First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Has anyone done this on new Fords? Don't feel like paying CAD 3300 for a heated wheel and heated seats that I could mod myself
Sponsored

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone done this on new Fords? Don't feel like paying CAD 3300 for a heated wheel and heated seats that I could mod myself
Good luck (y)
Every time I try to save a buck like this it usually cost me more.

bschurman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat, 1961 VW bug
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most likely not easy at all and also potentially very dangerous given the airbag right there. Also, don't forget to include your time in the money calculation. IMHO, the opportunity cost is too high to do it yourself. Also, you get more things for that $3300 beyond the heated seats and wheel. Click the button and get what you want right from the factory and get a warranty with it.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Good luck (y)
Every time I try to save a buck like this it usually cost me more.
It's all about risk vs reward right? 😄

Is cost of let's say leather wheel from ford parts + adapter + forscan + whatever else =< 3300 - all the other stuff I don't want? If yes then proceed

Sponsored

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Most likely not easy at all and also potentially very dangerous given the airbag right there. Also, don't forget to include your time in the money calculation. IMHO, the opportunity cost is too high to do it yourself. Also, you get more things for that $3300 beyond the heated seats and wheel. Click the button and get what you want right from the factory and get a warranty with it.
Yea I figured transfering the airbag over would be the trickier part

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're wanting to do it stock style the hardest/most expensive part will likely be getting the HVAC module with the switches. Unless you want to wait until some get wrecked to be parted out you're going to have to be ordering it from Ford.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked the link regarding the heated steering wheel upgrade. If I were to guess, I'd say he probably spent close to $50 on the parts.
The F-150 link? That parts list they provide is more like $1065 with the jobber discount rate I have with the local dealer.

Art Vandelay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if it's DIY type of work but there are definitely after market seat heaters available. In the U.S. anyway there are shops that can install them but it's not Ford OEM heated seats. It's usually available at places that install remote starters and stereo equipment. I would bet it's available in Canada if that's something you were interested in looking into.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep more things for That $3300 that you really don't need. But I can install my own leather wrap steering wheel bill and I set a seat covers from katskin. And get exactly what I want

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know if it's DIY type of work but there are definitely after market seat heaters available. In the U.S. anyway there are shops that can install them but it's not Ford OEM heated seats. It's usually available at places that install remote starters and stereo equipment. I would bet it's available in Canada if that's something you were interested in looking into.
Its available in both. He was asking about steering wheel heat though right? Seat heat is a much simpler topic.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you found an answer to this? I noticed how old this thread is lol for me i decided i would either pay someone to swap the steering wheel for heat and leather, or just leather wrap it myself and live without the wheel heat… which pains me… but its 60 dollars vs much more
Sponsored