Sponsored

The dealership crashed my Maverick order.

XHusker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT AWD Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This was my nightmare when I knew it had been delivered to the dealership. No don't accept the wreck. It does seem like they should be able to do something to hurry the production up. Reak sorry to hear stories like this.

Mavrik2023

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a huge disappointment, glad to hear you are declining the one they crashed. I would be curious to see how much this dealership tries to sell this Maverick for after they get it repaired.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it was something like a scratched panel I'd consider it after it was fixed (with a discount), but that's way too much damage to that area especially. The steering components, the crumple zones on the unibody, suspension, wheel, brake, tire, radiator... all possible future issues with those parts because they got moved just that much. It might not show at first and I'm certain they are trying to get the minimal estimate of damage so they don't have to disclose it during a potential sale if you turn it down.

Big C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cecil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a new atlas blue, lariat lux, eco, AWD, BAP Maverick on 7/25/23 220 days later on 3/1/24 it was delivered to the dealer, I set up a time at 9am the next day to come buy it and at 8:30am, I got a call that an employee of the dealership was taking it to put gas in it and crashed into a Chevy Blazer driven by another employee in the parking lot.

Broken lariat BAP headlight, upper and lower bumper, side marker, fender, wheel well liner, the fender was pushed into the door, possible damage to the steering components +$6800 estimated damage to invoiced to the dealer.

I put in a new order for another Maverick, same as the one I ordered but I have no idea when it will come in.

Has anyone here had something like this happen to them? was there anyway to contact someone at Ford corporate about expediting the replacement order?
Did you have a private offer on your original order? If so you may lose that on your new order. I would call Ford corporate and see if they can direct you to the right person and see if you can get any assistance with Expediting your order, or transferring your private offer if you had one. Don't know if it's possible but if you don't ask you don't get.

Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The real key here are dealer allocations. Do they both have any? Who has more? I believe dealers can put in priority into the single digits which was new when the 2024 Maverick order banks opened. Check with @fordvideoguy for his advice.
When we were waiting for our Maverick (2022) I called Ford Customer Service (800) 334-4375 to ask for an update. I was extremely gracious on the phone and treated the rep like a human being. In the course of that conversation, she mentioned that my order was now at Priority 2 ...!! That's a number that only a regional rep can set. I honestly believe she did it while we were talking. Maybe a call to Ford Customer Service relating your situation would garner some compassion. Keep us posted!

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What a huge disappointment, glad to hear you are declining the one they crashed. I would be curious to see how much this dealership tries to sell this Maverick for after they get it repaired.
according to others who have had accidents typically the 'loss of value' even when fixed is about the cost of the repair - they will have to indicate the previous damage on the sticker - it's unlikely they'll price it at the loss of value price - but they do need to price it at some discount.

05FordGT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion Energi(lease), 2006 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford CAN get a new truck scheduled ASAP if you get ahold of the right person. Many years ago, during the launch of the 2011 5.0 Mustang, I had a whole bunch sold at the dealer (14 cars, even though I didn't have 14 allocations at first). Ford did the first ROVP (Retail Order Verification Program). A DL, signed Buyers Order and a deposit, send scans into Ford and your car got built, despite any allocation limits per dealer.

I had placed an order for a friend from my Mustang group, for a white 5.0 manual coupe. He had it less than 2 weeks when some ding-a-ling ran a light and hit him, totalling it. 🤬 He called, asking how he can get another one fast. At the time, I forwarded to him an email to the national sales & service manager (Ken Czubay). He was a brilliant person for Ford. LOVED talking to customers and hearing from them. I told him to send him photos and your story and let's hope.

Well, within a few days, I got a call from the executive office. They said to put a duplicate order in and we'll see. The NEXT day, another call I got from the central scheduling department, asking where the order was as they want to pull it for production already (they left a message). Shocked, I logged into CONCEPTS (precursor to WBDO but WAY easier).

That day they called me looking for the order, I hadn't gotten in yet for the day to put it in. They checked my order banks, lol. So I popped it in as a soon as I arrived for work (they called back to confirm ) and that Friday I had a VIN already. From the day of putting the order in to arrival to the dealer.....29 days!! 🤯🤯 I've NEVER seen anything like that. But it can happen. But sadly, Ken retired. He was so good for the customer side of sales. Did so much good.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That is sad. Sorry, to hear about the Maverick. I hope this has a great ending!
Having been the unwitting victim of a crashed vehicle i also say don’t accept it.
I bought an Aerostar that I was new. It started rusting out on the right side after 3 years. I took it to the dealership and they proceeded to tell me that I had crashed it. I didn’t even have a car wash scratch.
The gas tank was ruptured on it also.
If you take delivery of the truck you own any problems down the road.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford CAN get a new truck scheduled ASAP if you get ahold of the right person. Many years ago, during the launch of the 2011 5.0 Mustang, I had a whole bunch sold at the dealer (14 cars, even though I didn't have 14 allocations at first). Ford did the first ROVP (Retail Order Verification Program). A DL, signed Buyers Order and a deposit, send scans into Ford and your car got built, despite any allocation limits per dealer.

I had placed an order for a friend from my Mustang group, for a white 5.0 manual coupe. He had it less than 2 weeks when some ding-a-ling ran a light and hit him, totalling it. 🤬 He called, asking how he can get another one fast. At the time, I forwarded to him an email to the national sales & service manager (Ken Czubay). He was a brilliant person for Ford. LOVED talking to customers and hearing from them. I told him to send him photos and your story and let's hope.

Well, within a few days, I got a call from the executive office. They said to put a duplicate order in and we'll see. The NEXT day, another call I got from the central scheduling department, asking where the order was as they want to pull it for production already (they left a message). Shocked, I logged into CONCEPTS (precursor to WBDO but WAY easier).

That day they called me looking for the order, I hadn't gotten in yet for the day to put it in. They checked my order banks, lol. So I popped it in as a soon as I arrived for work (they called back to confirm ) and that Friday I had a VIN already. From the day of putting the order in to arrival to the dealer.....29 days!! 🤯🤯 I've NEVER seen anything like that. But it can happen. But sadly, Ken retired. He was so good for the customer side of sales. Did so much good.
That’s a great story. Glad everything worked out.

Bwicka

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick tremor/2023 maverick hybrid lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The funny thing is , no owner , no insurance claim , dealer will fix it and sell it for going price as there is no record or claim of the damage !
Tell them 10k less as is !

Jdgarrett1970

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 chevy sonic, soon 2024 maverick truck xlt ec
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I declined the first one.

I did both, ordered one from them and a different dealership, they wouldn't even talk about actual pricing on the damaged one other than all they could only give me off is $1500 to $1800 off to keep it.
If it was me , I would have told them to keep it considered that they were the ones that damaged it due to it being on the lot at that time. (As long as you didn't have a down-payment) if you did have a down-payment, ask for a refund , they have no choice but to pay you the refund.

Jeffreyd53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang GT, 08 Civic, 24 Lariat (scheduled 1/15
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I declined the first one.

I did both, ordered one from them and a different dealership, they wouldn't even talk about actual pricing on the damaged one other than all they could only give me off is $1500 to $1800 off to keep it.
So they will fix it and because it’s not titled and was on their property nobody will know it was wrecked. Things happen, I hope you are in a position to wait. I ordered 10/23 and it came 2/24 Lariat Hybrid no BAP. Sunroof. A lot faster than expected.
Sponsored