Sponsored

Teamsters will honor UAW strike (No Deliveries)

whizwart

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order placed for a 2024 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't seen this an here,, but at least on paper, Mexican truckers can enter the US. Now that policy has seesawed all over the place from administration to administration , but I'd bet if Ford wants to get the product moved, they will figure out a way.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven't seen this an here,, but at least on paper, Mexican truckers can enter the US. Now that policy has seesawed all over the place from administration to administration , but I'd bet if Ford wants to get the product moved, they will figure out a way.
yep that would be the $3500 delivery option lol

TyPope

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Better get the price locked in now. If they get what they are asking for the raise will be passed on to us the customer. I get what they are doing. I am a union steamfitter and won't be crossing and lines but If ford raises prices anymore I will have to look for other auto makers I refuse to pay premium price for mid style vehicles.
Ford averages $3,130 per vehicle in labor costs. I suppose if the UAW gets their way, those costs will go up maybe 40%? On a $80k truck, that's not too bad. On a $25k truck, it'll be a chunk.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Ford averages $3,130 per vehicle in labor costs. I suppose if the UAW gets their way, those costs will go up maybe 40%? On a $80k truck, that's not too bad. On a $25k truck, it'll be a chunk.
That's an increase of 1.6% and 5% respectively.

Alternatively, Ford could lower the stock buyback activity, or the dividend paid quarterly. Oh wait... never mind... vehicle cost increase it is...😏

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The starting wage at GM in Kansas City is $16.67. Even if they got a 10% raise the first year of the contract that only raises them to $18.33. The UAW made major concessions in 2008, and workers were promised they'd be made whole again when the companies became profitable.

The long and short of it is that employees got screwed and they are mad about it. It's not so bad if everyone is sacrificing from top to bottom. But that's not what's happening. The big 3 are making record profits and spent 5 billion in stock buybacks just in the past year, a tactic that often used to increase executive pay.

I've waited so long for my Maverick to be delivered I don't care if it takes a little longer. Especially if it helps a just cause.

Sponsored

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess another obstacle is thrown at my taking possession of my maverick
Truck on train…. Strike looms
Earl, now with the UAW/Teamsters up in arms, I know exactly how you feel. Like Rosanne Rosannadanna said, "if it ain't one thin', it's somethin' else." I ordered my basic XL in June 2021. My dealer was on the ball and punched my order in right away. I waited 6 months before I received my VIN. During that time, there were horror stories on this forum about options being deal breakers because of no chips. Then, my dealer called to tell me that the mud guards would be a deal breaker. FOUR SCREWS a deal breaker? Well, after popping a lot of nitroglycerine pills, my truck arrived April 30, 2022. I love my truck. I had the dealer put in spray bed liner the day it arrived, and I just ordered some BBS wheels. I found a great source for a CD player and am "installing" (one USB hookup and 2-sided tape) it today. HANG IN THERE, BRO, IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!!!!

Ballbearing

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Gee, The UAW ONLY wants a 46% wage increase. I was once in the UAW, not that I ever wanted to be, and the company I worked for shut down in August, 33 years ago. Hunting seasons start opening up in September, so they are in no hurry to get back to work. Figure out how much a new Ford, GM or Chevy vehicle, made under UAW contract, will cost in the future.
Those Union guys are already making three times what the average factory worker gets. Theu Unions are only about more money, more money. that is why so many of our vehicles are coming from overseas.

Proud2BUnion

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Mustang GT Convertible 2021 Honda Pilot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Those Union guys are already making three times what the average factory worker gets. Theu Unions are only about more money, more money. that is why so many of our vehicles are coming from overseas.
Maybe three times the wages of a Chinese factory slave...

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The teamsters said they wouldn’t cross picket lines. What's all the commotion? smdh

Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
It's a battle between the workers and the corporations, one want's more money and the other wants more profit. When more profit available somewhere else, the corporation will move, like Ford did with the Maverick. To their credit, they did pass along some of the labor cost saving into the price of the Maverick...

https://take-profit.org/en/statistics/wages/mexico/

Note the name in the URL... It's an uphill battle for the UWA...

johnny99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick lariat awd 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don't mess with the union men and women in Toledo. Toledo has a long, ugly labor history.

surfstar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Dagnabbit - you gotta work yer 6 days a week and I don't wanna hear anymore about "safety" - you still gots a few fingers left!"

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe three times the wages of a Chinese factory slave...
that's whats great about this country, @Ballbearing can say whatever pops into his head whether it's a bald faced lie or a simple exaggeration,
Sponsored

Last edited: