First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Brother got me this. Gotta figure where it should go.
20210915_091956.jpg
I got an all black one for my Cyber Orange build. I'm going to place it exactly where the Hybrid emblem goes on the back left tailgate. Directly opposite of the AWD emblem. And then I am going to black out my AWD emblem too. And change out to black Ford badges. Should go great with Cyber Orange and my black wheels.
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BTW, the irony that right after reading this thread, I found a youtube video where they not only did the lettering on the back like was talked about, but they also put lettering on the front.

Ford is the one that actually invented that with the Land Rover and then Explorer and what not. Might be an option to put MAVERICK up on the front hood like they did with this Santa Cruz:
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE Screenshot 2021-09-19 071910

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE Screenshot 2021-09-19 071658

It does bring up a point that it seems to be more noticeable on a light colored vehicle.

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
BTW, the irony that right after reading this thread, I found a youtube video where they not only did the lettering on the back like was talked about, but they also put lettering on the front.

Ford is the one that actually invented that with the Land Rover and then Explorer and what not. Might be an option to put MAVERICK up on the front hood like they did with this Santa Cruz:
Screenshot 2021-09-19 071910.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-19 071658.jpg

It does bring up a point that it seems to be more noticeable on a light colored vehicle.
Wouldn’t work that great in Florida with all the love bugs. Cleaning the front end is bad enough but to have to dig all the bug guts out of the lettering would be a pain.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn’t work that great in Florida with all the love bugs. Cleaning the front end is bad enough but to have to dig all the bug guts out of the lettering would be a pain.
Take soaking wet towel, lay it over the letters where bugs are, let it sit for 5 mins, remove towel and spray it with a modest pressure electric pressure washer before washing car. The wet towel should turn them into soft jelly and the water spray it away contactless.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Screenshot 2021-09-19 071910.jpg

Screenshot 2021-09-19 071658.jpg

Interesting. I might like this. Not sure yet.

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. I might like this. Not sure yet.
I'm at in-laws, but if someone else wants to photoshop here's a good front on picture to test what lettering would look like:
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 2022-Ford-Maverick-Hybrid-XLT-Front-Fascia

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm at in-laws, but if someone else wants to photoshop here's a good front on picture to test what lettering would look like:
2022-Ford-Maverick-Hybrid-XLT-Front-Fascia.jpg
New to photoshop but here ya go!
Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE 951523FF-D35F-4B59-A5F8-4C99D01474EE

hahahahahaha. But I can see that black would look pretty cool.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lemee take those crayons from you before you start eating them...
2022-Ford-Maverick-Hybrid-XLT-Front-Fascia.jpg

Maybe the font should be thinner or spaced out, but you get the gist.
Hahahaha. I don’t have any paint chips left! Haha.

I have zero computer skills but I can give input, nicely of course. I’d say spread them out so the M and K start and end at the black of the grill. My 2 cents.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the decal improve gas mileage ,performance, put the re-sale value through the roof ? If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to get a Maverick cover up tailgate decal …I would get reflective red hopefully to slow down on rear end drivers and be more visible. Another question do they still sell the flame decals at Walmart ?
I think Walmart will always sell flame decals!! 🤣

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree about badges I wonder if I could fill it in with Bondo ?
This is BY FAR my favorite. Hoping to find someone that will have this material in Maverick lettering.
I have a buddy who did my Harley (the one in the pictures). I bought the polished stainless steel letters from Ford Accessory and once I have them I'll ship them to my buddy to use as a template so he can start making "Maverick" vinyl letters. Once he's done with the stainless steel letters I'll just sell them.
My Mav is going to be CGM so I'm going with the same color of vinyl as my Harley, a dark gray that "pops" when the light hits them. It's the same stuff used on First Responder emergency vehicles.
Sponsored