Sponsored

Trade-in to dealer or sell to a car-buying company?

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

In preparation for purchasing my truck, I’m trying to decide how to sell my current car. I could, of course, trade it at the dealer. However, they already gave me a low-ball offer. Since they don’t care if I walk, they have no incentive to give me any more on the trade.

I’m thinking about selling to Carvana, CarMax, or CarGuru once my truck arrives. I’ve never bought or sold from any of them. I was wondering if you all have had any experience with selling to these companies. The quotes I’ve received were around $3k-$4k more than what the Ford said they’d give me. What are your thoughts? Any advantages/disadvantages to selling this way? Any recommendations?
I recently answered that exact question from another Maverick buyer waiting for his truck. I sold my Hyundai Sanota to Carvana. They gave me a fast, no haggle price, and I didn't have to deal with a buyer looking for financing, or telling me things to try to lower my price. They pay top dollar, hand you a check as soon as there rep checks the car out, and sends a truck to pick it up the same day.
Sponsored