Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know the Lariat has an acoustic windshield; but does it have any additional sound deadening insulation. Most other upper trim vehicles do. But the Mav is not like most other vehicles; so I would guess not. If/when I replace the crappy std. speakers I'll find out and can add insulation in the doors. Also, apparently, there is no additional insulation in the hood. Behind the rear seats would be another location where insulation could be added as well.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know the Lariat has an acoustic windshield; but does it have any additional sound deadening insulation. Most other upper trim vehicles do. But the Mav is not like most other vehicles; so I would guess not. If/when I replace the crappy std. speakers I'll find out and can add insulation in the doors. Also, apparently, there is no additional insulation in the hood. Behind the rear seats would be another location where insulation could be added as well.
Was just looking for under hood insl yesterday with no good results aside from the peal and stick variety.
My intent was to quiet the tickity tick tick ticking

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They do not. You should be able to search and find several threads on this subject from mid-last year.

Speed2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX Sportwagon
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has some type of foam padding between the fender and engine bay which I would assume helps keep down engine noise. Not sure if its just on the Lariat or if they all have it.

Ford Maverick Sound level in the lariat 20221115_185228

Ford Maverick Sound level in the lariat 20221115_185241

Ford Maverick Sound level in the lariat 20221115_185510

Ford Maverick Sound level in the lariat 20221115_185517

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Was just looking for under hood insl yesterday with no good results aside from the peal and stick variety.
My intent was to quiet the tickity tick tick ticking
Thanks for the reply!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine has some type of foam padding between the fender and engine bay which I would assume helps keep down engine noise. Not sure if its just on the Lariat or if they all have it.

20221115_185228.jpg

20221115_185241.jpg

20221115_185510.jpg

20221115_185517.jpg
Looks like it was a lot of effort on your part, thanks; older posts shows this was missing on lower trims. Thanks

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
YouTube has videos doing this.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No issues with road or ambient outside noise until a window or sunroof is opened, then all hell breaks loose. It's pretty quiet inside my Lariat FE Hybrid. So far, so good.

OP
OP
Raymundo76

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No issues with road or ambient outside noise until a window or sunroof is opened, then all hell breaks loose. It's pretty quiet inside my Lariat FE Hybrid. So far, so good.
Thanks for the reply; high noise when the sunroof is opened is consistent with every vehicle I have owned. In my Mazda the optional plastic air deflector greatly reduces the noise level when the sunroof is just cracked open. But it was a bear to install!

Sponsored

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My lariat is just fine as is. I though about the hood but after a few months with rain etc I have decided to leave it as id

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am doing this in fragments, which is not ideal. But, I just pulled my door panels and the interior panel with the window regulator and added SoundSkins sound deadening to the sheet metal and also back side of the door panel and it made a really notable difference. Now, when I upgrade the speakers and add a sub it will really big a big change. I also did the panel behind the rear seat.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have a thread?
If you just search it on Youtube you will find multiple videos. The process is not hard, but it is tedious and I think arguably the most difficult part is connecting and disconnecting the window regulator from the glass.
Sponsored