First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas Blue 2024 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking for suggestions or recommendations.

In September of 2022 I ordered a Maverick Lariat Hybrid with the Luxury package.

Judging from the information I had at the time, I figured it would be at least fall of 2023 before I'd get it (turns out, maybe December...)

So, at the dealership where I ordered it (Long McArthur in Salina KS) an XLT Hybrid with Luxury Package became available, so in February of this year, I bought it.

Now, I have an actual build start date for the Lariat I ordered. Scheduled to begin 8 December.

So...what to do with the XLT? It is pretty much perfect condition, with 9,600 miles on it.

I made an appointment with Carmax tomorrow to see what they'll give me.

Carvana's offer was about $25,500, but I think I can do better.

KBB says it's worth over $30,000.

If I sell it outright, I will have to pay Sales Tax on the full amount when buying the new one (here in Kansas about 9+ % )

If I trade it in for the new one, I will pay less in Kansas Sales Tax because I'll only be taxed on the difference in price between the two. But I don't know what trade-in values are bringing.

I reached out to the sales team at Long McArthur to see if they can give me an idea of what I might get on trade-in. We'll see where that goes.

Suggestions?
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

In September of 2022 I ordered a Maverick Lariat Hybrid with the Luxury package.

Judging from the information I had at the time, I figured it would be at least fall of 2023 before I'd get it (turns out, maybe December...)

So, at the dealership where I ordered it (Long McArthur in Salina KS) an XLT Hybrid with Luxury Package became available, so in February of this year, I bought it.

Now, I have an actual build start date for the Lariat I ordered. Scheduled to begin 8 December.

So...what to do with the XLT? It is pretty much perfect condition, with 9,600 miles on it.

If I sell it outright, I will have to pay Sales Tax on the full amount when buying the new one (here in Kansas about 9+ % )

If I trade it in for the new one, I will pay less in Kansas Sales Tax because I'll only be taxed on the difference in price between the two. But I don't know what trade-in values are bringing.

I reached out to the sales team at Long McArthur to see if they can give me an idea of what I might get on trade-in. We'll see where that goes.

Suggestions?
Carvana's offer of $25,500 is excessively low !!!

Carvana paid me $31,404 for my 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid with 9,269 miles on it.

My truck had no LUX package and only has these added on options: 400W Power Outlet in the Cabin, Manual Rear Sliding Window, Co-Pilot 360 and a Hard Drop-In Bedliner.

I would check with Vroom and other online car buying companies.

Also you can take your current Maverick to the dealership that your new Maverick is being delivered to and have them give you a current trade-in price.

The dealer gave me and offer but it was $2,507.12 less than Carvana's offer even taking in the sales tax savings.

This is the results of trading in my MY22 and selling outright to one of the online companies:

I had Carvana, Vroom, CarMax, KBB and the AutoNation Dealership where my MY23 Maverick is being delivered later this month make offers on buying/trading-in my MY22 Maverick XLT Hybrid.

These were the offers I received from worst to best:

The absolute worst: KBB offer of $27,420
2nd worst: CarMax: $28,500
Middle: AutoNation: $27,250 + $1,646.88 tax savings = $28,896.88
2nd Best: Vroom: $29,896
Best: Carvana: $31,404

Carvana was $1,508 higher than the next best offer (Vroom) and $3,984 higher than the worst (KBB)

The AutoNation Dealership offer of "$27,250 + $1,646.88 sales tax savings = $28,896.88" was overall $2,507.12 worst than the Carvana offer even considering the sales tax savings.
Ford Maverick Suggestions - Sell or Trade In Maverick Carvana XLT Maverick Hybrid 2023-08-24.JPG

OP
OP
TimBru99

TimBru99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also you can take your current Maverick to the dealership that your new Maverick is being delivered to and have them give you a current trade-in price.
Unfortunately, Long McArthur is about a 3-1/2 hour drive away. I'm hoping we can do something that doesn't require me to drive there. And I probably need to have this decision made before the new one arrives.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, Long McArthur is about a 3-1/2 hour drive away. I'm hoping we can do something that doesn't require me to drive there. And I probably need to have this decision made before the new one arrives.
Have you tried contacted them about your situation.

Maybe they could offer a solution that would help you.

OP
OP
TimBru99

TimBru99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Vroom's online price was $25,366

Sponsored

OP
OP
TimBru99

TimBru99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you tried contacted them about your situation.

Maybe they could offer a solution that would help you.
I sent them an email this morning. I might call later today.

ilikebike

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid HPR w/ BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you have a private offer for the MY24? If your trade in is good enough and that private offer brings if down I say it would be a good switch.

Long McArthur also offers to pay shipping costs if you use their financing. Might be worth reaching out and seeing what that looks like.

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Suggestions?
I keep my vehicles 15 years,so I'd be keeping it. That's my 2 cents 😆

TKranbuhl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in the same boat. My '22 has been perfect, no issues. I'm looking at a $4-$5 K difference. When the '24 comes in I'll go to the dealer and look it over and then decide.
Sponsored