Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Rr317

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 focus st, 2021 escape, 2022 ford maverick FE
I think this would be a sweet idea, I'm just worried about the price. I guess I could see them sticking to xlt trim level interior with some Recaros, but I would think it would still crest 37000 o_O

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this would be a sweet idea, I'm just worried about the price. I guess I could see them sticking to xlt trim level interior with some Recaros, but I would think it would still crest 37000 o_O
Let’s see.
focus RS $37,000
Bronco Sport Badlands $33,000
Ford Edge ST $43,000

yea I could definitely see the ST Maverick starting over $35,000

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
I could see them doing an ST with the 2.3 ecoboost, a slight drop, and probably a revised front/rear bumper that is painted all the way down

throw on some sticky tires and I bet it would be quick stock and downright fast with a tune

but a full EV one would probably still be faster. Pretty excited to see what Ford does with this platform

Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Who’s going to be first to swap a 2.3 EB engine from a wrecked Ranger and tune/ turn up the boost? Or even a wrecked Focus ST or RS?

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who’s going to be first to swap a 2.3 EB engine from a wrecked Ranger and tune/ turn up the boost? Or even a wrecked Focus ST or RS?
The 2.3 is just a stoker 2.0. Same bore.
the only difference is Connecting rods and Crank shaft. You can get conversion kits for $2,000 and their forged.
get that. E85 fuel injectors. Turn up the boost. You could easily get to 400hp 400lbft

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could see them doing an ST with the 2.3 ecoboost, a slight drop, and probably a revised front/rear bumper that is painted all the way down

throw on some sticky tires and I bet it would be quick stock and downright fast with a tune

but a full EV one would probably still be faster. Pretty excited to see what Ford does with this platform
The new Ford Motor Company/ Volkswagen Group MEB Electric Vehicle Platform is supposed to be out SOON. So a Maverick based off of that would come in 2025/2026. An ST could definitely fill the void till then.

however CURRENTLY the MEB platform only has 302hp and 230lbft total from both motors. 82kwh battery and a range of 250.
With a 0-60 sub 6. So unless the improve that output. A Maverick ST would out run a MEB based Maverick.

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
The 2.3 is just a stoker 2.0. Same bore.
the only difference is Connecting rods and Crank shaft. You can get conversion kits for $2,000 and their forged.
get that. E85 fuel injectors. Turn up the boost. You could easily get to 400hp 400lbft
The block casting on the 2.3 EB is reinforced in certain areas. I came across a comparison awhile back. Otherwise, yes, generally a stroked out 2.0 EB.

Either way I’m interested in the 2.0EB AWD Maverick. I’d run a basic, mild tune on it, like 275HP/300TQ. I’d ideally try to keep the TQ powerband nearing stock to retain favorable daily driving characteristics of the nice low end TQ push. I plan on utilizing Premium fuel anyway so no issues there on my end.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The block casting on the 2.3 EB is reinforced in certain areas. I came across a comparison awhile back. Otherwise, yes, generally a stroked out 2.0 EB.

Either way I’m interested in the 2.0EB AWD Maverick. I’d run a basic, mild tune on it, like 275HP/300TQ. I’d ideally try to keep the TQ powerband nearing stock to retain favorable daily driving characteristics of the nice low end TQ push. I plan on utilizing Premium fuel anyway so no issues there on my end.
I would definitely suggest a e85 tune if you have e85 near you. Slightly worse MPG than premium but $10 a gallon cheaper

Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think a more mass appeal option at much lower cost would be to not touch the engine at all.

Like the FX4 is mostly a wheel and suspension option with some reprogramming of the traction control, make the ST a road focused wheel/tire and suspension option with traction control adjusted accordingly for sport oriented driving using the tow packages shorter gearing and maybe a unique front grill bar.

That way it would stay at an affordable $32K.

I love the Maverick, but if it started approaching $40K, I'd probably start looking at a 275hp AWD Santa Cruz w/ has a DCT and a bit more upmarket interior to match the higher price tag w/ its full digital instrument cluster, 360 camera, keyfob remote parking, ventilated leather seats, LED rear tail lights, etc.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think a more mass appeal option at much lower cost would be to not touch the engine at all.

Like the FX4 is mostly a wheel and suspension option with some reprogramming of the traction control, make the ST a road focused wheel/tire and suspension option with traction control adjusted accordingly for sport oriented driving using the tow packages shorter gearing and maybe a unique front grill bar.

That way it would stay at an affordable $32K.

I love the Maverick, but if it started approaching $40K, I'd probably start looking at a 275hp AWD Santa Cruz w/ has a DCT and a bit more upmarket interior to match the higher price tag w/ its full digital instrument cluster, 360 camera, keyfob remote parking, ventilated leather seats, LED rear tail lights, etc.
That would be an ST Line build...not an ST! I can understand the route you are suggesting, but a true ST has to come first...the ST line versions are always later trim-only options (note - 'ST Line' have been done that I know of with the Fiesta, Edge and maybe explorer? The ST Line is a trim-only upgrade, no actual performance changes).

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To be a true ST, it should have a manual for fun and engagement.
They can keep the Recaros, my friend had a Focus ST and they were horrible. His wife made him rent a car for vacation accordingly. They are meant for racing, not a DD.

Ponypower

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord
I had recaros in my Focus SVT and they were awesome, surprised to hear he didn’t like them.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be a true ST, it should have a manual for fun and engagement.
They can keep the Recaros, my friend had a Focus ST and they were horrible. His wife made him rent a car for vacation accordingly. They are meant for racing, not a DD.
Would love to have a manual option. But I would just prefer to have a an aggressive paddle shift. And I agree that be the first thing I would swap out is the seats.
Sponsored