Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a 49" tailgate LED light bar before the truck arrived. Before I started installing it today, I plugged it into the trailer plugin and noticed that the turn signals (on the light bar) hyperflash. (The truck's turn signals work OK.)
The light bar's 'tail light' function works but the brake light function does not. The truck's tail light's and brake lights work fine. I have OEM bulbs in all fixtures.

I've asked the manufacturer for a solution but I was hoping someone here would have run into the same issue and solved it already.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks ahead of time. . . .
Sponsored

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
might need to hardwire/splice it into the tail light harness, I've heard people having issues by plugging into the trailer hook up for lightbars.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a 49" tailgate LED light bar before the truck arrived. Before I started installing it today, I plugged it into the trailer plugin and noticed that the turn signals (on the light bar) hyperflash. (The truck's turn signals work OK.)
The light bar's 'tail light' function works but the brake light function does not. The truck's tail light's and brake lights work fine. I have OEM bulbs in all fixtures.

I've asked the manufacturer for a solution but I was hoping someone here would have run into the same issue and solved it already.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks ahead of time. . . .
There was someone who plugged in a lighted fixture into his receiver and powered with the 4 pin trailer plug. He had to wire in a change into the ground. Maybe you can search and find his thread. But as I remember when the 4pin plug is used the truck verifies that your trailer is wired correctly and the hyper flash is notification that trailer is not wired correctly. I do not know but suspect that your light bar needs a ground wire return to the 4 pin ground connection to pass. Also be sure that the left/right/brake wires are hooked to your light bar just like it's a trailer. Also be aware that doing this MIGHT AND I EXPECT WILL affect drive modes and any proximity sensors/or ? That may be turned off as the truck will think there is a trailer back there? Good luck!

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plugged mine into the 4 pin hitch connection and while it worked perfectly, the computer thought I had a trailer and disconnected some of the CP360 warning signs like blind spot and cross traffic warning. Someone here posted a uhaul video on installing wiring for the uhaul hitch, and now the light strip works as well as all the CP360 warnings.
Sponsored