First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid, Mini 4 door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just found out today on Johnny's car care site that the spray in bedliner has now been dropped on the Lux Package for a hard drop in liner for all those who DO NOT already have a Vin and build date.
And the dance continues.
I got a build date and VIN # on October 21st (for 12/13) and my accessories list now reads "Drop-in Bedliner." I'm kinda bummed.
Sponsored

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I got my info from a utube video from Johnny's Car Care. He stated the drop in was listed on the latest Ford Build Sheet for the Lux Package which was a substitution for the spray in. This would apply only to vehicles that did not already have a build date and vin #. I just got in under the wire, I have a build date of 12/6 and a vin# and I will be getting the spray in liner as part of my Lux Package. Hope Ford compensates those that thought they were getting the more costly spray in on their Lux Package, I think the difference was $375 drop in as opposed to $495. with spray in
I thought I got in under the wire too, but even though I had VIN# by Oct 21st (build 12/13) my online accessories list at the Ford tracker site now reads drop-in bedliner. I am going to check and see if the bedliner can be dropped altogether from the XLT LUX pkg, to get a spray-in bedliner after market.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I thought I got in under the wire too, but even though I had VIN# by Oct 21st (build 12/13) my online accessories list at the Ford tracker site now reads drop-in bedliner. I am going to check and see if the bedliner can be dropped altogether from the XLT LUX pkg, to get a spray-in bedliner after market.
The common denominator seems to be in the build dates that determine if you get drop in or spray in liner. From looking at the thread from when I started it, it seems any build date AFTER 12/6 had the drop in substituted for a spray in. This would also give credibility to Johnny's Car Care site where I got my info from. Anyone out there had the change BEFORE 12/6 ?. Just curious.

XLTLUXRED

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The common denominator seems to be in the build dates that determine if you get drop in or spray in liner. From looking at the thread from when I started it, it seems any build date AFTER 12/6 had the drop in substituted for a spray in. This would also give credibility to Johnny's Car Care site where I got my info from. Anyone out there had the change BEFORE 12/6 ?. Just curious.
Thanks for the info. How utterly frustrating! I was waiting for a build date since 6/14 (182 days), and to miss it by a lousy week?!

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget Johnny's Car Care & Reviews is in Canada so the packaging might be different. I checked the Ford.ca website and both the XLT and Lariat luxury packages still list spray-in so it may not be up to date.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
That's weird. I also received a VIN on 10/21 and a build date of 12/13 but when I log into the tracker under the accessories drop down menu it still lists spray in liner.

OP
OP

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Don't forget Johnny's Car Care & Reviews is in Canada so the packaging might be different. I checked the Ford.ca website and both the XLT and Lariat luxury packages still list spray-in so it may not be up to date.
Very good observation, hopefully others will reply and we will be able to see if 12/6 build date with vin # is actual cutoff or not from Fords confirmation email of scheduled build date.

OP
OP

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Here we go again, my order was pushed back from Oct to Dec, now scheduled for Nov 29th . Still showing a spray in bed liner thankfully.

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Not sure why anyone that has decided that Ford is incompetent and/or is going to intentionally screw them for more profit would bother ordering the Maverick.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There should be a petition to drop the bed liner alltogether and reduce the cost of the lux package for customers affected by this whether you're scheduled or still waiting.

Honestly this is very upsetting that they can switch items with a lesser quality and the keep the price unchanged! What if they decide to take out the heated steering wheel and in exchange gives you hand warmer packets instead and still charge you the same?

At least make it a dealer installed alternative or better yet, a credit to have it done outside yourself.

Sponsored

Deleted member 6544

There should be a petition to drop the bed liner alltogether and reduce the cost of the lux package for customers affected by this whether you're scheduled or still waiting.

Honestly this is very upsetting that they can switch items with a lesser quality and the keep the price unchanged! What if they decide to take out the heated steering wheel and in exchange gives you hand warmer packets instead and still charge you the same?

At least make it a dealer installed alternative or better yet, a credit to have it done outside yourself.
All good points. My dealer is going halves with me for an aftermarket spray bedliner because of the drop in liner now part of the lux package, (XLT trim ordered). The dealer uses Bullet which actually has a lifetime warranty vs. the OEM of only 3 years. And could do a color if I wanted it. So...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The spary-in bed liner is only being dropped from the XLT Lux package on new orders placed after X date (I don't recall the date but @fordvideoguy stated it his videos) the Lariat Lux package will continue to have spray-in liner. XLT ordered after X date with Lux package will get a drop-in liner, which if it's like the liner in the South American Maverick looks nice. All XLT Lux packages ordered before X date will get the spray-in liner. This is how I understand what Maverick Jesus said a few times in his videos and so far he's been spot with his info and/or corrected it when needed.

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford should just drop it and give people a 500 dollar voucher toward line-x or one of the other liner companies

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Johny has also corrected himself in videos after that. He is very good at keeping everyone updated.

JSanchez

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Suburban C1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just found out today on Johnny's car care site that the spray in bedliner has now been dropped on the Lux Package for a hard drop in liner for all those who DO NOT already have a Vin and build date.
And the dance continues.
Yeah its been this way for the better part of the month.
Sponsored