Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Like many of you I ordered September 15th and received a confirmation email from Ford. I think the vast majority of us avoided all currently known constraints. I ordered an XL Hybrid with the ONLY option being the 400W inverter. I'm suspecting March - April delivery.

Go ahead, crush my dreams! When do you expect BASIC September 15th hybrids to be delivered?
Sponsored

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am pretty sure my MY23 Hybrid XLT will never be built. Because Ford can't build Hybrids in any significant quantity, apparently. And everybody orders Hybrids. I hope I am wrong

Sponsored

taylor_

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the ecoboost lariat awd, with a lot of the options. Fully expect to wait a year, if it comes sooner I'll be hyped. Hoping that being an ecoboost and not the hybrid will be the saving grace on getting it any sooner.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XLT hybrid... and I am not feeling great about it. I don't realistically think ford will start producing the MY23 until january and then your probably looking at 8-10 months from then. Highly dependent on economic factors.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neither Ford or dealership contacted me.
I bugged dealership starting 9/13 to get conversion to 23my.
Had to go in to them 3 times and finally got confirmation 9/20.
They said they did not know about the private offer.
If it does come in, I expect a big fight with them to pursue.
Ford has disrespected this customer.

Joe Mac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 F250 Super Duty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a EB Lariet Lux AWD Tow and off road package. I think Ford scared away a lot of people when they listed the constrained options. So I figured why not order the works and see what happens

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Being that Ford cut off ordering I strongly suspect that they reached a number that they felt confident that they would be able to actually build. Of course that doesn't necessarily mean it will happen, but they definitely have forecasted the '23 model year and knew they couldn't build 5 million.

I suspect almost every order will likely be built based solely on that and what Ford may have learned from Bronco orders. I know that's an extremely optimistic outlook given their track record, but seeing that they stopped ordering as quickly as they did gives me (false?) hope.

Further, I suspect that when they figure out how to build the orders they'll either reopen the order banks or just pump out retail orders. Or both.

Again, this is likely extremely optimistic but business acumen teaches that planning for the unexpected is a recipe for success. Are you listening, Ford? Do you need me to be a keynote speaker at your next event? :)

Sponsored

Treppie1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
Engine
Undecided
It’s hard to say with any certainty with orders. I’m a rollover and got mine in within minutes of the opening of the order banks. But mine is fully loaded. With built dates starting in November someone has to get them. But it’s probably like the lotto - someone is going to win it’s just not going to be me!

OP
OP
daddio211

daddio211

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot rods, Jeeps, boats
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With built dates starting in November someone has to get them. But it’s probably like the lotto - someone is going to win it’s just not going to be me!
My sentiments EXACTLY!

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm the last person to be an optimist, but it only takes a few days to build a truck!
The very first non-constrained 23's should be getting delivered to dealers within 60 days of 11-15-22. The factories don't have unlimited storage space.
Obviously, if hybrid batterys are constricted all bets are off for them, etc..

bman

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Hybrid Lux Cp+assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It’s hard to say with any certainty with orders. I’m a rollover and got mine in within minutes of the opening of the order banks. But mine is fully loaded. With built dates starting in November someone has to get them. But it’s probably like the lotto - someone is going to win it’s just not going to be me!
my thinking exactly! Somebody's gotta be first.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@daddio211 your time estimate is possible but greatly depends on your regions allocations, your dealers allocation and your place in line.
Sponsored