First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Have you found an answer to this? I noticed how old this thread is lol for me i decided i would either pay someone to swap the steering wheel for heat and leather, or just leather wrap it myself and live without the wheel heat… which pains me… but its 60 dollars vs much more
Lol no answer, I've since bought a different car but still check out these forums.... someone got cruise control working by swapping wheels with an escape, maybe heated works the same way too?
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Have you found an answer to this? I noticed how old this thread is lol for me i decided i would either pay someone to swap the steering wheel for heat and leather, or just leather wrap it myself and live without the wheel heat… which pains me… but its 60 dollars vs much more
Pretty pricey thing to do. You need the following items to make this work:

Heated steering wheel $250 used if you're lucky
Clockspring $200 New
HVAC Controls $100 used
Total $550 if you're lucky

Add into the fact that your wiring harness might not even have the correct wiring from the HVAC controls to the clockspring so you may even need to add your own wiring in there.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wear gloves? Put a heating pad on the seat and plug it into an inverter?

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clockspring $200 New
Do you know the part# for the clockspring to enable the heated steering wheel on an XL Hybrid? I can get the HVAC module, just not sure about the clockspring.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Do you know the part# for the clockspring to enable the heated steering wheel on an XL Hybrid? I can get the HVAC module, just not sure about the clockspring.
I do not, I would find a Maverick with known heated steering wheel, get the VIN and plug it into the Ford Parts site and see what comes up for clockspring. Also, I would check a wiring diagram to see if your Mav even has wiring for heated wheel, otherwise it's mostly a moot point.

mesajoejoe

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not, I would find a Maverick with known heated steering wheel, get the VIN and plug it into the Ford Parts site and see what comes up for clockspring. Also, I would check a wiring diagram to see if your Mav even has wiring for heated wheel, otherwise it's mostly a moot point.
Which Ford Parts site are you referring to because I cannot find a site with Maverick clock spring information. I did find a clock spring part # for the Escape with heated steering wheel GN1Z-14A664-E which shows compatible with a number of vehicles including the Bronco Sport So I'm guess this is the one. I suppose I could go to a Ford Dealership even if I hate going there.

Now as for the wiring diagram and whether or not swapping the clockspring would even work, anyone have a wiring diagram lol?
Sponsored