JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was going to say this as well.

I've got mine lowered 2" front and 3" rear and this one pictured is definitely sitting even lower than mine.
Yup. Low rider version I knew that what come out .
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting to see! I have to ask what does "ST," stand for?
The ST line stands for Sports Technologies, I do believe.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 13.jpg

Just in! Our spy photographer caught an interesting new Ford Maverick prototype which could possibly represent an early mule for a higher-performance (ST?) variant. This prototype is not wearing a license plate, which may mean that testing is currently limited to the relative safety of Ford’s test track, where our long lens caught it doing laps

Key Camouflaged Elements Suggest Higher-Performance Intentions.
This early prototype is rocking disguised wheel arches, which appear to be flared a bit to allow wider tires. The truck’s wheels are also covered with camo-covered disks. The most interesting bit, however, is found when looking at this Maverick’s rear-end…Is that a dual exhaust set-up?

Dual Exhaust: The Visual Evidence
While the current FWD Hybrid and AWD EcoBoost Mavericks are both equipped with a single exhaust pipe tucked under the left side of the bumper, this new prototype looks like it has dual exhaust outlets. Although photographed from long-distance, it appears that holes have been cut into the corners of the rear bumper—within the protrusions which frame the panel housing the license plate and tow hitch. We took a close look at a production Maverick to make sure that those textured bumper nubs aren’t separate, pop-out pieces, and they are not. Ford engineers had to physically cut these openings, in the perfect place for a dual-exhaust set-up.

Upgraded Intercoolers On Display?
Although fine details elude us on these long-range shots, we think we can see evidence of changes within this Maverick’s front-fascia’s air-intakes. There appear to be new intercoolers visible in the bottom of the Maverick’s primary grille, as well as in the prototype’s lower air-intake, suggesting a possible high-performance intent.

This tantalizing Maverick testbed appears to be an early work in progress, with the key changes focused in all the areas that would be addressed in a sportier variant. Front-fascia design changes would come along later in development, to more artfully accommodate the performance-focused cooling, and provide a more aggressive look. We’ll definitely be on the hunt for a closer look at this prototype, to see what’s going on in higher-resolution form.

2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 12.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 11.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 8.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 2.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 3.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 9.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 14.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 4.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 15.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 10.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 6.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 5.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 7.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 1.jpg
Are those

Just in! Our spy photographer caught an interesting new Ford Maverick prototype which could possibly represent an early mule for a higher-performance (ST?) variant. This prototype is not wearing a license plate, which may mean that testing is currently limited to the relative safety of Ford’s test track, where our long lens caught it doing laps

Key Camouflaged Elements Suggest Higher-Performance Intentions.
This early prototype is rocking disguised wheel arches, which appear to be flared a bit to allow wider tires. The truck’s wheels are also covered with camo-covered disks. The most interesting bit, however, is found when looking at this Maverick’s rear-end…Is that a dual exhaust set-up?

Dual Exhaust: The Visual Evidence
While the current FWD Hybrid and AWD EcoBoost Mavericks are both equipped with a single exhaust pipe tucked under the left side of the bumper, this new prototype looks like it has dual exhaust outlets. Although photographed from long-distance, it appears that holes have been cut into the corners of the rear bumper—within the protrusions which frame the panel housing the license plate and tow hitch. We took a close look at a production Maverick to make sure that those textured bumper nubs aren’t separate, pop-out pieces, and they are not. Ford engineers had to physically cut these openings, in the perfect place for a dual-exhaust set-up.

Upgraded Intercoolers On Display?
Although fine details elude us on these long-range shots, we think we can see evidence of changes within this Maverick’s front-fascia’s air-intakes. There appear to be new intercoolers visible in the bottom of the Maverick’s primary grille, as well as in the prototype’s lower air-intake, suggesting a possible high-performance intent.

This tantalizing Maverick testbed appears to be an early work in progress, with the key changes focused in all the areas that would be addressed in a sportier variant. Front-fascia design changes would come along later in development, to more artfully accommodate the performance-focused cooling, and provide a more aggressive look. We’ll definitely be on the hunt for a closer look at this prototype, to see what’s going on in higher-resolution form.

2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 12.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 11.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 8.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 2.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 3.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 9.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 14.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 4.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 15.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 10.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 6.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 5.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 7.jpg
2023 Ford Maverick ST prototype 1.jpg
I like that exhaust outlet.

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not trying to stir up a fuss, but I really don't get the big deal about fog lights. I've only had one vehicle that had them. (Chevy Trailblazer) I tried them out a couple of times in foggy conditions and I honestly couldn't tell any difference. 🤔 Never bothered with them again.
Fog lights spread light low and out to the sides. I need them to see deer!

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Sure, just as my July order Lariat 2.0T AWD finally arrives at dealership, if that’s an ST type product. 🤣

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m guessing it going use eco boost or different one all together for the engine ?

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Only thing I’d chance is full metal chrome bumper

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad to see they aren’t resting on their laurels despite selling more than double the number of Mavericks than their only current competitor (Santa Cruz).

By the time Ram, Chevy, and Toyota come out with a small truck again, Ford will have multiple variants of the Maverick.
True crush the small truck market. I suspect dodge will be the main competitor

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Makes sense capitalizing on the Mav….just a thought, but getting Buschers input into the design and all would put the to be edition into the “highway to the danger zone”. Having said that, I’m pretty sure David just isn’t the corporate type…….

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid