Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I would do silver letters on an Alto Blue Lariat.

The grille bars on your Lariat will be silver, so adding silver letters to the rear would tie the front/rear together. I think it'd be a nice contrast too.
I thought that exact same thing and even told my wife what you had said. The ONLY problem with that is I HATE chrome. So it may work as I'm not sure how I'll de-chrome the front grille yet.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would do silver letters on an Alto Blue Lariat.

The grille bars on your Lariat will be silver, so adding silver letters to the rear would tie the front/rear together. I think it'd be a nice contrast too.
I ordered the Bright wheels so I was thinking the ss/silver might look better on mine.

2022MAVERICKAWDCT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK XLT AWD FX4 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would order the chrome colored letters for your tailgate and keep ALL of those badges because everything will match up fine.

Yes, I ordered black colored letters for my velocity blue/FX4 tailgate.
How about fillin' em' in with that plasti-dip stuff! Them young folk put that stuff on everything! I'm leaving them "as-is"....I don't want to advertise I was dumb enough to buy a Maverick in the first place! :D

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered the Bright wheels so I was thinking the ss/silver might look better on mine.
I believe the Black Painted wheels have silver on them as well. So MAYBE the silver lettering ties it all together. But I HATE chrome!!!

My thoughts currently is to go with the subdued color with the brightness when light hits it. Thinking of either the Red or the Gray (like on the saddle bag)

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE Vinyls (2)

Ford Maverick Tailgate lettering on ALTO BLUE Vinyls (3)

Credit to @Delzona for pictures of his bike

Sponsored

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe the Black Painted wheels have silver on them as well. So MAYBE the silver lettering ties it all together. But I HATE chrome!!!

My thoughts currently is to go with the subdued color with the brightness when light hits it. Thinking of either the Red or the Gray (like on the saddle bag)

Vinyls (2).jpg

Vinyls (3).jpg

Credit to @Delzona for pictures of his bike
I kind of like it painted anyways. I really think I will wait to see it on another truck. The black lettering was my first choice because it would stand out a little on Alto and not much at night.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
How about fillin' em' in with that plasti-dip stuff! Them young folk put that stuff on everything! I'm leaving them "as-is"....I don't want to advertise I was dumb enough to buy a Maverick in the first place! :D
Nope, I will stick with the OEM overpriced stickers;)

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Okay, this will be the first time I have an embossed tailgate that you can't debadge. Part of me says don't highlight it. The other part says it looks cool with the lettering a different color, but that defeats debadging.

I'll admit, I'm color blind and I'm not able to mix colors all that well. So, I a couple questions for all the Alto Blue buyers:

1. Will you be putting the vinyl lettering in the tailgate imprint to highlight the MAVERICK name?

2. If so, what color vinyl will you put with the Alto Blue?

3. If, not, why not? I only ask because I ALWAYS debadge my vehicles and I can't on this one.

FYI: Thinking about replacing the Ford Oval with an American Flag Oval WITHOUT the Ford name.
The wife thinks the lettering should be Red.

1631567930412.png
Nope, like the stock look.

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm leaving it as is. I paid hundreds of dollars extra for that blue and I want to see every penny of it. đź’°đź’¸
I like your thought process.

Sponsored

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will the decal improve gas mileage ,performance, put the re-sale value through the roof ? If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to get a Maverick cover up tailgate decal …I would get reflective red hopefully to slow down on rear end drivers and be more visible. Another question do they still sell the flame decals at Walmart ?

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Think outside the box while thinking INside the box.
Do what YOU like debadger.
Get the letters filled in and the tailgate painted Alto Blue.
If I was a debadger, that’s exactly what I would do. Put your big boy pants on and make it the way you like!
I like that but not sure what that would cost. I've been reminded a few times on the forum that we have a $30K truck. Do you really want to accessorize it more than the truck is worth? Will the colors really match? I've had too many paint jobs that never look right. But I have been thinking about this.

OP
OP
SgtLip

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will the decal improve gas mileage ,performance, put the re-sale value through the roof ? If someone put a gun to my head and forced me to get a Maverick cover up tailgate decal …I would get reflective red hopefully to slow down on rear end drivers and be more visible. Another question do they still sell the flame decals at Walmart ?
You're right, it adds NO value to the truck. And my hobby in retirement is detailing my vehicles. The letters will be a bitch to keep clean. As for red and bright at night, that is why, to make sure I'm seen.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think any dark paint is begging for chrome lettering, especially Alto blue.

I'm unsure what would go well with my area 51 though. Some days I think matte black, other days I think chrome, then i also think black reflective too.

I have to much time on my hands.