First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this is a pretty short sighted statement, Ford's obligation is to the stock holders since they are a public company, not necessarily the customer.
Are you a stockholder though? I still don't understand why so many people jump to the defense of megacorporation that are doing what is bad for them, the customer, but great for their profits. Its like, cmon, if you're not going to stick up for yourself the customer, who is? ;)
For someone who ordered a slightly above base model - This is discouraging - as far as it seems picking what I wanted (could afford) put me in the back of the line because it won't make AS MUCH profit , at least that is the vibe that article puts out.
Ultimately, this may ring true for Maverick's in general. Ford would much rather put you in a $50K F150, but in order to sell F150s without massive CAFE fines and purchase of carbon offset credits, they have to put some fuel efficient vehicles out there, hence the cheap 42mpg hybrid. I'm sure some bean counter has figured out the math on how many Maverick hybrids they have to sell in order to focus on more profitable vehicles while meeting fleet fuel economy mandates.
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Are you a stockholder though? I still don't understand why so many people jump to the defense of megacorporation that are doing what is bad for them, the customer, but great for their profits. Its like, cmon, if you're not going to stick up for yourself the customer, who is? ;)

Ultimately, this may ring true for Maverick's in general. Ford would much rather put you in a $50K F150, but in order to sell F150s without massive CAFE fines and purchase of carbon offset credits, they have to put some fuel efficient vehicles out there, hence the cheap 42mpg hybrid. I'm sure some bean counter has figured out the math on how many Maverick hybrids they have to sell in order to focus on more profitable vehicles while meeting fleet fuel economy mandates.
What is there to stick up for?? Should we protest outside Ford headquarters demanding that they do what's in your best interest as someone who ordered a Maverick? This sounds a whole lot like entitlement to me..........we live in a capitalist society which in the end is best for the consumer whether people want to admit it or not. Ford is not the only manufacturer out there, plenty of alternative options. I EXPECT Ford to do what's best for Ford and Ford stock holders regardless of whether or not I own stock.

TerryWalker

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD
For someone who ordered a slightly above base model - This is discouraging - as far as it seems picking what I wanted (could afford) put me in the back of the line because it won't make AS MUCH profit , at least that is the vibe that article puts out.

Here to tell you if that is the modus operandi - Then Happy Customers isn't exactly the goal - nor is it being well balanced with statements like that.

It appears we may be in for more of what sometimes occurs in the grocery industry. You Gotta Eat.... AND You Gotta Drive.....

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's always amazing to me when capitalists get all up in arms when capital does what's in its own interest. That's capitalism.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OK, but you don't have to say "Thank you Daddy" to big Jim, and at least gripe a little.
Gripe? About what? They're doing what they're legally obligated to do.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The irony here is "more profitable" here literally means "we're price gouging some cars/trucks, because the market is allowing us to right now."

I sure hope the U.S. is going to make major investments in public transportation to offset the loss of transport some people are going to experience, because they can't afford to maintain, and/or replace their current vehicles.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's always amazing to me when capitalists get all up in arms when capital does what's in its own interest. That's capitalism.
Because like me you're a customer first and foremost and just like a business should stick up for its own interests over that of the customer you should be sticking up for your interests, that's just common sense. Most customers don't like being price gouged and waiting for months for commodities. Besides, its pretty clear this market is not normal and isn't operating on laissez faire free-market pure capitalism and there's plenty of crony capitalism market interference going on with net worth of the billionaire politically connected class skyrocketing in the last couple of years (now at $5.5 Trillion increase since March 2020 per Forbes).

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm a shareholder. Ford [F] is doing very well right now. As for Ford's shift to most profitable vehicle segment - if you consider their move away from sedans to produce SUVs and Trucks then I believe that represents what Ford CEO was suggesting. After all, the XLT is the big seller, not the Lariat.
Either way, I'm looking forward to delivery day for my new Maverick Lariat like a child looks forward to Christmas.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OK, but you don't have to say "Thank you Daddy" to big Jim, and at least gripe a little.

Should be thanking someone else for shortages, but we arent allowed to go into it.

But here is a thought. If you wanted one, order one sooner, or do the leg work like a bunch of us did and search dealerships. Get on the phone and make calls. I bet I can get on the inventory search rt now and find you a maverick on the way to a dealer or one that just arrived.

This is no different than the video game systems not being able to meet demand because of chip shortage. If you wanted a new Playstation or Xbox you had to do the leg work and keep checking inventory restocks. And if you actually tried, you got one.

Sponsored

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because like me you're a customer first and foremost and just like a business should stick up for its own interests over that of the customer you should be sticking up for your interests, that's just common sense. Most customers don't like being price gouged and waiting for months for commodities. Besides, its pretty clear this market is not normal and isn't operating on laissez faire free-market pure capitalism and there's plenty of crony capitalism market interference going on with net worth of the billionaire politically connected class skyrocketing in the last couple of years (now at $5.5 Trillion increase since March 2020 per Forbes).
So what's "griping" going to do about it? Do something more effective to protect your interests. No such thing as "pure" capitalism, and if you don't like "crony" capitalism your issues might be with capitalism Capital's job is to protect/grow their capital. That's capitalism. Using their capital to protect/grow their capital through the political process is capitalism.

sbpd601

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbon gray XLT 2.0 AWD LUX 4K
Should be thanking someone else for shortages, but we arent allowed to go into it.

But here is a thought. If you wanted one, order one sooner, or do the leg work like a bunch of us did and search dealerships. Get on the phone and make calls. I bet I can get on the inventory search rt now and find you a maverick on the way to a dealer or one that just arrived.

This is no different than the video game systems not being able to meet demand because of chip shortage. If you wanted a new Playstation or Xbox you had to do the leg work and keep checking inventory restocks. And if you actually tried, you got one.
LOL, I will take that bet. I ordered 07-15-21 and still no build date. I check Ford inventory and cars.com on a daily basis. Sure I could have a truck if I took one that didn't have the options I want or if I wanted to pay ridiculous ADM'S. But I want what I ordered in reasonable time and at least at msrp. In today's world I guess that is just an unrealistic expectation. Let's go Ford.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Just look at the #s. A few pissed off want-to-be Maverick owners aren't moving the needle with the billionaire 1% that make the decisions. F-series trucks are their bread and butter. The Maverick is a cool entry into a largely forgotten segment, but the rich aren't getting much richer trying to produce 100k of them at substantially less profit as production costs are out of control.