Sponsored

Sorry - I have to ask... (1L water bottles storage)

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Re thermoflask, can you tell us how that compares to your standard 32 Oz/ 1 L Nalgene bottle? Not familiar with the brand, and it appears too skinny to accommodate a Nalgene type bottle (and all mine are that sized bade, even the hydroflasks).
My Thermoflask is a 40 oz or 1.2 liter, about the same size around as a nalgene just taller.
Sponsored

SoupFiend

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ford ranger, 09 Honda civic
Maybe this is just a Minnesota thing?! Hahaha
Definitely not. Very big here in Socal to carry refillable water bottles. Staying hydrated is important /a healthy habit.

My wife and I always have a refillable bottle so I really like this feature

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like some people are missing the point of this, it isn't for store bought single use 1L bottles, they specifically stated somewhere nalgene size bottles. More and more people including myself use stainless steel vacuum insulated water bottles all the time. In at least one promo video I saw someone put my exact bottle (Thermoflask) into that door pocket, I'm pumped!
A question non-Mav related, but how good are those stainless steel vacuum bottles in real life? Do you they keep your drink cold/hot for hours like the manufacture claim? Thanks

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now you're talking. A drain-cock too.
I saw in one of the early Maverick videos (can't remember which one because I've watch waaaay too many), but the reviewer claimed or stated that was one of the ideas put forth about the under the seat storage could be used as a tailgating ice chest! I thought that was great, but as mention, where's the drain for the water after the party is over?

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
A question non-Mav related, but how good are those stainless steel vacuum bottles in real life? Do you they keep your drink cold/hot for hours like the manufacture claim? Thanks
Love my hydroflask. Keeps ice water all day in 100+ degree heat.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love my hydroflask. Keeps ice water all day in 100+ degree heat.
Thanks, and I see that you're from Vegas so I know you're getting good testing weather! :)

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
So I preordered my maverick and am excited - but what is with every video I see on YouTube and demo touting the fact you can store a 1 liter water bottle in all the doors? I mean, I am from AZ and I never perceived this as a problem with my Edge :). Perhaps focus on the styling and versatility - Thoughts? :D
The split arm rest was a good idea but for me it allows a bike to fit in the rear passenger compartment. It was a good idea in a narrow vehicle. Cars have been around for over a hundred years, it’s hard to come up with new ideas. Be happy they came up with a 40 mpg hybrid, 20,000 base price, interior bike storage, and yes one liter bottle holders. 😁 I’m going to buy orange water bottles to match the stitching. Lol

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

wiseguy3501

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh yeah, it depends on the manufacturer and how it's built. For instance my Thermoflask, I filled my bottle this morning at 4am, it's been in my car all day, currently 94°, I've drunk at least half(makes a difference how full it is), 11 hours later and it's still ice cold.

I also have 32 oz Kleen Kanteen bottle with a smaller lid, the lid itself is also insulated, that will hold water cold for an insane amount of time. Mainly they all function the same way and are good. The lid determines most of the length of time stuff holds temp.

jimmy fitzwell

First Name
jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 pinto wagon, 67 olds 98
I saw in one of the early Maverick videos (can't remember which one because I've watch waaaay too many), but the reviewer claimed or stated that was one of the ideas put forth about the under the seat storage could be used as a tailgating ice chest! I thought that was great, but as mention, where's the drain for the water after the party is over?
We'll have to put one in. Usually there is a rubber grommet into the bed area. Run the drain tube through that along with my HAM antennas. My bud has drain cocks on his Harley hard bags!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We'll have to put one in. Usually there is a rubber grommet into the bed area. Run the drain tube through that along with my HAM antennas. My bud has drain cocks on his Harley hard bags!
I'm sure there will someone to test this out! I know my older '14 Harley had plugs in the hard bags, but since the bags are removable I don't think I'll add a drain holes to my '21 Road King Special bags!

Dancebuff

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All things Hydroflask dominate my area. I have two different bottle sizes. Hoping the fatter one fits in the door. They truly are a lethal weapon if they fly around inside the car. This design feature is actually a big deal in my opinion. I remember researching cars before I had a baby and reading that something like 17,000 injuries happen every year from objects flying around inside vehicles like projectiles. Just sayin'. Good on Ford.
Sponsored