Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Have never understood de-badging. :unsure:
The Manufacturers do NOT pay you to advertise their brand or model. The Dealerships do not pay you for advertising their dealership on your vehicle.

I retired in 2019 and needed a hobby. So I took up detailing my vehicles and keeping them nice. I absolutely hate having to clean around the lettering on the vehicle so I debadge and it makes it so much easier. You can buff the vehicle without having a torn pad.

The good thing is if you have a nice looking vehicle, everyone will ask, what type of truck is that. So I do it to make detailing easier and unless you know the vehicle style no one knows what you drive. Thus the Manufacturers don't get credit and Dealerships don't make money.

That's MY THOUGHTS as to why I debadge.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You seem to hate the people who bring you the product you so desire :unsure:

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
You seem to hate the people who bring you the product you so desire :unsure:
No, not really. I like the product but why should I advertise FOR THEM? They have a marketing budget, if they want to pay me to market their product then knock some money off for let's say a 5 year term.

I truly believe that is why they have gone to stamping the brand/model in the tailgate. Unless you cut the metal out and weld a blank piece in or use body filler, there isn't a way to debadge it.

Haven't you ever seen a great looking vehicle and wondered what it was? I have a bunch of times.

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a buddy who did my Harley (the one in the pictures). I bought the polished stainless steel letters from Ford Accessory and once I have them I'll ship them to my buddy to use as a template so he can start making "Maverick" vinyl letters. Once he's done with the stainless steel letters I'll just sell them.
My Mav is going to be CGM so I'm going with the same color of vinyl as my Harley, a dark gray that "pops" when the light hits them. It's the same stuff used on First Responder emergency vehicles.
Sign me up for a set! I’m CGM as well.

Sponsored

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, not really. I like the product but why should I advertise FOR THEM? They have a marketing budget, if they want to pay me to market their product then knock some money off for let's say a 5 year term.

I truly believe that is why they have gone to stamping the brand/model in the tailgate. Unless you cut the metal out and weld a blank piece in or use body filler, there isn't a way to debadge it.

Haven't you ever seen a great looking vehicle and wondered what it was? I have a bunch of times.
I just figured it was someone who was not happy with what they were driving. Things like bumper and taillight shape say a lot as to what that vehicle is.

I accidentally de-badged my 1991 Toyota PU. Washed the truck on a near freezing morning and ice blasted the Toyota lettering off with the hi pressure spray wand. Once some came off, the rest was removed.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have never understood de-badging. :unsure:
The only time I've understood de-badging is TV or Movies because they don't to pay that company because their vehicle is in the show or some motorcycle riders that don't want people to easily identify what they are riding. The only thing I've ever done that's like de-badging is taking off the dealership sticker, badge or whatever else they think I'll ride around with on my car advertising their dealership for free! Not gonna happen!! 😡 🤣 🤣

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im thinking about doing mine in Orange! …and also some very thin line pinstripe on sides of Maverick. I’m getting Cactus Grey.
Will look good. I have Orange and black graphics on my 2013 Sterling Gray Metallic Mustang.

Sponsored