Standard bed liner?

kmartinkc

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage
New to trucks, this would be my first if I go this route. I'm not clear on what the standard liner is that comes with the Maverick. Is there any liner at all, or would the standard without any added liner just be a metal bed? I see options for the spray liner and other liner options, so wasn't sure if it was lined at all without the added options.
Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
In my limited build/price experience with the Maverick it looks like all trims have no style bed liner unless you order one. But, with my extended experience with the Bronco B/P page Ford wasn't spot on at the first, and changed/updated the page as they went along. So, one never knows at this stage. But, as of now I would go with the theory, "no liner unless ordered".

TooManyVehicles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 XLT, 21 BS Badlands, 22 Mav Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It doesn't come with a liner.

I've had all three types (spray in, drop in, bed mat). I had a drop in on my old (bought used) Silverado. It worked well, except it was a bit slippery. Sometimes that is good (slide things in), sometimes bad (things slide around easily unless held in place somehow). One of the supposed negatives is that water/moisture could get underneath an rot the bed. While that may be true, the 2003 w/185k miles on it had no rust on the bed.

On my F150, I started out with a pad. What's nice about it is that it is easy to put in/out, and you can even take it out to hose down the mat. It also provides a bit of cushioning, so is the most comfortable off all three setups. For instance, if you are in the truck bed on your knees attaching something it makes a difference. The negative on it is that it doesn't provide protection for the bed sides. So, if you are using the truck for wood or dirt or much or (whatever) where things are going to be hitting against the sides, it might not be what you want. A positive is that you can take it out and show off that beautiful paint job (at least on the F150 it matched the rest of the Flame Blue truck). A negative on the liner is it is rough making it difficult to slide anything in and hurts on the knees. One approach to mitigate this is to cut a 4x8 piece of plywood to cover the bed floor, and use that on top of the spray in liner if/when you want to slide things into the bed.

On my F150, I ended up getting spray lining done because I use my truck to haul wood from a wood lot I own to my house. I also leave the pad in as it helps to absorb impacts of crap being tossed in the truck bed, and it makes it a softer surface. i also have a one-piece Undercover Lux (color matched) cover (which I guess is the subject of another thread).

Hope this helps.
I am likely to just go for the pad this go around, as I don't intend to use this truck for wood or dirt hauling.