange, but true. so I remember a few conversations over the hood of his 73 Gran Torino... but not the trunk becuase that thing sat high and jacked up... :D

Sponsored

Tanker64

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux 360 SIBL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Try being somewhat height diminished. I don't think I could hang my arms over the bumper of one of those behemoths. I rolled up to a light and there was an 90's c10 2wd and my Mav bed height was about the same height as the c10. Man things have changed. :) Have I ever told you how much I like my Maverick
Current maverick is about the same size as an early 60's F150.... go figure

OP
OP
commadorebob

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep. And all my 45-day "missing you" emails.
Well then you can't be last....I didn't get any emails, had to call Ford Marketing just to confirm that the order was recieved.

On a second note, if you order after me 9-17-22, then you are behind me.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just had a similar revelation when I took my Maverick camping this weekend. With my old truck, a 2013 Tacoma 4x4, we basically had to climb up in the bed and unload everything at our site. With the Maverick you could just leave stuff in the bed reach in to grab what you needed, including stuff like opening the cooler and grabbing a piece of firewood out of the bundle. You could sit comfortabely on the tailgate, too. It's a subtle thing, but man it made a difference. At 53 it's no fun to have to hop up into the truck bed all the time.

Sponsored

bobbroyl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chicano Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT on order, now built 12/12/2023,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes I finally got my XLT on January 11 2024. I haven't spent much time on the Maverick Truck Club since as I have been trying to figure out all the features and mysterious things, plus how all this truck, which I love, works.
Sponsored