Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer got two Mavericks in last night- The cactus grey one I wanted to see was driven off already unfortunately but I did get to test drive an A51/2L/AWD/XLT.

Here is the long and the short of it- Great rig, all the dimensions, seats, storage, bed area check out as advertised but lordy that motor is noisy and just seems a bit clunky to me- Sadly probably not something I can live with - Surprised this hasn't been mentioned before... Not sure what Plan B is...

**UPDATE**

Drove a fully optioned Lariat and it was/seemed ALOT quieter than the XLT- So After the Lariat trip I then jumped into the XLT after it was warmed up and the engine was much improved as far as noise/chatter and overall engine noise in the cockpit. Are these 2.0L Ecoboost motors known for being crazy noisy/loud until being fully warmed up or ?

Back from the ledge- These trucks are legit -And the roast interior which I could not stand thru online photos is better in person. Back seat is much softer than the somewhat hard XLT back- FYI

Ford Maverick Test Drive - Maverick 2.0 / AWD **UPDATE** CG1

Ford Maverick Test Drive - Maverick 2.0 / AWD **UPDATE** CG2

Ford Maverick Test Drive - Maverick 2.0 / AWD **UPDATE** CG3

Ford Maverick Test Drive - Maverick 2.0 / AWD **UPDATE** CG4
Sponsored

Last edited:

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is the engine noise you are noticing from the outside with the hood up or inside driving? With the hood up on my Fusion (like after an oil change) it clatters quite a bit from the injectors and such. Hood down and driving it is very quiet.

OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is the engine noise you are noticing from the outside with the hood up or inside driving? With the hood up on my Fusion (like after an oil change) it clatters quite a bit from the injectors and such. Hood down and driving it is very quiet.
While driving- Like zero insulation in the firewall+ noisy motor

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Dealer got two Mavericks in last night- The cactus grey one I wanted to see was driven off already unfortunately but I did get to test drive an A51/2L/AWD/XLT.

Here is the long and the short of it- Great rig, all the dimensions, seats, storage, bed area check out as advertised but lordy that motor is noisy and just seems a bit clunky to me- Sadly probably not something I can live with - Surprised this hasn't been mentioned before... Not sure what Plan B is...
Ford Maverick Test Drive - Maverick 2.0 / AWD **UPDATE** sketch1633016396242

But in all seriousness, I have not heard it myself, so I cannot judge.

bryce

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Rapid Red First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sorry, I am the one that bought the Cactus Grey Lariat FX4.

I went down there just to see one in person and to compare the 2 trims. I have a Rapid Red First Edition on order but after seeing it and test driving it, I decided that I could not wait any longer. I could not be happier with my purchase. It is perfect for me and my needs and very comfortable.

I do not notice any engine noise, but that may be partly due to the differences in the 2 trim levels. I know the Lariat has acoustic glass and a few more creature comforts when compared to the XLT. I briefly test drove the XLT and thoroughly liked it, but as soon as I test drove the Lariat, I knew it was for me.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone in the Salt Lake area wants to see it in person, feel free to message me. I would be more than happy to meet up.
Just sent you a text :)

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would love to see it, but mine is inbound to LHM Super Ford as we speak. I probably won't be making a special trip down the hill, but if I will be heading out and about, I will let you know.

Bummed I'm not the first one in the area since I ordered it on June 11th, but I am happy for those that get to enjoy one before me.

801Mav

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf VW Alltrack
Sorry, I am the one that bought the Cactus Grey Lariat FX4.

I went down there just to see one in person and to compare the 2 trims. I have a Rapid Red First Edition on order but after seeing it and test driving it, I decided that I could not wait any longer. I could not be happier with my purchase. It is perfect for me and my needs and very comfortable.

I do not notice any engine noise, but that may be partly due to the differences in the 2 trim levels. I know the Lariat has acoustic glass and a few more creature comforts when compared to the XLT. I briefly test drove the XLT and thoroughly liked it, but as soon as I test drove the Lariat, I knew it was for me.

Awesome! I'm in Draper too, and have a build date of Oct 11th. Lariat FX4 Cactus grey as well.
I haven't seen a Maverick in person yet. It would be fun to see if you're still willing.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome! I'm in Draper too, and have a build date of Oct 11th. Lariat FX4 Cactus grey as well.
I haven't seen a Maverick in person yet. It would be fun to see if you're still willing.
Bryce let me take out his C/G Lariat- Its awesome ! Seems alot quieter than the XLT- How much does that magic windshield really do ?

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Nw_adventure

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I don’t remember any EcoBoost I’ve owned being loud like that. Then again, my Grand Cherokee does have a chatter/tap sound before it warms up. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t remember any EcoBoost I’ve owned being loud like that. Then again, my Grand Cherokee does have a chatter/tap sound before it warms up. 🤷🏻‍♂️
So does our F-150 5.0 V8. Sounds like old fashioned lifter rattle to me. When we looked at it on the lot and had hood up with engine on it was really noticeable. We decided to buy the truck after being assured it was covered for 5yr/60k miles in the event of a problem. There were a couple others and we checked under hood with them running and not as loud as ours- so I asked the sales guy to run it back to service department and let them check if it had enough oil & listen to the sound. It came back out a few minutes later and said it was fine by Ford standards and maybe was "built a little tighter" than the others :LOL: , but would certainly settle down after break in. We have about 13k on it now and a few oil changes done and it does seem a little less rattly, especially after fully warmed up.
Sponsored

Last edited: