Sponsored

Tell Me Your Ordering Experience

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I ordered my 2022 Maverick Hybrid on August 8, 2021. I called Ford Customer Service 3 weeks ago, and coincidence or not, they told me August 1 would be my production date and then I received the official email telling me that August 1 would be the production date. I can't click on the window sticker in the "Track my Vehicle Order" page, and there is no updates this week. What types of similar experiences have you guys had? This has been such a frustrating experience. I was going to cancel the order until I realized they're now selling them for $10K more than my contracted purchase price. This is just ridiculous waiting over a year for a vehicle.
Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered my truck July 15th 2021, got an email at the middle of April telling me I had a build date. Got an email May 25th saying it was build and ready to ship. Got a call from the dealer June 14th saying it was ready to pickup. Never called Ford or my dealer for updates, it wouldn't make a difference if I harassed them or not.

Just understand the whole industry is a shitshow right now and if you're not willing to wait than cancel the order and try and buy something off a lot. I waited 11 months and it was well worth the wait. I wasn't walking everywhere waiting for the truck to show up so I wasn't in a hurry. Sure I was excited but it wasn't worth the stress and anxiety to check up on it every day and get worked up because it wasn't here yet.

OP
OP
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I just called customer service again. They have pushed my build date to August 22, but this time they said it has an estimated delivery date of September 5 to the dealer. They told me this is the 4th time the order has been pushed back, so they make a "hard" build date after the 4th time. It won't get pushed again, they say... Guess I'll wait another month...

Bobinmi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mr me.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
walking and talking
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I recd my order confirmation email from fomoco on 6/10/21 at 10:45am. Recd an email on 12/1/21 from fomoco stating it was built. It arrived in Port Huron Michigan at my dealer on 12/23/21. I was very pleased with ordering and delivery experience.

Sponsored

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is going to long and not over yet so warned.

Started by asking around word of mouth about a half dozen dealers. Reached out by emails to two dealers about getting a Maverick. One just got an XL eco boost to test drive but was sold before could go there a week later. Then they asked me to come in anyways to look at my trade in.

Went with the second dealer had a better reputation and was a lot further away but had 2 eco boost. One XLT and Xl. The XLT was gone when was ready to test drive and test drove the XL. Like it a lot and talked to the salesman, which someone recommended and he asked another salesman to show me the multiple positions of the tailgate when told him wanted to order the bed extender and tonneau cover. My Salesman strongly advised against getting the tonneau cover because it would cause delays and could get one cheaper later. Did not order either (but very recently purchased from accessories.ford.com with the ACC20 20% code of and had it shipped to a New Hampshire dealer that was closer and no sales tax. My dealer's part department does not use them and was not available to chose).

A month later, mid-late Nov, got all concerned about the ROVP after listening to @fordvideoguy, this forum and Johnny Car Care and Reviews as did sign something and gave my license for a copy but not given a copy, DORA? So the sales manager sent me a text msg from his personal phone of a screen shot of the ROVP query showing my order number approved status as he was out of the office that day.

A month later after joining this forum and learning about x-plans applied for an x-plan pin. Discovered at the time not only qualified because of the stock that I owned but being a disabled veteran and belonging to the DAV. Called December 1st and asked if they accepted the x-plan and they said yes. All excited asked to give him my pin number but concern and disappointed that he did not want it and said could give it to him when the truck arrived. Same with my trade in and try Carvana, which I did.

July 11th called the customer support number and was shocked to be given a VIN, Build week and ETA since was a later October order with a Lux package. Called the dealership to tell them about my VIN and they said come in to talk when asked about the x-plan pin. He said that I did not order with the x-plan, which was true, and would have to talk with him and the owner. So before getting there had decided was most important to me and fair. So told him that knew they could not sell a lot of vehicles and was willing to give up the $700 x-plan savings if he would do the $100 doc fee, price and financing protection and match carvana/carmax price or more for my trade-in.

