First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dont even think they need to change the motor out for a ST. Exhaust, a Corsair turbo, and a bigger bumper to house a bigger intercooler, could easily put 300-325+ hp down with a full warranty. ]
The only hitch in that get-along is the 8F35 transmission's torque rating, 260ftlbs. As it is the engine is soft tuned to get by. No way is it going warrantied to live behind 300HP. It's very expensive to get an engine emissions certified so it would be cheaper to plug in the 2.3L and that was about a $3K option on the Corsair.
I'm guesstimating A ST option like I speced would be about $4K with the plastic bits. $3K with just the TC RDU like the in the RS and Tremor. Without the RDU it's just like any other front wheel biased hot hatch, only heavier.

All the while knowing that at around the same weight a 2.3L Mustang is about $28K.
Sponsored

Redd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really think about it. Buy a Tremor, sell the front clip, and the shocks and springs for good money. Get a stock XL bumper for cheap from a wreck. That should net you atleast enough for upgraded lowering springs and shocks. Then slap on a bigger intercooler, the turbo swap, and exhaust, plus tuning and forscan. You should end up with a pretty zippy setup for only a couple thousand over the cost of a Tremor. Probably run 12s and have better handling.
I just wouldn't be able to part with my Tremor's front bumper. Ignoring the whole approach angle aspect of things (which would largely be irrelevant anyway, in the event of lowering), I simply love the lines of it.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford can’t produce enough of what they presently offer? If they can’t even produce enough XL’S what would drive them to produce enough of another level?

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford can’t produce enough of what they presently offer? If they can’t even produce enough XL’S what would drive them to produce enough of another level?
there is nothing in the xl vs the xlt or lariat that is constrained.

the small amount of XLs being built is a choice. Ford does this with all of their vehicles. Go look at the breakouts of trims built for bronco and bronco sport.

Also an ST isn’t a hybrid and therefore not overordered. Look at the tremor. Even assuming the ST is ordered 3x as much as the tremor was it’s nowhere near too many to be built.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just wouldn't be able to part with my Tremor's front bumper. Ignoring the whole approach angle aspect of things (which would largely be irrelevant anyway, in the event of lowering), I simply love the lines of it.
Yeah but I was thinking for the lowered speedy look, a proper ST Maverick will drag plastic as much as a 2000 S10 Extreme.
Ford Maverick ST maverick for 2024? LG5WrbzQHaFj?w=231&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.3&pid=1

The only hitch in that get-along is the 8F35 transmission's torque rating, 260ftlbs. As it is the engine is soft tuned to get by. No way is it going warrantied to live behind 300HP. It's very expensive to get an engine emissions certified so it would be cheaper to plug in the 2.3L and that was about a $3K option on the Corsair.
I'm guesstimating A ST option like I speced would be about $4K with the plastic bits. $3K with just the TC RDU like the in the RS and Tremor. Without the RDU it's just like any other front wheel biased hot hatch, only heavier.

All the while knowing that at around the same weight a 2.3L Mustang is about $28K.
Your right that trans is an issue. I honestly try to put it out of my head that we are getting another auto vehicle. My mother in-law just bought a 2002 Ranger Edge 4x4 3.0 5spd regular cab flareside. It for farm work for a business she is running. But I was checking it over today and did a few test drives. It was sooo sweet to drive. Light, tight, peppy, and just so nice shifting.

We really need to figure out a 6spd swap for the Mavericks.
Sponsored