Sponsored

TAVDAT Electric Sunshade – Update After Using It for a While

David Jones

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
David
Joined
Dec 2, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
Williamsburg, Va.
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Thanks Joaquin, this is exactly what I have been looking for. I saw one advertised several weeks ago, that was made for a Lexis and I was hoping to find one for my Maverick. I really hate having to deal with the folded one I have now. Especially when my wife is in the truck with me.

So give me the details. How is it mounted on your dash? How is it connected to power?

I have already ordered one for my Maverick and will probably order one for my wife'c Honda CR-V s well.
I have installed the shade and I love it! the instructions could have been clearer and ten button needs a power light. So you always know when it is on. I have already ordered one for my wife's Honda CRV.
Sponsored

 

Retro1

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
129
Reaction score
170
Location
Inverness, FL
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick hybrid; 2023 RAV4 hybrid; 1970 Cougar 351C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How have the suction thingys held up? Here in Fl the suction cups on my much smaller and lighter toll pass only stays put on the Maverick a day or so.. Yet on my 150 and 250 (rip) I need to break the seal to get it let go. And yes I cleaned the Mavericks windshield..
Presumably a toll pass or similar would have to be removed for this to work?
For what it's worth (unless you have something special) - I'm not sure the transponder is necessary anymore in FL. I don't even know where my transponder presently is; it's all toll by plate now.
 

Cancunbadlands

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Cancun
Joined
Jul 5, 2025
Threads
7
Messages
5,109
Reaction score
5,618
Location
Cancun
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Thanks Joaquin
 

SDFF

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Oct 3, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
47
Reaction score
10
Location
san diego
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea definitely a Chinese brand, like everything else lol. I have not had any problems and have been rocking it for a while. Obviously reviews are nice to have but I dont think me personally at least, have left a review on a small website like that normally most i would ever post on would be here or Amazon.
I watched one video on their website where the feet were both on the dash, and another video on their website where one foot was on the dash, and the other on the A-post, providing lateral pressure. Which way did you mount it?
 
OP
OP
Joaquin F

Joaquin F

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Joaquin
Joined
Jun 10, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
421
Reaction score
885
Location
LA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I watched one video on their website where the feet were both on the dash, and another video on their website where one foot was on the dash, and the other on the A-post, providing lateral pressure. Which way did you mount it?
Both feet on the dash
 

Sponsored

Blue_Max

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,998
Reaction score
4,918
Location
Orlando, FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT AWD, 2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 1995 Mustang GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For what it's worth (unless you have something special) - I'm not sure the transponder is necessary anymore in FL. I don't even know where my transponder presently is; it's all toll by plate now.
You pay a higher rate with toll by plate than you do with a transponder.
 

mjac

2.5L Hybrid
Member
First Name
mike
Joined
Jun 7, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
Florida
Vehicle(s)
26 hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For what it's worth (unless you have something special) - I'm not sure the transponder is necessary anymore in FL. I don't even know where my transponder presently is; it's all toll by plate now.
I have nothing special, just a transponder for Florida toll roads, bridges, airport parking lots, etc. and also works in several other states.. These other states will and DO recognize the transponder. These states are NOT so configured to read and bill via my Florida plate. Thus my transponder rides on the windshield full time and my manually installed sunshade works just fine.
Apparently the sort of automatic windshield sunshade discussed here will not accommodate the use of a stick on toll transponder? My original question btw.

PS, if you go the FL plate reader route (no pun), you are paying more than using the Fl transponder you already (bought and paid for) have.
 

Retro1

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
129
Reaction score
170
Location
Inverness, FL
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick hybrid; 2023 RAV4 hybrid; 1970 Cougar 351C
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You pay a higher rate with toll by plate than you do with a transponder.
Now that's interesting; I was once told that if you have an account (and mine is auto reload) that you did not need the transponder in the active vehicle - no one said there was an "upcharge". I can't confirm it on the website, but I have submitted an inquiry. Thanks for the "head's up".
 

Blue_Max

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 31, 2024
Threads
14
Messages
1,998
Reaction score
4,918
Location
Orlando, FL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT AWD, 2001 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, 1995 Mustang GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that's interesting; I was once told that if you have an account (and mine is auto reload) that you did not need the transponder in the active vehicle - no one said there was an "upcharge". I can't confirm it on the website, but I have submitted an inquiry. Thanks for the "head's up".
My statement was based on not having an account. No SunPass, ePass, whatever, means a higher rate. And I don't think you can pay cash (also a higher rate) anywhere in the state now.
 
Sponsored
OP
OP
Joaquin F

Joaquin F

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Joaquin
Joined
Jun 10, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
421
Reaction score
885
Location
LA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
OK. Did you see the videos on the TavDat website? Check them out, LMK what you think.
Can you send video link?
 

Big-Foot

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Apr 12, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
87
Reaction score
187
Location
Midlothian Texas
Vehicle(s)
1933 Ford Tudor / 1997 F150 / 2026 Maverick Hybrid AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m curious if the retracted shade obscures the automatic headlight sensor.
 

AF Blue

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 5, 2023
Threads
13
Messages
579
Reaction score
817
Location
US
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
Undecided
Clubs
 
/windshield/sensor/---2inches--/autoamtic sunshade
Any effect on defrost ?

I like the concept, but would prefer a manual unit (less to break, lower cost?).

I am still using a set of <$20 collapsible shades that fit in between center console and passenger seat.
Sponsored

 
 







Top