Not open for further replies.

daskew

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia, sedona
I ordered my Maverick on Aug 9 2021, at that time I was told by the dealer that the FWD with the 4K tow package had long lead times and I should consider the AWD. He even showed me the order screen with the warning symbol, so I opted to add the extra +2k for the AWD. Estimated build date would be November / December at the worst.
Around the beginning of Sept - I read that Ford was no longer accepting orders with FWD and 4K tow package and all existing orders were upgrade free of charge... Contacted my dealer - nothing they could do - I already ordered the AWD ....
On November 9 with no build date in sight - I added the XLT luxury package. Since I had already had the soft cover, Spray in bed liner and a couple other options via ala cart the luxury was a minimal add in cost.
Started calling dealer at the end of November to ask for estimated build - could not get anyone to call back - started calling ford directly. I was told at that time the spray in bed liner was the hold up and Ford was seeking other sources for the shortage. I was told this same story over and over (called every 2 weeks) from December to March.
In January, frustrated by my dealer - I spoke to sales manager and told him I was upset by the lack of communication, he promised updates ever 2 weeks. So every 2 weeks I get a call from my sales person saying absolutely nothing ... no update/have no idea when it would be built.
on March 8 I go am update email from Ford - stating I am heading to production soon and and will get an email. April 8 I finally got a VIN number and a build week of May 3. Then on April 14, got another email stating build date was moved to May 9. I called Ford and was told - yep you guessed it the spray in bed liner was the issue.
While looking at the ford tracker app and the accessories with the truck - I noticed the bed was changed to a drop-in. I went back and sure enough the bed liner was changed in the luxury package around November 4....I call Ford and opened a case about this - asking why I was told for 6months that the hold up was the spray in bed liner... also the difference in cost between the bed liners is 120$. I also called my dealer to complain. I was given a case number.
Called this week May 14 to find out why I have gotten no updates on the case and where the truck build email was .... I was told they have no case number and the truck is still not built! - it supposedly went to production on May 6, but was put on hold May 14! with no reason why.
I again opened a case and am awaiting a call back.
THis has been the worst experience of buying a car or dealing with a manufacturer I have ever had. I will surely never order another ford as I am tortured by thier commercials daily on how I should pre-order my ford vehicle to get priority status...
Sponsored

Deleted member 1483

Nothing to update if there is nothing to update. I should call my dealer (who will be told nothing by ford) for them to remind me we have no information on when it will be scheduled? As long as the order was placed properly, the truck will show up. Adding features later on was probably a mistake though.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.