2.0 Ecoboost AWD 2K tow vs 4K tow acceleration

rustru

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
I ordered a loaded 2.0 Lariat Lux AWD, FX4 but didn't order the 4K tow (wanted to save myself the $800 since I never tow anything).

Does anyone have experience with acceleration/passing power of the 2K tow vs. 4K? I am sure the 4K tow will do 0-60 in about .2-.3 secs faster but just wondered if one would notice an extreme difference?
Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will only notice it if you side by side with a 4k equipped Maverick. If you scan through this site you will find the ones with the quickest acceleration times are the 2K ones for some odd reason. Maybe we can find 2 members to do a side by side test to find out the real difference. I must say my FWD version is surprisingly quick in sport mode.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will only notice it if you side by side with a 4k equipped Maverick. If you scan through this site you will find the ones with the quickest acceleration times are the 2K ones for some odd reason. Maybe we can find 2 members to do a side by side test to find out the real difference. I must say my FWD version is surprisingly quick in sport mode.
No lie. I only drove in Sport Mode once on the highway. It's like waving a crop next to a galloping horse (without actually making contact) and finding a whole other gear, only faster.

OP
OP
rustru

rustru

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
No lie. I only drove in Sport Mode once on the highway. It's like waving a crop next to a galloping horse (without actually making contact) and finding a whole other gear, only faster.
I finally got to test drive one. Wow. Exceeded my expectations, especially in the quickness department.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With AWD and FX4, the 4k gearing will make up for the added weight and lack of sport mode. Otherwise lighter is faster and 2WD 2.0 sport mode will be faster at this power level since traction isnt a problem. Add 50-100 hp and traction issues may change things quite a bit and AWD will launch harder and the gearing will help that.

If you arent doing anything to it you will be fine without it. I hope to do some upgrades down the line that will take advantage of the gearing and additional cooling will help keep my transmission alive once I get above 300hp.

JennyJoannSuebeeMcNash

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know someone mentioned tuning their Ecoboost. I'd like to know what they did exactly, because I'm pulling some impressive city miles and if those miles can be improved upon, I'm all for it. I know a lot of people made the decision to buy a hybrid, and I kinda wish I did as well, but in all honesty I can't complain about the mileage I'm getting.

Knine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SS
Engine
Undecided
I have a XLT with 4k and I have sport mode... is this not a common thing? I am waiting until after the first 1k to really see what she can do, but so far I've been impressed.
It is the FX4 package that removes sport and eco modes

MavDave

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is the FX4 package that removes sport and eco modes
That would be a tough decision. Ideally someone in the aftermarket develops a way to get more modes. I would like the ones offered on the fx4 but I do enjoy the better fuel economy not so much the decreased power

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WOT over rides Sport mode, so there's no drive mode advantage for a drag race.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be a tough decision. Ideally someone in the aftermarket develops a way to get more modes. I would like the ones offered on the fx4 but I do enjoy the better fuel economy not so much the decreased power
You can access all modes with some Forscan changes

SaltyDog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a loaded 2.0 Lariat Lux AWD, FX4 but didn't order the 4K tow (wanted to save myself the $800 since I never tow anything).

Does anyone have experience with acceleration/passing power of the 2K tow vs. 4K? I am sure the 4K tow will do 0-60 in about .2-.3 secs faster but just wondered if one would notice an extreme difference?
The 4K is slightly faster. My neighbor has 2k with fx4 so no “sport” mode. The 4K with sport mode (non fx4) is very quick! 0-60 in 5.7 with 93 octane

SaltyDog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 XLT AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a XLT with 4k and I have sport mode... is this not a common thing? I am waiting until after the first 1k to really see what she can do, but so far I've been impressed.
Same as mine. Fx4 has no sport mode and weighs a tad more.
Sponsored