Noticing things

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
So I was driving along, thinking about life.

I don’t know how many of you have done this, but I found myself comparing my Grand Cherokee to the Maverick, at least on the inside. I know that the Mav has hard plastic everywhere, but it just hit me. The soft touch areas that need to be soft are soft on both, and the hard areas are the same, with the exception of the top part of the dash, but is that really important?
Everything else is the same.
Ford Maverick Noticing things A7B8A7CC-5F9D-4DF3-9E06-90480A9D9709

Like above the window controls? Hard plastic, and I put my arm there when driving.

Ford Maverick Noticing things C8055947-9C25-40EE-BD70-D28B739EF33E
Screen is the same size, touch buttons are whatever, basically interchangeable.

I don’t really know what the point of this thread is, but what I realized is that my main interior concerns about the “cheapness” of it might not be worth thinking about.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Jeep GC is no bastion of interior quality or materials. I think you're going to like the Maverick just fine.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I don’t know how many of you have done this, but I found myself comparing my Grand Cherokee to the Maverick, at least on the inside. I know that the Mav has hard plastic everywhere, but it just hit me. The soft touch areas that need to be soft are soft on both, and the hard areas are the same, with the exception of the top part of the dash, but is that really important?
A7B8A7CC-5F9D-4DF3-9E06-90480A9D9709.jpeg

Like above the window controls? Hard plastic, and I put my arm there when driving.

C8055947-9C25-40EE-BD70-D28B739EF33E.jpeg

I don’t really know what the point of this thread is, but what I realized is that my main interior concerns about the “cheapness” of it might not be worth thinking about.

Thoughts?
The funny thing is my 2008 Kia Sorento is soft touch everywhere including the dash. Impressive for a 2008 vehicle and it being a Kia.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm coming from a 2012 Ford focus and the Maverick is probably an upgrade for me in almost every department. Power train is more powerful and more efficient. More room inside. It's got a bed. My current has Ford sync (I think first generation). While there is a screen, it's only good for radio station or source type information. I can Bluetooth stream or call, but no navigation.

Some areas that I may miss, leather steering wheel, more soft touch materials, 🤷‍♂️

I think the thing I'm going to miss these most is my manual transmission. I've been driving a manual for more than 20 years and I'm sad to be giving it up, but it's time to grow up a little. In return, I'll be getting convenience and stellar economy.

Excited for the Maverick!

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the thing I'm going to miss these most is my manual transmission. I've been driving a manual for more than 20 years and I'm sad to be giving it up, but it's time to grow up a little.
You are never too old for a manual transmission. See my current cars?

The Maverick is replacing the Forte but you'll pry that Genesis from my cold dead hands.

Sponsored

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
All my “soft touch” areas are cracking or look bad 20 years laters… i don’t even care about the plastic as long as the build quality of it is good. I don’t need soft touch stuff to make it look “luxurious” i just want to get from point a to b

OP
OP
jcsan18

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
All of you bring up good points. It’s really good to notice things that don’t really matter like some of the soft touch materials. I had a Focus as well (2017) and it was a great car.

i absolutely can’t wait

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

A7B8A7CC-5F9D-4DF3-9E06-90480A9D9709.jpeg

C8055947-9C25-40EE-BD70-D28B739EF33E.jpeg

Thoughts?
For the price I'm not expecting anything fancy as long as it doesn't wear bad and is easy to clean.
"Driving along thinking about things"? You need to read 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'. Great book.

CMOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte5
@MLowe05

Did you get your Cyber Orange Maverick yet? If so, why is the color called "Cyber Orange" when every pics I see looks yellow?

CMOS (going to order a Cyber Orange 2023...)

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@MLowe05

Did you get your Cyber Orange Maverick yet? If so, why is the color called "Cyber Orange" when every pics I see looks yellow?

CMOS (going to order a Cyber Orange 2023...)
i don’t even have a build date. But I’ve seen it in person and it’s orange.