OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
Launch control isn't one of the drive modes on any current Maverick, it was not designed to be an ST and driving it as such could be viewed as "driven beyond its normal design limits." How would you feel if you let a friend borrow your truck to pick up something from Lowes or Home Depot and when they returned the vehicle said this? "Your truck skipped second gear every time I stomped on the gas and full throttle downshifts between 40 and 60 were a buzzkill". I bet you'd be pissed and tell them if my transmission messes up, you're gonna pay for it.
Little different mentality at our house. Daughters and boyfriends are into the tuner car stuff. Fiesta st, mini cooper s, forte gt, wrx. focus st, etc. any given weekend at my house we might be doing exhaust, lowering springs, intercoolers, larger turbos, ecm tunes, aux fuel kit, intakes, sway bars wheel and tire swaps, downpipes, electric exhaust cutout, boost gauge. There is something going on almost every other weekend. So if someone takes the Maverick they better let me know if they toyed with a Civic Sport 1.5L turbo. :) Life is too short not to have some fun

OP
OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know but the guy said his dad bought the car for him so I'm sure he didn't have much appreciation for how hard it is for most of us to pay for a new vehicle. Personally, I'm into motorcycles for the simple fact they are much cheaper to modify and fix when I run the piss out of them. Ordered the Mav to haul them to the track.
Sponsored