Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
  • Banned
Just found out today on Johnny's car care site that the spray in bedliner has now been dropped on the Lux Package for a hard drop in liner for all those who DO NOT already have a Vin and build date.
And the dance continues.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
  • Banned
Some say if you ordered before x date and sheet says spray in your good, now were hearing vin. I will be very sad if mine shows up with a drop in liner.
Well I got my info from a utube video from Johnny's Car Care. He stated the drop in was listed on the latest Ford Build Sheet for the Lux Package which was a substitution for the spray in. This would apply only to vehicles that did not already have a build date and vin #. I just got in under the wire, I have a build date of 12/6 and a vin# and I will be getting the spray in liner as part of my Lux Package. Hope Ford compensates those that thought they were getting the more costly spray in on their Lux Package, I think the difference was $375 drop in as opposed to $495. with spray in

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Well I got my info from a utube video from Johnny's Car Care. He stated the drop in was listed on the latest Ford Build Sheet for the Lux Package which was a substitution for the spray in. This would apply only to vehicles that did not already have a build date and vin #. I just got in under the wire, I have a build date of 12/6 and a vin# and I will be getting the spray in liner as part of my Lux Package. Hope Ford compensates those that thought they were getting the more costly spray in on their Lux Package, I think the difference was $375 drop in as opposed to $495. with spray in
Tim Bartz said it’s only for orders that weren’t placed. Not sure what jimmy’s car care is but i feel like someone as knowledgeable as tim wouldn’t put that info out there without knowing for sure

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Part of the reason I wanted Lux was for spray in bed liner. I might have just order an XL. Sounds stupid as its only a fraction of the package but how I felt when ordering. I wanted spray in bed and trailer hitch. Also not sure the bed extender works with drop in liner.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
XLT Lux only is switching to drop in. On new orders only. Lariat Lux is staying spray in so far. Supposedly, Ford will honor existing orders that have spray in on their DORA sheet.

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm an XLT Lux Hybrid order, if it comes in with a drop in, I'll raise a fuss with my dealer... Maybe I get money off, maybe I get an aftermarket spray in... With a dealer survey coming, they'll probably bite, it's not that big of a cost for them... Plus they can resell the drop in...

MikeyCNY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat TREMOR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford.com builder still says spray-in for XLT Lux and Lariat Lux packages. Until we hear something official that's all we can go on.

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Subaru Forrester Sport
XLT Lux only is switching to drop in. On new orders only. Lariat Lux is staying spray in so far. Supposedly, Ford will honor existing orders that have spray in on their DORA sheet.
That sounds about right. I asked about several this morning and I can see the XLT getting it, I'm paying for all the options and Lariat all the way. The most expensive Maverick better not be getting a taco shell, I'll drop that order like a hot potato. I'm already upset that I'm being forced to get A51 with FE options, I should be able to get whatever external color I want that is not blue or red but offered with that truck and get those options.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sounds about right. I asked about several this morning and I can see the XLT getting it, I'm paying for all the options and Lariat all the way. The most expensive Maverick better not be getting a taco shell, I'll drop that order like a hot potato. I'm already upset that I'm being forced to get A51 with FE options, I should be able to get whatever external color I want that is not blue or red but offered with that truck and get those options.
Taco shell? BWAHHAAAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO:

Too funny. đź‘Ť

Sponsored

tateconcepts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Subaru Forrester Sport
Taco shell? BWAHHAAAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO:

Too funny. đź‘Ť
For all that read for whatever that was worth, I meant that in the way Taco Bell drops shells into orders - they don't bake them or anything like that. Sometimes that's cool, but not with a bed liner - that's just terrible and looks like fast food.

OP
OP

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
The big question is how is a drop in bed liner matching up with "luxury" in any world. They should just be dropping the price of the package and letting customers decide what they want to get. There are lots of other things in the lux packages you can't get any other way. Getting a fully loaded XLT and then having them put a drop in liner is ridiculous. It is an inferior product in every way. Ford really is making a lot of executive level mistakes lately. These greedy people need to be fired. You can make profit and do right by customers. They are just taking every opportunity to screw customers they can with this launch. And it's too bad, because it is a great vehicle.
I'm not fully convinced it is greed involved, more like poor decision making after Ford realized demand was going to further delay orders due to supply chain shortages.( XLT most popular along with Lux Package) and thus backpaddeling to try and rush out an already late product.
I do definitely agree with others who said the drop in is not their idea of a luxury item. If it was my company, heads would roll over all the mistakes in high ranking pay grades. Just no excuse for all the botched decision making.

brandonco05

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dumb question, but is the spray in liner going away completely or is it only being dropped from the lux package? Could someone still order the spray in liner apart from the lux package?

OP
OP

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
Dumb question, but is the spray in liner going away completely or is it only being dropped from the lux package? Could someone still order the spray in liner apart from the lux package?
Seems to have been only dropped from Lux Package, stand alone option 95G is still listed on order guide. So it seems like now Ford is giving less for same price of Luxury Package. I think it is roughly $135.00 less between both liners.
Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of the powers that be in Ford Corporate.

dceggert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2019 Ranger, 2024 Maverick ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dropped from the Lux package on the XLT only according to the Order Guide. The Lariat Lux Package is still carrying it for now.
Sponsored