Gave him a list that got from this forum long ago of the invoice and MRSP prices in the beginning. Marked my options and crossed out the moon roof and use the percentage discount of the $795 to get the invoice of the $995 price. So had the invoice - 0.4% plus $275 admin fee x-plan price and mrsp price and x-planpin numbers on the sheet. Also a snapshot from @fordvideoguy video of the protected price and incentives.. He agreed and took a copy of those two pages and not the carmax and carvana quotes of my trade, which again said will do when the truck comes in.

Happy so far, if it all plays out, especially when asking why I was scheduled ahead of others with simpler builds. He told me they received the most allocation for the region..

OP
OP
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I recd my order confirmation email from fomoco on 6/10/21 at 10:45am. Recd an email on 12/1/21 from fomoco stating it was built. It arrived in Port Huron Michigan at my dealer on 12/23/21. I was very pleased with ordering and delivery experience.
Thanks for the reply. I visited Port Huron last year and I was blown away by how cold and blue the water was in mid July. Glad you got yours so expeditiously.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Stats in my signature. I moved out about 5 times. The 5th was for the unscheduled shutdown they did; so you could call it 4.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just called customer service again. They have pushed my build date to August 22, but this time they said it has an estimated delivery date of September 5 to the dealer. They told me this is the 4th time the order has been pushed back, so they make a "hard" build date after the 4th time. It won't get pushed again, they say... Guess I'll wait another month...
It won't be at your dealer Sept 5th!! If there are no shipping delays, most likely end of Sept.

buyacar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not true, mine was pushed back more than four times already. Today is supposedly the production date, but they pushed back three weeks again

Sponsored

shelleyo

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota matrix
I ordered my 2022 Maverick Hybrid on August 8, 2021. I called Ford Customer Service 3 weeks ago, and coincidence or not, they told me August 1 would be my production date and then I received the official email telling me that August 1 would be the production date. I can't click on the window sticker in the "Track my Vehicle Order" page, and there is no updates this week. What types of similar experiences have you guys had? This has been such a frustrating experience. I was going to cancel the order until I realized they're now selling them for $10K more than my contracted purchase price. This is just ridiculous waiting over a year for a vehicle.

Everyone is frustrated. I'm a sales person and it's equally frustrating . Who new the world would change as we knew it. Parts are back ordered,etc. etc. I waited a year for my Maverick. It's worth the wait.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
My experience went the same and even the dates line up pretty close with your experience.

Ordered Mav on 6/24/21 and received confirmation email the same day. Email was sent on 10/21/21 with a production date of 12/13/21. Vehicle went into production on 12/24/21 with an ETA of delivery on 1/14/22. Vehicle arrived at dealer on 1/24/22 and was purchased on 1/26/22.

I was also very pleased with the entire process. The ordering manager at my dealership did it right and I was kept in the loop the whole time not only from the Ford emails but also by the dealership I ordered from.

The process went so smooth that later this August I'm going back to the same dealer to order a 2023 Mustang Mach-E GT.

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Day I ordered mine was the best day. Been a cluster ever since ;)

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Built my Maverick on line. Printed out build sheet. Went to dealer handed to salesman. Done

Still waiting like so many others.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My order is a XL Hybrid CP360, hitch, and spray-in bedliner.

Ordered on 09/06/2021
Order confirmed on 03/18/2022; VIN was assigned... Yet, not scheduled for production
Production scheduled for the week of 05/30/2022 on 05/13/2022
Production rescheduled for the week of 06/13/2022 on 06/06/2022 => didn't find out they missed the scheduled production date until the week after :)
Production rescheduled for the week of 06/20/2022 on 06/15/2022
Production rescheduled for the week of 07/04/2022 on 06/28/2022
Produced on 07/07/2022
Shipped on 07/08/2022
Arrived at the rail yard in Mira Loma CA (31-miles from the dealership) on 07/13/2022 with expected delivery at the dealer by 07/23/2022.
Received a revised dealership delivery between 08/02-08/08 on 07/26/2022.
It is 08/03/2022 and the Maverick is still sitting at the rail yard -- where it has been since 07/13 -- and no word yet when a truck will be able to pick it up and bring it the 31-miles to the dealership. I offered to pay to have a flatbed go pick it up and bring it to the dealer. It still belongs to Ford - not the dealership - until it arrives at the dealer and is released to them.
Sponsored